Dune 2000 on Windows 10?

Atraydeez

I really just want to play this game again, but i'm not willing to go through the hassle of installing and learning about Virtual Machines etc. I've tried finding my old CD but it's lost somewhere in the depths of my closet bins. I've tried looking for working ISO's to no avail. I've tried GruntMods, checking and unchecking nearly all settings to try to get it to work. I've tried running it on multiple compatibility modes. Still even through all of this, no avail. If anyone has anything to recommend that'd be sweet. 

I've been able to get into the first cutscene but I get hardcore flickering of a black screen, which is pretty much unenjoyable to play on. Here are my system specs:

i7 4970k @ 4.0

980ti gtx

32gb system memory

asus vg28qe

If you need more information I can provide it.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Me and my son wanted to try this old goldie, but i can't get it to work anymore after we changed to Windows 10 Pro 64bit :(

Everything seem fine and the menu show up as it is supposed to but when i click anything, it minimizes and i get thrown out to windows.

When i click the game to get back in it shows me this picture: 2rzz2nb.jpg

http://sv.tinypic.com/r/2rzz2nb/9

I hope you can see it, :(

And whatever i do thereafter i get thrown out in windows again..

Geforce GTX 1070

Any help would be apreciated <3

• 4 weeks later...

I'm, having some issues with Win 10 also . Downloaded the 10 patch ,  the game will still freeze randomly. Also , updates won't go through , won't connect to the Grunt server . Also , if I come out of a standby mode, or if I minize the screen, it comes back as the previous post above

• 3 months later...

Hey FunkeyFr3sh, I thought I should show you and Gruntlord this error:

Line: 2

Char: 209

Error: Object doesn't support properly or method 'addEventListener'

Code: 0

URL: https://gruntmods.com/wp-content/plugins/page-links-to/js/new-tab.min.js?ver=3.0.0-beta.1

Something about this is preventing me from playing the game, so I could use a little help.

@sgt_gh0st and @Sparbolt

I just released an updated that should fix all the issues you two mentioned, see here https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/26661-dune-2000-106p-game-patching-bug-fixes-new-features/?do=findComment&amp;comment=395971

@Techstorm 

Sorry I can't help with that one, it's an issue with gruntlords launcher so you'll have to wait for him to respond.

Edited by FunkyFr3sh

• 4 weeks later...