Couple of hacks

Adriano

I have read in other topic:

Added support for infinite spice maps, to enable infinite spice in your map you need to open the map in a hex editor and change byte 7 to 03

Actually this is change of original gameplay.

But I have couple of the same things for vanilla game. I have never written about it before in the forum. Because it changes the game. May be it will be interesting for somebody.

If in VANILLA game (not in Gruntmod Edition, for example) to change Dune2000.dat at address 00031C15 from 84 to 85, then buildings will be repairing.
I mean, when building damaged, then it starts repairing immediately.

LOL but clicking repair  causes repair process  to stop.

Oh, really. Thanks. I think about how to STOP auto-repairing. It is solution.

Sometimes player does not need the auto-repairing. When player has no enough money, for example.

Added:

There is one little distinctive feature now. Pictogram of wrench (over building) appears when player STOPS repairing. Because now manually player can stop (not begin) repairing.

Added.

Logic can be the next. Pictogram of wrench (over building) means now that building NEEDS repairing. The building is waiting for repairing. Reminder.

The buildings without the pictogram of wrench repair automatically.

i mean to  have  doubled amount of repair. auto repair is bad but  if we could have the auto repair like units . so they could repair  to half  and no more.

the repair amount is  in vars.bin n another topic was enlisted all   offsets of hex editor  so  they can be tweaked.  i made  spice worth 200 credits  per one piece.  but  tried to  get better repair,  i mess up and disabled repairing   completly hehe

I am afraid, I don't know.

:) I do not quite understand what do you mean? May be this is my poor English...

You wrote:

"doubled amount of repair"? "i hought it would cause dual repair"?

"so they could repair  to half  and no more"? Who are they? Buildings or units?

WHAT exactly do you want to make double? Strength of buildings? You can do it in program Tibed.

Or you don't want to spend money for buildings repair at all?

Sorry for my misunderstanding.

I I also seem not to understand what you mean. But let me add my thought: It doesn't need many hits to destroy a building, so why to stop auto  repair when building is not repaired completely? Very risky. Just turn of auto repair on some buildings when you need money.

• 4 weeks later...

Another hack. I read it somewhere (in one Russian site) long time ago.

Honestly, I don't know, how exactly this works (I mean code). I just copied it. But it works, in original Dune2000.

So, you can make selected units INVISIBLE / VISIBLE . If to press button "Retreat". Function of retreating stays the same on this button.

Yes, this thing changes gameplay very much. So you can decide -- is it useful or not. For example, player can make attack with stealth tanks, not only stealth Fremen or trikes.

You can write the data in file Dune2000.dat.

First column is address. 2-nd is original value at this address. 3 - changed value.

0003EEBA: 8A E8

0003EEBB: 56 31

0003EEBC: 1A AD

0003EEBD: 88 07

0003EEBE: 57 00

0003EEBF: 48 90

000B9BF0: 00 8A

000B9BF1: 00 56

000B9BF2: 00 1A

000B9BF3: 00 88

000B9BF4: 00 57

000B9BF5: 00 48

000B9BF6: 00 80

000B9BF7: 00 77

000B9BF8: 00 08

000B9BF9: 00 10

000B9BFA: 00 C3

• Upvote 1

It can be interesting to make invisible engineer. He cannot capture turrets and destroy it, like unit Saboteur. And engineer becomes visible near turrets (like Stealth Fremen).

So it can be interesting scouting in the enemy base!

• 2 months later...

Another little hack.

Radar (Outpost) is "always on".

This means, that you can see little map (on right top of screen) even if "low power". Of course, building of Outpost must exist already, if you want to see this.

000302B9: 74 90
000302BA: 17 90

000302C2: 72 90
000302C3: 0E 90

• Upvote 2

This is pretty cool stuff, dude. I would try it, but I lost my original D2K awhile ago. I only have GruntsMod. Damn, do I ever love the high resolution. 1920 x 1080, with reveal shroud hack, I feel like a real commander with a satellite view of the battlefield! Epic battles with 8 player patches, now I just need an AI mod to really make the AI powerful!

This is pretty cool stuff, dude. I would try it, but I lost my original D2K awhile ago. I only have GruntsMod. Damn, do I ever love the high resolution. 1920 x 1080, with reveal shroud hack, I feel like a real commander with a satellite view of the battlefield! Epic battles with 8 player patches, now I just need an AI mod to really make the AI powerful!

Try my AI. :D

http://www.mediafire.com/download/v74eyhqe6pn5t1e/_PRAC.MIS

• Upvote 1