Cutscenes not working.

Luskanus

Hi, I'm currently running Windows 10, and while the game works fine; I downloaded and enabled cutscenes, but they won't play. Please help! The cutscenes are part of what makes this game so freaking epic!!

You ran the cutscene installer and enabled cutscenes in the settings? What happens?

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, I'm currently running Windows 10, and while the game works fine; I downloaded and enabled cutscenes, but they won't play. Please help! The cutscenes are part of what makes this game so freaking epic!!

Hello I've just created an account to share this:

I had the same problems as you, but after setting the language to Eng it worked:

boz3Nuw.png

I hope it will help others...

Found the problem, the movies were supposed to be inside data\movies\ in the original game, but in the gruntmods downloads the movies are inside movies\, that makes it glitch

Will forward it to gruntlord so he can fix it on the next update

Nice to hear :)

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/30/2020 at 3:44 PM, GB_Atis said:

Hi. I have the same problem as many people before. The cinematics/cutscenes won't playing. I tried many options on/off etc. many variations and still not working. Any other idea? Pls help!

Okey I found out the solution: Basiclly the installer download and setup the cutscenes. If you have a look into the library the installer really downloaded the cutscenes but the file sizes are zeros. So need to mount the original disc images or put the disc in optical drive and copy the content pf movie folder to the Dune2000 Gruntsmod/movies folder and rewrite the fake files.

1. Install the gruntsmod edition

2. let the installer download and setup the cutscenes/cinematic files (it will download fake files with zero sizes)

3. mount the original disc image file (with daemon tools for example)

4. copy content of the "ISObin:\movies" folder to XY:\Gruntmods Studios\Dune 2000\movies (rewrite all)

5. play with cutscenes at now!

• 2 months later...

If you installed your Gruntmods edition and cutscenes doesn't play (doesn't ever appear).
Then, guys, here is the solution. You might want to give it a try.
First, you can get cutscenes by visiting https://gruntmods.com/cutscenes-and-extra-content/
After exe is complete, go to C:\Users\...\Gruntmods Studios\Dune 2000\movies
Copy files from C:\...\Dune 2000\movies to C:\...\Dune 2000\data\Movies
Within the config settings (launcher) set language to eng, and try checkboxes.
My config works well for me:
>Resolutin 640x400
>Renderer: DirectDraw
>Movies enabled yes
>Sounds enabled yes
>Force No-CD yes
>Language: eng
>Single Processor Affinity yes
>Disable Max Windowed Mode yes

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I hit the same problem, and in my case the file sizes in the movies directory were also zero.

I tried to download a standalone cutscene installer and it seems like the "Direct Download" option is disabled (requires login, but AFAIK you can't sign in to gruntmods). I tried reinstalling the game, and noticed that the installer enters "download cutscenes" stage and quickly exits - most likely it also fails to contact the server and just gives up on the cutscene installation.

So, I instead installed cutscenes through the "Torrent Download" option - and voila, everything works!

On 7/4/2023 at 2:49 AM, rburny said:

I hit the same problem, and in my case the file sizes in the movies directory were also zero.

I tried to download a standalone cutscene installer and it seems like the "Direct Download" option is disabled (requires login, but AFAIK you can't sign in to gruntmods). I tried reinstalling the game, and noticed that the installer enters "download cutscenes" stage and quickly exits - most likely it also fails to contact the server and just gives up on the cutscene installation.

So, I instead installed cutscenes through the "Torrent Download" option - and voila, everything works!

My apologies, some bot protection on the server triggered that. I've fixed the issue and the direct download should function correctly.