[Release] Dune 2000 Map and Mission Editor v1.2

Klofkac

Hmm, the form is called "Submit a mod", not "Submit an editing tool" or something like this. Shall I use that form anyway? Or you will add a new form/add a new option for tools like editors?

Good catch, the form is for both. I will add an option for submitting a tool in the dropdown, for now pick "other" as the category.

any possible way to make  these fighters controllable   to collect them and  do surgical strike when need ? 3   of them fro AT high tech factory is not much, would be fun to launch more?

I don't know if it's possible. Back in time I toyed a lot with Tibed but didn't get the thopters change at all.

Right now exist a line "NumberOfFremen" that allow to change the number of Fremen appearing when the Atreides Palace is used (but never more than 5). Maybe one day a new line "NumberOfThopters" became available, allowing more/less units.

By the way Klofkac, there is a file called "structures.ini" with the name of the buildings and units (and other things). Changing the name "[barracks]" for another word that word appear in the editor, my question is:

Changing those names (only the name) the editor, the game and the test_options still will work as intended?

Nobody can said anymore that the stactic (placed with the editor) ornithopters are useless. Just look at this madness!

Funny! But I suppose that something changed in the ornithopters values.

Added

I mean, IF to change something in ornithopter values via Tibed, then air strike from Atr Hi-Tech factory possibly can become useless. Just try.

I tested it once some time ago. Ornithopters just fly to target and do nothing :)

Edited by Adriano

Funny! But I suppose that something changed in the ornithopters values.

Added

I mean, IF to change something in ornithopter values via Tibed, then air strike from Atr Hi-Tech factory possibly can become useless. Just try.

I tested it once some time ago. Ornithopters just fly to target and do nothing :)

Just for clarify (if someone is wondering), the video is just using the new Klofkac editor. 

I found Tibed a bit hard to use because sometimes the program do weird things with the game.

The last time (recently) that I used tibed was for my Corrino Campaign. But only to change the prerequisites or the tech needed for some units/buildings. This way the player can train Sardaukar (and only Sardaukar), build the High tech factory and the imperial Palace.

• 3 weeks later...

Cannot get Quick Launch to work, adjusted the path but getting errors about .mis file not found and/or invalid filename

Default paths are weird too, it always seems to append "Data" to the path:

http://imgur.com/yKSKq4D

That does look kind of funky.

On an unrelated note, I emailed you a reply about your mod submission on D2K+ Klofkac, but I haven't got a response.

Cannot get Quick Launch to work, adjusted the path but getting errors about .mis file not found and/or invalid filename

Default paths are weird too, it always seems to append "Data" to the path:

http://imgur.com/yKSKq4D

Ok, I was thinking about your issue and I think I probably know what's going on. Assuming that you tried to open and test a multiplayer map, not a mission.

First of all, D2kEditor does not support testing of multiplayer maps at all, only missions. The main reason is that I was too lazy/didn't want to mess with GUI for setting multiplayer parameters, which can be set in the game's GUI.

Secondly, the editor tries to determine your Dune2000 game folder in two steps. At first, it uses the subfolder of the editor's folder as a game folder - for example if you have the editor in D:\Dune2000\D2kEditor, then the game folder is D:\Dune2000. If this method fails, then the editor determines the game folder according to the first map you open with it - if you open a map inside Missions folder then everything is ok, it uses subfolder of that folder as game folder. But if you first open a map inside Data\Maps folder then the Data folder is used (like in your screenshot).

If both methods fail then you can set up the game folder manually in D2kEditor.ini file. However in GamePath= entry you must specify path with trailing backslash ( \ ) in the end of it otherwise it won't work (that was probably that Invalid Filename problem). I already addressed this issue in HocusEditor where it adds the backslash automatically if user does not specify it, so it can be improved here too.

On an unrelated note, I emailed you a reply about your mod submission on D2K+ Klofkac, but I haven't got a response.

Yes I saw your mail, you wrote something about including README file. I didn't have time to look into it yet. I was thinking about creating some documentation (a document with screenshots describing all the editor's features with instructions, like how to set up events) but didn't start it yet. Maybe someone could help me a bit with this?

Also in the existing download page of an older version of the editor on D2K+ there is a feature list briefly describing all the editor's features. Would it be enough if you put this list on the new download page (refined with new features, of course)? I will provide this feature list also for TileAtr Editor (I already posted one in this forum when I asked you for uploading it) and screenshots as well.

Do I understand correctly that screenshots should be included in the zip package with the programs? I think it has not much sense because screenshots can be seen on the download page.

Yes I saw your mail, you wrote something about including README file. I didn't have time to look into it yet. I was thinking about creating some documentation (a document with screenshots describing all the editor's features with instructions, like how to set up events) but didn't start it yet. Maybe someone could help me a bit with this?

Also in the existing download page of an older version of the editor on D2K+ there is a feature list briefly describing all the editor's features. Would it be enough if you put this list on the new download page (refined with new features, of course)? I will provide this feature list also for TileAtr Editor (I already posted one in this forum when I asked you for uploading it) and screenshots as well.

Yes it would be ok to use that description with updates for the new features. I made some documentation for the old tools but haven't released any because it was made obsolete with your new editing kit.

Do I understand correctly that screenshots should be included in the zip package with the programs? I think it has not much sense because screenshots can be seen on the download page.

Yes because that is where I get the images for the download page from. It also helps if they download the mod/tool and don't use it for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it would be ok to use that description with updates for the new features. I made some documentation for the old tools but haven't released any because it was made obsolete with your new editing kit.

Yes because that is where I get the images for the download page from. It also helps if they download the mod/tool and don't use it for a while.

I finally made the updates in tool descriptions and also made screenshots. You've got email from me.

Looking forward to see your documentation too.

• 2 months later...

I found something odd about the line "morale attack building". I wrote 50 (Atreides level 8/9 original map have some Ias with that number), so ok, I try the level.

the first attack was set to 17 min, and any every other attack at 7 minutes. Well, more than 30 minutes in the game, and the IA just build and build, but never attack (At the end he attacks, but at 50 minute mark or so).

So, I prepare another test-map with an Ia set to attack at 13 min, and every 6,5 min, unit build rate to 1 and attack morale to 1. After 40 minutes or even more...

lot more.PNG

You can tell the IA (with those numbers) never attacked before. The oupost don't show any path to Atreides. I don't know how time passed. I let the game play and I went to do another thing.

And finally, I send one of his own troopers to attack a harverster, the IA react like mad xD.

just 2 hit.PNG

what a madness.

Edited by Cm_blast
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Adriano said:

IA (enemy) here is Harkonnen, you are Atreides. Right?

Both have an IA controlling them.

Yyou can set the editor to play as Harkonnen and at the same time they are being controlled by an IA. You can see what he builds, upgrade and everything he does. You can cancel the unit the enemy try to build and move his units, although only one by one like Dune 2.

So, I take control of one simple Trooper and use it to attack his own harvester. Here is when Harkonnen when really mad.

3 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

So, I take control of one simple Trooper and use it to attack his own harvester. Here is when Harkonnen when really mad.

Your picture looks impressive! :smile:

Excuse me for my misunderstanding... I am afraid, I ask ones more.

Harkonnen Trooper attacks Harkonnen Harvester near Harkonnen base. And then Harkonnen forces make BIG mad attack to Atreides base. Right?