[Release] New dune 2000 Tilesets

Dato

finally after much work  Tiberian Dawn tilesets for Dune 2000 ready 
now i making maps  :D
thanks all who supported this project and all who like it  :)

TD_1.jpg

TD_2.jpg

TD_4.jpg

i updated  tilesets  changed contrast and brightness now looks better i think

download all tilesets (TD, RA, Snow) here

• Upvote 2

Thanks. There is a mismatch of contrast and brightness though. Maybe increase contrast (and brightness) in Tiberian ones?

yeah its possible but i keep this like original ones i know dune builds and units graphic made for dune 2000 tilesets but its ok and now some fire effects looks more funny i think  :D  but original dune tilesets best for dune i think i make it for fun more options always more fun  :) 

thanks  for replay i chnaged contrast and brightness i think now really looks better 

Edited by dato 2000
  • Upvote 1

well first i making multiplayer maps for cncnet online/skirmish but here can be many ideas not only other planets. in movie dune when paul atreides come to emperor and kill his army then comes rains and in idea planet arrakis get water and will be green so we can make missions like after long time when planet changed and looks like planet caladan no desert and spice anymore on this planet we got new resources tiberium and we can mix story of C&C in dune and now on this planet will be fight for tiberium. we can make story like GDI are descendants of atreides, fremens and NOD of harkonnens, corrino  and make new mission with new mix story  :D  ideas can be many  :D

• 2 weeks later...

now tileset available on cncnet i made few new maps and coops 

To create new maps using his tileset get the following add-on for your D2kEditor:

http://funkyfr3sh.cn...or-Tilesets.zip

Great work! Now we can make maps that look like Red Alert in Dune 2000.

I tried to make some map with it, but definitely not all tiles from the original Red Alert tileset are in it, so some blocks were missing and I was not able to create a continuous terrain. But I think that you could use up more of the tileset space available for more different tiles.

I found that there are some repetitive blocks. But most importantly, you can probably fill the upper part of tileset, which is now just clean ground (originally sand and dunes in D2k) with different tiles. As far as I know, some tiles are "fixed" by the game engine (like spice tiles, concrete tiles, buildable tiles) which you cannot move/reduce, but I think that the tiles in the upper part are not fixed.

I'm now working on better support for custom tilesets in D2kEditor - for example the tiles for "sand", "rock" and "dunes" will no longer be hardcoded but will be configurable via tileset attributes.

Btw where could I get the original Red Alert tilesets? I mean the one from which you made BLOXTD. Thank for you help.

• Upvote 1

So I tried to re-create BLOXTD and here is the result: http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/JA9FQ9gr/file.html

Basically I managed to use every tile from the tileset and pick some tiles from every group (Ridges, Shore, River, Road etc.), so that the tileset should be well-usable. However it's still not flawless, the biggest problem is that the tile size in RA is 24 but in d2k it is 32 and resizing the tileset to 32 pixels makes it look bad.

How do you like it? Can it be done even better?

Great work! Now we can make maps that look like Red Alert in Dune 2000.

I tried to make some map with it, but definitely not all tiles from the original Red Alert tileset are in it, so some blocks were missing and I was not able to create a continuous terrain. But I think that you could use up more of the tileset space available for more different tiles.

I found that there are some repetitive blocks. But most importantly, you can probably fill the upper part of tileset, which is now just clean ground (originally sand and dunes in D2k) with different tiles. As far as I know, some tiles are "fixed" by the game engine (like spice tiles, concrete tiles, buildable tiles) which you cannot move/reduce, but I think that the tiles in the upper part are not fixed.

I'm now working on better support for custom tilesets in D2kEditor - for example the tiles for "sand", "rock" and "dunes" will no longer be hardcoded but will be configurable via tileset attributes.

Btw where could I get the original Red Alert tilesets? I mean the one from which you made BLOXTD. Thank for you help.

thanks, its tiberian dwon tileset not red alert they alsmot same just red alert get more tiles its also more in tiberian down than i added in dune cuz in dune less tiles and i cant add more. you can check my maps crated with BLOXTD tileset like this one: tiberian power they also available on cncnet i know its not perfect, some tiles missed but anyway possible create maps. if possible some updates for tileset editor will be cool also d2keditor updates will be cool  :)  i like your stuffs. you can find red alert tileset in temperat.mix file

So I tried to re-create BLOXTD and here is the result: http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/JA9FQ9gr/file.html

Basically I managed to use every tile from the tileset and pick some tiles from every group (Ridges, Shore, River, Road etc.), so that the tileset should be well-usable. However it's still not flawless, the biggest problem is that the tile size in RA is 24 but in d2k it is 32 and resizing the tileset to 32 pixels makes it look bad.

How do you like it? Can it be done even better?

yeah i like it we can keep it as red alert (BLOXRA) tileset now good job  :)