Lynch's Dune is better than the mini

Duke_Alex_Atreides

for the first time this weekend i watched the new dune mini and it sucked, 'cause it doesn't follow the book at all, for instance in the book chani asked paul, "tell me of the waters of thy birthworld, Usul" and in the mini she askes "tell me of the waters of thy birthworldm Muad'Dib", your views please.  

Yes, although the miniseries went into deeper detail than Lynch's could have ever done, Lynch's Dune is a lot more...Artistic, if you will. Niether Dune was completely accurate, house colors and clothing for the Mini, physical descriptions, etc.  And of course the hated Wierding devices in Lynch's version.  But above all I'v got to say I really appreciate both.  Too bad Lynch can't team up with the creators of the mini and make a movie that we *all* could appreciate ;)

The mini-series by Harrison is made out of plastic Lynch's version is carved out of stone. I prefer Lynch because as G_H said of the atmosphere due to Lynch's vision. There is an element in Harrison's version for me that is not found although he does give certain visuals on things that Lynch did not explore in his version i.e. the drowning of the worm to obtain the water of life and more of the life of the Fremen (inside the community). I think Lynch was closer to the look of the book (minus the Guild navigator and the Sardukar representations). We all understand that Lynch's movie does not follow the story complete (weirding modules not included) but Lynch's version just has something that the mini-series does not for me.

Tee good thing with mini is that they made almost whole part about sietch and the war between Harkonnen/Sardaukar/Fremen. In Lynch Dune is only mentioned about war and love between Chani and Paul. But Lynch made thing more duney, Bene Gesserit are more misterious and in book they are mistery cos they are invisible power. And at the begining Paul in Lynch is more like Paul in book.