No sound at all on Gruntmods Version need help

Choob

Hi there. Just recently downloaded the latest Gruntmods version of Dune 2000. I installed everything from the cutscenes to the D2k+ Toolkit. However, there is no music or in game sounds at all. Doesn't matter what game mode you play or watch, there is no audio. I checked the files and all the music files seem to be there. Im running on windows 7 dual quad core I7 processor 3.4Ghz. Nvidia sound card. Everything with the game seems fine, I played for over an hour and visually it is fantastic. Just be cool if I could hear stuff

Any help would be appreciated.

• 5 years later...

Same thing happened to me; played the game all night with sound then next day after the computer went to sleep, it no longer had sound in game, but videos had sound.

Fix: I configured the video settings from Borderless to Full Screen then back to Borderless and sound started up again.

Now it broke again; above fix isn't working now... 

Nvm, it seems to only have sound now in Full Screen mode; sound isn't working anymore in Borderless....

6 hours ago, Grimbot said:

Same thing happened to me; played the game all night with sound then next day after the computer went to sleep, it no longer had sound in game, but videos had sound.

Fix: I configured the video settings from Borderless to Full Screen then back to Borderless and sound started up again.

Now it broke again; above fix isn't working now... 

Nvm, it seems to only have sound now in Full Screen mode; sound isn't working anymore in Borderless....

That's very odd, does everything else work in borderless?

Funny enough, as soon as I made this post, I may have solved the issue.

So, as I was moving old files over from old pc to new, I moved Mike's enhanced +11 trainer, y'know just for fun in skirmishes, and was trying to get it to work. I knew of course it didn't work with gruntmods but even having that installed and using the campaign executable, I remember I had it working previously.

I used the 1.06 patch found here, not only did the trainer start working, but the sound and music on the regular dune 2000 executable, campaign & practice matches etc., began working again as well. Idk. May it help someone else perhaps, and hopefully stays working.

https://michaelshadle.com/projects/dune2000

H
eh, now if I could just get the Dune 2000 queue shortcut to work,

It seems to want to, but gives me this error:
The code execution cannot proceed because mss32.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
Lol.

Cheers.
Mauddib, & Shai Halud..

Hey there, me again, lol.

So I realized I just had to place the actual queue shortcut in the folder to make it read that mss322.dll and, yea it works now, well, sort of, lol.

The thing with it now is this: The game is on steroids and crack. Like holy balls. It is UNNATURALLY fast. Pure madness, insanity. In a way, it's kind of hilarious.

But it didn't do this before when I played the build queue version, and it would be nice if I could get it to run at the normal fast game speed, like, fast but not unnaturally fast like on literal drugs. Turning it down even a tiny notch below max speed, or any speed for that matter besides the max basically, causes it to be very, very slow.

And yes I know all the reasons why the build queue shouldn't be in multiplayer, I know most of the community feels that way and I agree sort of, (I am a die hard original player from back in 2000 when the game released)  although it could have its own lobby or even just a setting; queues enabled or disabled, maybe,

but, I digress; this is just for personal use with skirmishes. It actually helps you combat the only annoying one up against the high difficulty AI: in the sense that the computers are able to both build and manage units without clicking anything..it evens that playing field at least.

Any ideas on getting it to take less speed drugs? LOL
Cheers

Shai Halud