[Release] Dune 2000 Map and Mission Editor v1.0

Klofkac

Kloflac thank you so much for your hard work. This editor is exellent! Its nice to have an all-in-one program. Its simple and easy and your AI updated allocations are excellent!

You can use the UITableEditor to browse samples.uib, you can see the numbers and the filenames in there. XCC Mixer can play the .aud files, but I think some samples are not .aud files or hidden somewhere. http://xhp.xwis.net/

• 3 weeks later...

If I was to enable AI for more sides, 2 or 3, and I added 7 AIs in the lobby would the Computer players still only use the Atreides AI or would it pick the AI it uses randomly?

I actually never tested this but thought about it. I have a strong feeling that the AI only uses the first side (0).

I was toying With the editor + ini files, trying to figure if it's possible to make the Starport never increasing the number of units and making it you can never ordering anything, even from the beggining... things like that.

I could make the game never increasing the units you can purchase (increasedelay=-1) and almost making the starport no offering units from start (half the time at least offers 1 unit, sometimes 2).

I was wondering if it's possible to make the starport giving a fixed discount, for example, making all the units cost 60% of their valor, but I think is not possible (at least for now with the current mission editor). The curious thing with a =-500 valor you can purchase a Tank costing -800$, getting 800 more credits for you.

What is the maximun (number) I can write?

For example, making the sandworm never wake up after being "killed".

Sandwormshotsleep = 9.999.999 What is the limit?

Also, a question. The Deathand value is 3 by default. This is the regular accuracy or is the 100% perfect accuracy?

You know increasing/decreasing this number what will do?

I can find helpful the "Harversterdrivedistance" line. For example in my Dune 2 mod campaign. There isn't any rift in those maps, so making the Harversters going farther by themselves instead the long wait of the carryall could help a lot the IA (and players). The same for repair vehicles.

By the way, Maximun Fremen per "ready" is 5. If you try to write 6 the game will broke.
  • Upvote 1

Death hand accuracy 3 is the default. The most accurate one is at 0 (1 is about 99% accurate, rarely misses - one in a million chances-).

Max fremen is 5 because that's the maximum number on infantry that can be on a cell at the same time.

• Upvote 2

Death hand accuracy 3 is the default. The most accurate one is at 0 (1 is about 99% accurate, rarely misses - one in a million chances-).

Max fremen is 5 because that's the maximum number on infantry that can be on a cell at the same time.

Thanks. I remember you talking about making the Death Hand accurary for online games, so I wasn't sure if 3 was the "miss" or the "no miss".

How the IA behave with a 100% accuracy Death Hand? He aim bad on purpose like when he use the airstrike?

Yes, i noticed it. Ironically making the nuke accurate makes the AI miss almost everytime. They were taught to use it based on it being inaccurate :D

I think was on purpose because The Atreides is going to use the Airstrike as soon as he can. By the first time they use it the player barely have missile tanks/turrets. Maybe Westwood though allowing the Atr destroying your refinery/heavy factory/2 wintraps without any chance to fight back was too opresive.

I guess they use the same behaviour for the Deathand, and because the Deathand being inacurate it actually can land you.

I think was on purpose because The Atreides is going to use the Airstrike as soon as he can. By the first time they use it the player barely have missile tanks/turrets. Maybe Westwood though allowing the Atr destroying your refinery/heavy factory/2 wintraps without any chance to fight back was too opresive.

I guess they use the same behaviour for the Deathand, and because the Deathand being inacurate it actually can land you.

Yep. Also they made it so all AI players target nukes and airstrikes only at humans, and with accurate airstrikes that would be hell

I been toying a bit more with "weird events". This time with the "set cash".

In the old mission editor the Cash is only to trigger the mission win, but now is possible to do weird things.

You can start a level with no money, and then giving the player 2000 credits after 10 secs.

If you set to give 3000 créditos at 20 sec marks, the money doens't increase 3000 more, only 3000.

I even did a test with a mark of 15.000 credits every 20 seconds. Building after building after tank after upgrade and every 20 seconds my money goes to 15.000.

But beware. After some mins the game crash and some error appears. Maybe a % timer is not possible, but creating a map like "take this 3000 credits, buy tanks, destroy a very small enemy base, now you recieve 8.000 credits, build much more tanks and destroy the big enemy base". (this way you can give the player money for doing a first task instead making a IA harvesting and capturing the silo).

Or... the opposite way. I remember a campaign... The ixians I think.

If you get 5.000 credits the Mercs there goes ally with you. Now is possible creating a event so to say "if you want an ally with the mercs, paid them 5000 credits)". When the player reach 5.000 you can trigger to goes to 0 and the Mercs being ally with you.

• 3 weeks later...

I just tried to do today a small map, using only this editor and not using the old anymore. The "add run-once flag" is a great thing. Is much more quickly than creating "Dummy Conditions" with the old editor. I barely need to worry about number or True/false because this editor is doing it for me.

So far I create a chained reaction with the "leave" event type:

"leave - Atreides".

When "Atreides no base" then "leave - Ordos" (and a message appearing only once)

When "Ordos no base" then "leave - Fremen" (same)

3 clicks justo to create this chain, and really works fine.

Klofkac, I found something with the "Go to map" feature, don't know if you already know it:

The "Go to map" to select a X/Y position only works if the valor is set to 0.

If you already choose one square (and apply), or you write manually a valor for X/Y the "Go to map" just close the "Events and Conditions" window (or is going behind).

Klofkac, I found something with the "Go to map" feature, don't know if you already know it:

The "Go to map" to select a X/Y position only works if the valor is set to 0.

If you already choose one square (and apply), or you write manually a valor for X/Y the "Go to map" just close the "Events and Conditions" window (or is going behind).

This is actually intentional. The first time you click Go to map (that's when the position is 0/0) it lets you click into map and set the position directly, but once the position is set (is non-zero) it will just center your screen on the event marker (and you can drag and move it or doubleclick on it to open the event window again). It can be useful when you need to seek to that event posiiton (and not to re-set it).

This is actually intentional. The first time you click Go to map (that's when the position is 0/0) it lets you click into map and set the position directly, but once the position is set (is non-zero) it will just center your screen on the event marker (and you can drag and move it or doubleclick on it to open the event window again). It can be useful when you need to seek to that event posiiton (and not to re-set it).

I see. Makes sense.

Now another thing with the briefing.

If I write a Briefing like this.

post-58652-0-15629400-1444778403_thumb.p

Save the map, then go to the launcher and the briefing is showed like this.

post-58652-0-92971000-1444778471_thumb.p

Seems like he is counting that as a newline instead all in the same when the writing reach the visual limit.

--> post-58652-0-78323000-1444778478_thumb.p <--

the .ini file have this line.

Briefing=First Paragraph all in one line one line one line one line one line one line one line _one line one line one line__Second Para bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla all should _be together bla bla bla.

If I fix manually deleting the "_" characters ("_one" and "_be") and save the .ini, the launcher show it fine; but as soon as I open your editor and save the map (without opening the "mission settings" window) the .ini file is changed again to "_one" and "_be".

I don't know if this happen to more people or only me.

I see. Makes sense.

Now another thing with the briefing.

If I write a Briefing like this.

attachicon.gif01.PNG

Save the map, then go to the launcher and the briefing is showed like this.

attachicon.gif02.PNG

Seems like he is counting that as a newline instead all in the same when the writing reach the visual limit.

--> attachicon.gif03.PNG <--

the .ini file have this line.

Briefing=First Paragraph all in one line one line one line one line one line one line one line _one line one line one line__Second Para bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla all should _be together bla bla bla.

If I fix manually deleting the "_" characters ("_one" and "_be") and save the .ini, the launcher show it fine; but as soon as I open your editor and save the map (without opening the "mission settings" window) the .ini file is changed again to "_one" and "_be".

I don't know if this happen to more people or only me.

Ah, this is definitely a bug. Thanks for your report. This seems to be a quirk in the behavior of Text edit component in Delphi, it interprets the long line which is visually broken to more lines as separate lines, which does not make sense of course. I will try to fix it in the next release.

• 5 months later...