[Release] Spacing Guild campaign for Dune 2000

Cm_blast

STORY:
The big Houses had paid to the spacing guild in order to use their services, like transporting units from their own planets into Arrakis. However, some time already passed and a few of these factions still have pending payments. The Spacing guild will go into Arrakis and will make them to paid by force, if necesary.
The Spacing Guild it's not allowed to deploy their own Construction Yard, but they will make use of their upgrade starport (and bending a bit the rules) in order to achieve their two goals... they are not ready to show you which are their second objetive... yet.

THEME:
For this Spacing Guild campaign I tried to make something unique with the Starport and, in general, with the rules of the game. Instead simply giving the player deliveries for free I wanted to do it in a more active way.
This means that in some maps the frigate will arrive much more faster when doing an order, making the prizes to fluctuate more often or even increasing the stocks quickly so the player, as long as have money, can keep doing orders and having big armies with the starport.
Because the story, half of the campaign you won't deploy a Construction Yard but instead using a pre-established base; however, once the second part of the story it's set into motion, the player will have access to a traditional base and, at the same time, other well know rules are going to be altered.

POSIBBLE ERRORS:
Due the kind of Index I used for represent the Spacing Guild, game can show an error after finishing a mission. This doesn't affect the gameplay at all, simply move on into the next mission. The error, if it appears, will show up after the mission succesfull.

SCREENSHOTS:
1793931076_SpacingGuild01.PNG.7cb20895e46233d74f1d1083975ab7cc.PNG
1796337178_SpacingGuild02.PNG.4451662dacd399360b2dc0eb7cbb1af8.PNG
414049387_SpacingGuild03.PNG.66daef4c000755f3ef05d53249dd188e.PNG

FILE:
Spacing Guild.rar

HOW TO INSTALL:
Unzip the file and copy every folder into the root of the game.
Any folders included will go to the path that it is suppose to go.
Do not copy any pgn (screenshots) nor the readme.txt (instructions).

Edited by Cm_blast
  • Upvote 2

I try to play 1st mission. It looks interesting.

These quick reinforcements via Starport just in time before enemy attacks. Not bad.

I like decision with Silos explosion. Perhaps, I have never seen something like this before, in Dune 2000. At least, I don't remember.

I try to play 1st mission. It looks interesting.

These quick reinforcements via Starport just in time before enemy attacks. Not bad.

I like decision with Silos explosion. Perhaps, I have never seen something like this before, in Dune 2000. At least, I don't remember.

In the first mission the player don't have much to do, so I tried to make the reinforcement/enemy waves comes quickly.

And about the silos, I use the "leave" Event. This event is only used in online games. When a human player leaves the game, all this units and buildings explote.

I imitated the Red Alert game, when some buildings explote without the player attacking directly, and because the Klofkac editor let me to use this feature I just wanted to do a level based on it (and is much more visual than making the player berseking/selling buildings).

got errors when  in first mission when enigneers coming in third when i collect 10k and in 6th when mission start

Do you have the latest dune2000.exe from funky?

If you don't have it then some events don't trigger, like the "leave" (first mission), and the "set cash" (third mission).

you can get it here.

http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/26661-dune-2000-106p-game-patching-bug-fixes-new-features/

At least Feda isn't reporting any error so far.

The only error I'm aware is sometimes (at random) when you beat a level the game pop up one error, but because the level is already finished I don't care to much.

Do you have the latest dune2000.exe from funky?

If you don't have it then some events don't trigger, like the "leave" (first mission), and the "set cash" (third mission).

you can get it here.

http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/26661-dune-2000-106p-game-patching-bug-fixes-new-features/

At least Feda isn't reporting any error so far.

The only error I'm aware is sometimes (at random) when you beat a level the game pop up one error, but because the level is already finished I don't care to much.

Yeah I had that end-mission error but it's not such a big deal since you load the next mission from the mission launcher. Didn't have time to play the rest, will do it soon.

• 2 months later...

Mission 8. Player cannot build special units?

He is something like Harkonnen, therefore Devastators could be useful, because there are big battles on this levels. :smile:

This is not advice, I just ask. Maybe I did something wrong.

Edited by Adriano

11 hours ago, Adriano said:

Mission 8. Player cannot build special units?

He is something like Harkonnen, therefore Devastators could be useful, because there are big battles on this levels. :smile:

This is not advice, I just ask. Maybe I did something wrong.

No, you can't build the special unit.

This is because the index I used is a bit tricky: The original Harkonnen use "Harkonnen Construction Yard" Which builds "Harkonnen Heavy Factory" and "Harkonnen Palace". The original Emperor use "Imperial Construction Yard" Which builds "Imperial Heavy Factory" (no devastador) but can't build any Palace.

The weird index I use deploys a "Harkonnen construction Yard" (So palace available) but for some reason builds the "Imperial Heavy Factory". Is weird, but is intended to behave like this.

Even withouth the Devastator you should still can build the Harkonnen Palace and use the "almost no miss Death Missile" to help you beat the level.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I wanted to skip the mission 4. Because it's very hard. I'm tired of trying. Most of your campaigns is very hard. And it's hard to play on normal mode. I don't like to play on easy. But how to play your campaigns on Hard mode? It is completely impossible. If possible I want to see.

I complete the mission 4 on normal mode. But you should create some on normal/medium difficult (your Normal is Hard or Very Hard).

I'm not saying that your campaigns are bad. They are interesting and I enjoy to playing. But they are too Hard for me. War of assassins was a normal difficult (not very hard, everything is possible). I think possible to play on Hard mode. The good news is that not all your missions are hard or very hard. And that's very good. But the all missions I can't complete.

Edited by Dark Wesker

2 hours ago, Dark Wesker said:

War of assassins was a normal difficult (not very hard, everything is possible)

The funny thing is I couldn't beat War of assassins; I loose halfway the campaign.

Mission 8 is the harders of all, so probably you can't beat that neither :P.

updated post:

23 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

The funny thing is I couldn't beat War of assassins; I loose halfway the campaign.

There are harder missions but for me its easier than your. In your campaigns too many enemies forces. Plus too many sandworms.

Mission 8 is the harders of all, so probably you can't beat that neither :P.

Probablybut I'll try.

* The Mission 5 is Easy and the mission 6 and 7 is not very hard, just a bit hard. These are normal missions for normal mode.

you can't beat

But I beat. You warned me and I prepared for it.  I looked at the map and I tried somehow. It's hard if enemies to attack from all sides but it was not. And a bit easy if i can build base. The Mission 8 is a (very) hard. But not enough.

The mission 9 is Very Hard...many enemies, worms + Deviator...small area...just cool. And enemies to attack from all sides.

Edited by Dark Wesker

On 4/8/2017 at 5:39 AM, Dark Wesker said:

updated post:

There are harder missions but for me its easier than your. In your campaigns too many enemies forces. Plus too many sandworms.

Probablybut I'll try.

* The Mission 5 is Easy and the mission 6 and 7 is not very hard, just a bit hard. These are normal missions for normal mode.

But I beat. You warned me and I prepared for it.  I looked at the map and I tried somehow. It's hard if enemies to attack from all sides but it was not. And a bit easy if i can build base. The Mission 8 is a (very) hard. But not enough.

The mission 9 is Very Hard...many enemies, worms + Deviator...small area...just cool. And enemies to attack from all sides.

Good to know you beat my missions.

Mission 8 is the hardest because the enemy is very aggresive. It's heavily based on the Red Alert 2 Soviet campaign, the one which you need to use your nuke to destroy the Kremlin and, like that map, you can't outpush the enemy.

Also, the starport is a big help, buying tanks for 150 credits it's a big deal.