Why 2 folders for missions maps?

Adriano

There are several folders for maps in Dune 2000 now.

------------

New Dune 2000

Missions maps:
1) \Dune 2000\missions - can be edited
2) \Dune 2000\data\Missions - no sense to edit

Practice maps:
1) Dune 2000\Maps - empty folder
2) \Dune 2000\data\maps - can be edited

------------

Old original Dune 2000 -- only 2 folders

\Dune 2000\Missions - maps for missions
\Dune 2000\Data\Maps - maps for practice

------------

It is interesting, these new folders in new version of Dune 2000 -- what for? Just back up? Reserve copy? (when map changed in editor program, we have original file everytime, for example)
Or something else?

:) I mean Gruntmod Edition.

Perhaps, \Dune 2000\Missions ?

original game using Dune2000\data\Missions or maps, i dont know whats in grutmod dune but i know its bad edition many players calling me on cncnet they have problems with this and i sending them my version wich one made with original dune files, added all optional files and removed all not useful files like other cncnet games online instalers and always when i send players my version they not get problems anymore and all thanksful, you can download my version here there is also optional files by funky or download this files here if you already have dune you can just update it easy  :)

original game using Dune2000\data\Missions or maps, i dont know whats in grutmod dune but i know its bad edition many players calling me on cncnet they have problems with this and i sending them my version wich one made with original dune files, added all optional files and removed all not useful files like other cncnet games online instalers and always when i send players my version they not get problems anymore and all thanksful, you can download my version here there is also optional files by funky or download this files here if you already have dune you can just update it easy  :)

And yet I still get many emails thanking me for the extra content and for making the game freely available through high speed dedicated downloads. You are more then  welcome to your opinion but your version is very bare bones, I could easily just throw all the core game files in a zip with CnCNet and call it a day.

If I try to change maps in new folder \Dune 2000\data\Missions, then are there any changes in game?

As for the extra maps folder, it shouldn't be there anymore, originally it was how the no CD patch worked, but it hasn't been required for a while. If you have the latest update the game doesn't even read from that folder anymore.

• Upvote 1

I never had any issues with the GruntMods edition, it works like a charm, and also adds the mission selector + mission editors. The GruntMods version is good, if players have issues with it it could be that they screw something up, don't blame the game installation.

And yet I still get many emails thanking me for the extra content and for making the game freely available through high speed dedicated downloads. You are more then  welcome to your opinion but your version is very bare bones, I could easily just throw all the core game files in a zip with CnCNet and call it a day.

As for the extra maps folder, it shouldn't be there anymore, originally it was how the no CD patch worked, but it hasn't been required for a while. If you have the latest update the game doesn't even read from that folder anymore.

you need join in cncnet and see what dune community says 50% have problem but for you better be happy of some mail messages

Please let us not argue about this. I prefer/use a RIP of the game as I tend to use portable stuff (to avoid installing and burdening the crapware called Windows). But I also have GruntMod's one in one of my Windows installations.

i agree and almost all old players have dune CD or portable version, before we all used it and very easy update it just download optional files by funky paste in game folder and no problems evrything will works fine and i think much better when you duing all

• Upvote 1

you need join in cncnet and see what dune community says 50% have problem but for you better be happy of some mail messages

The majority of players never connect to CnCNet, multiplayer is a small niche of the overall community. I'm also well aware people are having problems with Windows 10, but it's not isolated to the GruntMods edition.

At the end of the day, personal preference is what it comes down to. Some people prefer to do things manually, others like automation.

The majority of players never connect to CnCNet, multiplayer is a small niche of the overall community. I'm also well aware people are having problems with Windows 10, but it's not isolated to the GruntMods edition.

At the end of the day, personal preference is what it comes down to. Some people prefer to do things manually, others like automation.

you dont know about what ar you talking cuz you not playng on cncnet we have dune matches evryday 10-30 player online and this guys need good version of dune i not care they download my version or not i just want players can play with us and your version making crashes players said it to me and you without arguments talking here its funny  :D but i not care do what you want, in cncnet community we have fun and good versions of game  :)  

And you can have multiple folders  of a game/program as well, of different versions/configurations.

well my dune instaler works as other cncnet games online instalers (TD, RA1, TS by funky) its extracting folders where you want and you can have multiple folders its better and more smarter i think