Cheats

So I dusted off the old Platinum CD and installed it on my laptop, was surprised it actually woks with 8.1.

Anyways, it's been a while, so i've forgotten somethings.

I seem to remember a cheat code that turned off Robberies? Am I remembering correctly or am I going crazy?

Also, Stop the Trains. How do I do this? I've forgotten, a google search brings up my Forum post from wayyyyy back in 2006 asking what the benefits and such were. Again, I seem to remember a cheat code.

Thanks guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Fitch,

I don't use cheat codes, so it doesn't mean much when I say that I have never heard of those cheat codes.

As I understand it, Stop the Trains is a strategy to delay profits in your company without bankrupting it. The practical part is to use the priority flag to stop the train/s. Mainly, this strategy is useful to try to collapse stock value while having all the infrastructure in place to make the company decently profitable once you set the trains off. The idea is to buy stock heavily at a discounted price, start the trains, and stock price will then rise quickly and make you rich with a good stock holding percentage. Remember, a year-end with a loss on the books will give a big drop in stock price. Holding a bond will give higher first year expenses. Probably buy stock/start trains at the beginning of the second year, but vary according to circumstances.

I don't know about stopping all, but the only time I do such manipulations is early, when I only have a few. Even then, I let distant trains run, only stopping those about to reach their destinations.

What *can* stop all trains is an event. If your right to run trains is canceled in a territory, then all trains in it will stop. That won't help you with an existing game, but it offers possibilities for modding maps so you can do things not programmed into the game itself.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Fitch. I don't think there is a cheat code to turn off robberies. To actually prevent robberies on any given map, just go into the Map Editor and locate the map you want to make changes to. Then look for the button (located on right side of screen) that can edit events, etc. I believe it is the second button down from the top. Upon clicking this button, you will be given another menu in which you can change many things associated with the particular map. Look for the catergory called 'Robberies'...and after clicking on it you will be presented with the current settings and possible descriptions of robbers and robberies for that map. Just reset the robberies chance of occuring to ZERO....and then save the map, preferrably as a New Map with a different title, so as not to lose the original map's settings for some other time, perhaps. You might call it Map X no robberies, where X was the original title of the map.

As for stopping the trains, that can be done while playing the game, as the good folks on this thread have already explained. There is no cheat code to stop the trains, but I believe there is one to destroy ALL of an opponents trains......It might be Casey Jones.....but I don't use cheat codes, so I don't know from experience. 

Hope this helps with your gameplaying. Enjoy.