[Release] Mini campaign - Smugglers

Cm_blast

Updated:

Hi, it's me again with a new mod. Using all the improvements with the launcher by Funky I decided to make the very first campaign using the real smugglers (instead Ordos as smugglers), and working with the ini files and that kind of stuff.

I was thinking what kind of campaign can be done with this guys. There are at least 2 or 3 campaigns as smugglers over there, but I wanted to create a new one and make the player feel like you are playing as a true smuggler faction.

So, Who are the Smugglers?

Looking into the game, the smugglers are there as neutral, harvesting without caring about fights. Most the time they only have a refinery and barracks... and by the time they have a starport the player must stole it, so the smugglers are weak. they don't have a chance to survive against the raw power of any house (even the Mercs).

So, with this in mind, I create a mini campaing with only 4 levels, enough to giving the smugglers some kind of identity without making them too strong, so the player can feel more than a weak smuggler than a Ordos with another colour.

The plot:

Some group of men, considered as neutrals in the war of Dune, traveling to the desert planet searching the most valuable material in the universe: the spice Melange.

Even though the smugglers are neutrals they aren't exempt from having to deal with multiple dangers.

The Screens:

post-58652-0-17034500-1435582758_thumb.ppost-58652-0-59163700-1435582761_thumb.ppost-58652-0-78530100-1435582764_thumb.p

The stuff:

To play this mini campaign you need the gruntmod edition in addition to the launcher. Also you need the update version of the "Dune2000.exe". those files can ben found in this other post:

The new stuff:

To simply things, now all the 12 files (4 missions) are in the same language. Just copy and paste them into the "missions" folder where you have gruntmod installed. Also a readme.txt with instructions included.

This small update change some numbers from the IA, making them building faster/slower, or attacking earlier/later for the first time, etc... The campaing itself don't change at all.

A Readme included with all the information.

Smugglers.rar

i didnt work it ?

Don't know what you mean

mission lanucher didnt find your maps

Make sure that:

1: You have gruntmods edition.

2: Downloaded and overwrited "Dune2000.exe" and "missionlauncher.exe" from this forum. (Funky update them like 1 week ago or so, any version before that it will not work).

3: All the ".map", ".mis" and ".ini" file (12 in total) are in the folder "mission" into gruntmods.

--> The right folder is "Gruntmod studios\dune 2000\Missions"

--> Don't not get confused with "Gruntmod studios\Dune 2000\Data\Missions"

i did all  exepct download latest version.. in 1.06 topic cant dl it.. errors

Looks like the web is down right now. I will tell to funky.

Meanwhile Here you have those 2 files: I suggest using the antivirus with this, just in case.

• 5 months later...

I did some small udpates to the campaing. Some numbers changed to the IA here and there, but only 2 missions use IAs, so half the campaing is untouched.

The main thing is that now all the files are in english, so is more easy for people to just copy/paste the 4 levels (12 files).

Tiledata.bin isn't really needed, but have it don't hurt the campaing.

More information ni the first post

• 5 weeks later...

Cm_blast thanks for sharing your maps, they're awesome to play. 

Briefings are a bit sketchy but you've already said you're not english native so it's understandable.

I love to play ally coop missions with AI, or even seeing other AI battling each other in the map.

Cheers y gracias.

Cm_blast thanks for sharing your maps, they're awesome to play. 

Briefings are a bit sketchy but you've already said you're not english native so it's understandable.

I love to play ally coop missions with AI, or even seeing other AI battling each other in the map.

Cheers y gracias.

Thanks for all.

I do not usually include cooperative levels at least there is a very good reason to do that. In this campaing I found a good way to make the smugglers heavily rely on another player to survive, reinforcing the idea that the smuggler are a weak sub-faction and not "Ordos with another colour".

• Upvote 1