Dune 2000: GruntMods Edition 1.6.2 R2 - video card supports no modes

wormm

I just downloaded this today and it doesn't seem to be working.  After much searching, I found somebody suggesting the 1.0.6.1 version (~24MB), which opens a game window, but the mouse is off and I cannot move it to every part of the screen so it is not playable.

The very first time I opened the 1.6.2 version, a black screen came up (like this post) and it played sounds but nothing else so I ended up closing that.  After trying to change the screen resolution and other settings I kept getting the message "This video card does not support the required modes.  Please open the Dune 2000 config program and change your resolution."  I did not try every resolution, but I tried many and all give the same error.  I then hit "reset" in the config but that didn't help.  

After uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling I get the same message.  I am on Windows 7 by the way.  Has this been addressed somewhere already?  If you could point me to the right place it would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I just downloaded this today and it doesn't seem to be working.  After much searching, I found somebody suggesting the 1.0.6.1 version (~24MB), which opens a game window, but the mouse is off and I cannot move it to every part of the screen so it is not playable.

The very first time I opened the 1.6.2 version, a black screen came up (like this post) and it played sounds but nothing else so I ended up closing that.  After trying to change the screen resolution and other settings I kept getting the message "This video card does not support the required modes.  Please open the Dune 2000 config program and change your resolution."  I did not try every resolution, but I tried many and all give the same error.  I then hit "reset" in the config but that didn't help.  

After uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling I get the same message.  I am on Windows 7 by the way.  Has this been addressed somewhere already?  If you could point me to the right place it would be appreciated.

Do you maybe have DPI scaling enabled? Set it back to the original setting, 100%

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/443-dpi-display-size-settings-change.html

Same problem here, anyone with any idea how to fix this?

tried almost every configuration on resolution

Thanks in advance, cheers!

What windows do you have?

On 2/6/2016 at 11:25 AM, FunkyFr3sh said:

hi @maros

try to go to your game folder, in there you will find dune2000.exe, right click, propteries, compatibility, enable: 16bit color

Do the same for dune2000-spawn.exe if you like to play online/skirmish games too

thnx it worked. since I installed game after quite long time I have to ask if it is possible to save local multiplayer game I play with AI players. Playing 1.6.1.9 multiplayer game after some 70+ minutes kinda crashed and I wasn't able to finish it. But I managed to make a savegame. I cannot find this savegame via game menu, it just sits in savegame folder, marked as P0.sav having also P0.sav cfg settings. How do I open this savegame pls ? So far looks like it is not possible. thx