RichKT

New PC set up only three days ago with following specs;

Windows 10 Professional x64
Intel i7 6700k
16 GB DDR 4 3000 MHz
480 GB Crucial SSD
1 TB Seagate HDD
950 GeForce GTX nVidiaGraphics 2 GB GDDR5

Running Gruntmods Dune 2000 version 1.6.4 and have tried multiple settings within the config options and cannot fix the black borders around the game on lower graphics modes. Can't play on 1080p as on a Sony Bravia 40" TV because this computer is mainly used as a media PC with some gaming used.

On previous Windows 7 and Windows 10 machine, device had ATI Graphics which scaling modes worked to fix this, however the nVidia Control Panel provides no help in fixing this, as I have tinkered about with each mode in the scaling options, having No Scale mode on, Aspect Ratio and Full Screen, none of these options fixed. Wish to use at the very most, 1280x1024, perhaps 1024x768, going as low as the base resolution, but at the moment, none work with the scaling options provided.

Any insight that can be given would be fantastic, as I've been dying to play Dune 2000 again, as it's been over 3 years since this was last run. Thank you.

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2016 at 5:18 PM, RichKT said:

New PC set up only three days ago with following specs;

Windows 10 Professional x64
Intel i7 6700k
16 GB DDR 4 3000 MHz
480 GB Crucial SSD
1 TB Seagate HDD
950 GeForce GTX nVidiaGraphics 2 GB GDDR5

Running Gruntmods Dune 2000 version 1.6.4 and have tried multiple settings within the config options and cannot fix the black borders around the game on lower graphics modes. Can't play on 1080p as on a Sony Bravia 40" TV because this computer is mainly used as a media PC with some gaming used.

On previous Windows 7 and Windows 10 machine, device had ATI Graphics which scaling modes worked to fix this, however the nVidia Control Panel provides no help in fixing this, as I have tinkered about with each mode in the scaling options, having No Scale mode on, Aspect Ratio and Full Screen, none of these options fixed. Wish to use at the very most, 1280x1024, perhaps 1024x768, going as low as the base resolution, but at the moment, none work with the scaling options provided.

Any insight that can be given would be fantastic, as I've been dying to play Dune 2000 again, as it's been over 3 years since this was last run. Thank you.

In my experience this is also dependent on the display, as they sometime implement their own scaling to prevent the image from stretching.