GoG has released Railroad Tycoon 2: Platinum and RRT3 and SMR

On 8/9/2018 at 7:44 PM, htp_rr said:

Has anyone determined what version number the GoG release reports? Or if they fixed the demand errors in the exe or for ports in the scenarios? If not has anyone opened it in the hex editor to see how different it is?

GoG version is 1.56 with DRM removed I believe. No other changes to standard 1.56 are likely to be in there. GoG usually release the games DRM free with the latest official patches but no other modifications.      

• Like 1

I have the GoG version. Just to confirm that Silverback is correct. It reports as 1.56. I still see the bugs with Milk demand, ports etc.. I know GoG has been known to do updates that will help a game run with current generation PCs, I don't have a PC that was difficult to run the original disc version, so I have no experience whether there has been some improvements in that regard or not. I'm not a programmer. I don't know this hex stuff. I do have a simplistic free hex program. I tried a compare, but it doesn't give me a report on the % difference. The files appear to be similar length but there are at least a couple larger blocks that are showing as different as well as quite a scattering of shorter edits throughout much of the file. But as I said, I really have no idea. . . .

• Like 1

On 8/14/2018 at 10:27 PM, MaglevForever said:

I have the GoG version. Just to confirm that Silverback is correct. It reports as 1.56. I still see the bugs with Milk demand, ports etc..

If someone wants to PM me the GoG exe file or a link on dropbox, google drive, etc., then I'll see if I can make the changes to fix the non-port demands. That person or someone else would wind up doing the testing to verify the changes since I have the CD version, which I run as a virtual drive from an ISO I made. 

Regarding the ports, I have already made a tool which one could use, or just download the corrected scenario maps. The tool is being posted in a separate thread presently.