Video card doesn't support required mode

SMthegamer

Hello,

I've been playing the Gruntmod version of Dune 2000 for a while now with ni problems, but I finally decided to update it and now I get this error message every time.

I know there's plenty of posts about it and even after going through everything in the config, using the ini to add RunIWindow=Yes, checking the manual, checkinh my compatibility settings, doing multiple clean reinstalls, and offering my soul to the Baron, I still can't run anything other than game setup for a Skirmish (but then can't run the game I just setup :/ )

Any insight as to what the problem could be is greatly appreciated.

I'm on Windows 10, no compatibility settings are active, I've gone through every config option and even did the ini.

Also since I made an account just for this post I might as well ask; why did you do away with the Main menu? replacing it with a launcher was one of the worst changes I've ever seen, please bring it back.

Try to rename your game folder, this seems to solve the problems for the most players

Note: You cannot use the gruntmods game launcher anymore after that since it is not portable, so make a shortcut for dune2000.exe/cncnet5.exe etc on your desktop

I don't think the main menu was removed, the MissionLauncher is just for extra missions made by the community. Original missions are still working the way they should

• Upvote 1

Ok the folder renaming worked, not sure why I couldn't find any of those posts when I was trying to DIY it :/

As for the main menu as far as I can tell it's inly accessible if you launch the game and then back out e.g. launch mission select (Atreides/Harkonnen/Ordos/Mercenaries) and instead of choosing one you click the back button in the top left.

Other than that I can't find a .exe to do the classic eyes staring with the atmospheric music leading into a smooth menu fade in.

Since this topic was for the video card stuff feel free to close it, my next one will be about the horrible effects of Alt+Tab :)

Ok the folder renaming worked, not sure why I couldn't find any of those posts when I was trying to DIY it :/

As for the main menu as far as I can tell it's inly accessible if you launch the game and then back out e.g. launch mission select (Atreides/Harkonnen/Ordos/Mercenaries) and instead of choosing one you click the back button in the top left.

Other than that I can't find a .exe to do the classic eyes staring with the atmospheric music leading into a smooth menu fade in.

Since this topic was for the video card stuff feel free to close it, my next one will be about the horrible effects of Alt+Tab :)

You need the cutscenes installed to see the intro video. I don't include it by default since it is 4 times the size of the base game.

https://www.gruntmods.com/Projects/Downloads/Dune_2000/Dune_2000_Gruntmods_Edition_Cutscenes.exe

• 2 months later...

I also have the dual problem. I have a 970GTX and it fails to load with the error video card doesn't support the required mode. Renaming the folder gets the game to load but the video's do not load anymore. Trying to reinstall the video's adds them to the original folder name only. Prior to the update everything worked fine. I guess I will jus have to reinstall the old one as I need the story intact.