[Release] Dune 2000 Map and Mission Editor v1.0

Klofkac

Extension of Dune2000 maps is .map.

It is interesting to know, what is extension .sh ? In Shai-Hulud Editor by default.

Well, I always wondered why the hell Shai-hulud came up with its own map format, which is compatible only with Shai-Hulud itself. Dune 2000 map format is the simplest map format in the world (it's just 2D array of values) so there is absolutely no reason to make an alternative format.

Well, I always wondered why the hell Shai-hulud came up with its own map format, which is compatible only with Shai-Hulud itself. Dune 2000 map format is the simplest map format in the world (it's just 2D array of values) so there is absolutely no reason to make an alternative format.

Does anyone know what the file structure for them is like anyway? I can't install it on my computer so I can't check. 

OK, so I finally wrote up some new and better description for the Editor download page on d2k+ website. So you can finally update it and add v1.0 for download. And please rename it to Map and Mission Editor. You could also upload up-to date screenshots, you can include mission/events editor screenshot as well.

I will probably write some text for News post as well. Feel free to tell me or correct any grammar mistakes.

Dune 2000 Map editor for both Campaign and Multiplayer maps as well as Mission (.mis file) editor.
The editor provides many useful features which can significantly help you and speed up the mapping.

Feature set (map editor - general):
* You can edit terrain as well as place structures (buildings and units) on map.
* Tileset is auto-detected from .mis file. You can also use custom tilesets.
* Resize map, Shift map, Change structure owner feature
* Save map as image feature
* Show Grid, Mark impassable tiles, Show unknown specials feature
* Show event markers feature: Events (like Reinforcements) are marked on map
* Use allocation indexes feature
* Power calculation and statistics about worm spawners, multiplayer starts and spice blooms
* Checking for map errors (like missing worm spawners)
* Test map feature (supported by FunkyFr3sh's Dune 2000 Patch)

Feature set (map editor - map editing):
* Paint sand/rock/dunes with custom brush size up to 4*4
* Place Tile blocks of custom size. You select blocks directly from tileset.
* Select mode: You can select any area from map and copy it to another place or event another map.
* Fill area feature: You can fill an enclosed area with sand, rock, dunes or spice.
* Smooth rock/dunes edge feature: The editor can automatically turn the bordering tiles of rock or dunes area you paint into correct rock-sand or dunes-sand transition tiles just with one click.
* Undo/Redo feature
* Copy/Paste feature: You can transfer selected map block into other map via clipboard.
* Lot of keyboard shortcuts to save your clicks
* Block key-presets: You can press a key on keyboard to instantly select particular "cliff" or "border" block. This makes creating of cliffs much easier and faster.

Feature set (mission editor):
* Two dialogs: Mission properties (like tech levels, starting money, AI) and Events and conditions
* Support for map .ini file features (supported by FunkyFr3sh's Dune 2000 Patch and Mission launcher)
* AI editor (all known AI values)
* Event editor provides detailed tabular overview of events and their conditions
* Events can be easily manipulated (move up/down, insert, delete, duplicate event etc.)
* Create common events feature: You can quickly create events like Harvester replacement
* Event and condition notes. You can add name to a flag.
* Custom Messages
* Setting reinforcement (and other events) position by clicking into map or moving event markers in map editor
* Lot of keyboard shortcuts

I'm not sure if it is a bug or whatever, but sometimes in the mission events editor I don't get a deploy action option for the starport delivery.

It's not a bug. Starport Delivery event does not support Deploy Action at all, so I did not provide this setting to that event. However mvi's Mission editor provides it, but setting it to any value won't affect the behavior of delivered units.

So here is the current version of D2kEditor, with all changes as I listed several posts ago.

D2kEditorv10post.zip

For "Play Sound" event you must set a sound number, for "Play Music" you set music name, like "HARK_BAT.AUD".

There are keyboard shortcuts for setting events/conditions faster: use letters to select event/condition type and numbers on numeric keyboard (0-7) to select player. For example R is Reinforcement, D is Starport Delivery, A is Allegiance and so on. For more look at https://github.com/jkoncick/D2kEditor/blob/master/event_dialog.pasline 1342, I'm too lazy to write it here.

I believe it had something to do with map activation for skirmish (was adding the entries to text.uib ONLY if u saved it with the .sh extension, otherwise it wouldnt activate the map)

Based on the authors documentation, they initially planned to support multiple games.

Based on the authors documentation, they initially planned to support multiple games.

Oh wow, k

Btw sry for off-topic, but gruntlord could you please add War of Assassins along with the mission launcher and other patches on d2k+? Like a direct download link to funky's site.

Umm in the latest version we can't move the reinforcement/map reveal etc. markers on the map by dragging the marker anymore? To change the coordinates. It was a really handy thing to have, much easier than going in the event window to change them by hand.

Nvm lol, seems it works again now. Was weird, it didnt for a while

Umm in the latest version we can't move the reinforcement/map reveal etc. markers on the map by dragging the marker anymore? To change the coordinates. It was a really handy thing to have, much easier than going in the event window to change them by hand.

Nvm lol, seems it works again now. Was weird, it didnt for a while

Hmm strange, this must be a bug. It works for me without problem. If you could reproduce it again you could tell me what exactly you did.

Oh and maybe you did not know, but you can move the markers (and doubleclick them) only in Structures mode (It's so that you can draw terrain under them). Maybe you were trying to move them in Terrain mode.

Didn't see your post, I'll put this on D2K+

That would be great if you could post the latest editor on D2K+ website.

Here are some instructions what you do:

- Download the zip from the first post

- Unzip it

- Download the latest version from http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/27031-release-dune-2000-map-and-mission-editor-v10/page-2#entry390935

- Unzip it and copy the .exe to where you unzipped the first package (replacing the .exe)

- Zip all again and upload to D2K+

- Replace all the text on the download page by the new description I posted here: http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/27031-release-dune-2000-map-and-mission-editor-v10/page-2#entry390895

- Rename "Campaign Map Editor" to "Map and Mission Editor"

- If you can, please make new screenshots (as I described in that post)

Thanks a lot!

Hmm strange, this must be a bug. It works for me without problem. If you could reproduce it again you could tell me what exactly you did.

Oh and maybe you did not know, but you can move the markers (and doubleclick them) only in Structures mode (It's so that you can draw terrain under them). Maybe you were trying to move them in Terrain mode.

Yeah I must have probably been under "terrain" tab. Sorry

I made the news post and the changes to the download page you requested.

Great, thanks! Could you please upload also Tileset Attributes Editor? And the screenshot on the Editor download page is too much big and causes the page to spread out of the bounds, could you please resize it so it is as big as in the news post?

Great, thanks! Could you please upload also Tileset Attributes Editor? And the screenshot on the Editor download page is too much big and causes the page to spread out of the bounds, could you please resize it so it is as big as in the news post?

Sure, just do a writeup and I'll make the page.