(Video) Tutorial:Put created mission in the Mission Launcher ( with text)

dune2000the

Seems easy. I have 2 questions.

1º: If I wanted to add my campaign, create originally in Spanish (so spanish text.uib) this will work ok with the launcher/game?

sidenote: original english.uib and spanish.uib number of lines doesn't match.

2º: How about campaigns were you use Tibed?

Seems easy. I have 2 questions.

1º: If I wanted to add my campaign, create originally in Spanish (so spanish text.uib) this will work ok with the launcher/game?

sidenote: original english.uib and spanish.uib number of lines doesn't match.

2º: How about campaigns were you use Tibed?

1: I think you can use Spanish text.uib. Since the Mission Launcher is only for selecting missions, and it copies the line of the uib file you have chosen. That means you can probably do it.

2: I never used Tibed. Its used for modifying things right? That probably doesn't affect the mission launcher, only the game itself.

1: I think you can use Spanish text.uib. Since the Mission Launcher is only for selecting missions, and it copies the line of the uib file you have chosen. That means you can probably do it.

2: I never used Tibed. Its used for modifying things right? That probably doesn't affect the mission launcher, only the game itself.

1: For example, If the english text.uib use the line 800 to show "airstrike ready" but in the spanish version the line 800 is "player X not ready" for Lan Matches, the game can crash, (I don't know if this is true, just a example). Anyway, I guess is all about testing.

2: Yes, is to edit. you can make the missile tank available for Ordos, or the light infantry need a tech level of 7 to be recruited, or changing some requisites to ve able to build the Imperial Palace.

All this changes affect some ".bin" files. are not in the .map or .mis files, so right now to play my campaign modified with Tibed I need to make a backup of the original .bin files before overwriting the modified manually.

I ask because in the same way you can choose your own map/mis/uib files, If were possible to make the launcher.ini choose another set of .bin files.

Some values need to have the same line number to prevent it from crashing (e.g. in game text trigger messages), but all the other ones can be at any position :) Anyways, that is not a problem since you can setup the mission launcher to load your own text.uib, in this case it will turn the multi language support off and goes into failsafe mode by loading just that one file :D

No, custom .bin files are not supported yet

Some values need to have the same line number to prevent it from crashing (e.g. in game text trigger messages), but all the other ones can be at any position :) Anyways, that is not a problem since you can setup the mission launcher to load your own text.uib, in this case it will turn the multi language support off and goes into failsafe mode by loading just that one file :D

No, custom .bin files are not supported yet

Good, because I can group my four mods in one single Version and playing in spanish, although maybe I will miss the "Soon Ordos will be extint" for the level 8 XD. Even I can delete the original maps from ".ini" and just leave my mods (and/or other mods). To play the original game is the regular .exe, and to play the mods the launcher.

Will try to play one of my mods, I wish all works ok, at least being the game playable.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the launcher by myself.

I rename my maps as "Casa Nueva.map" "_Casa Nueva.mis" and "Casa Nueva.uib".

In the missionlauncher.ini I deleted all the references to the Harkonnen House (the original maps) and place references to my maps there.

I even overwrite the GAMESFX folder so I can have the game with spanish voices.

I played the first 6 levels of my campaign (although in easy) and for now it all works very well. both text and voices are in spanish and no errors so far. The only thing this campaign barely uses lines for the text.uib beyond "the Atreides has been annihilated", but anyway, I will try with a more complicated text.uib like the Fremen one.

Just doing a quick look I see I can write some "subitles" for the levels. similar to the Red alert maps (expansion maps) and instead "New House - Mission 1, New House- Mission 2"......... I can write "NH1 - a new beginning" "NH2 - the Mercs are rude!".........

Right now I have some questions:

- Would be a problem (Now or in the future) with the name of my maps? "Casa Nueva.map" instead "Casa_Nueva.map" or "CasaNueva.map" (or lowercase).

- Is possible to change were the maps appears?

For example, this campaign use "SideId=1" because with the map editor I used the Harkonnen. This means in the launcher this campaign will appear in the Harkonnen "room", although I am player as another House.

- Can I change (for personal purpose) the "Atreides - Ordos - Harkonnen" in the launcher and write another thing?

<- combining with the previous question, This campaign is a "New House", so they aren't Atreides, Ordos, Harkonnen, Fremen.......

so I will like to change "Harkonnen" and place "New House" so this way makes more sense.

The map name can have spaces, that is no problem

If you want place buildings for harkonnen then it is a harkonnen mission, this is the only way to keep it working fully automatic

You would need to make a custom version of the mission launcher to change the house names, cause it would make it incompatible to all other campaigns :)

I can give you the source code, you could make your own interface like Rise of the mercenaries and war of assassins

Ok thanks.

Is not so important, is ok like the way is now.

I was wondering: If I start a new map and place CY for Mercs and a base for Harkonnen, then I create a new empty .mis file (like the new version of the editor can do now), Export some IA to Harkonnen, but no IA for Mercs, and finally in the launcher.ini I place the sideid=6; this map will appear in the Mercenary section and the game will be playable (without problem/errors) as Mercs? 

I test it and seem that works.

The only thing there isn't music.

In that Emperor campaign by Dato (the one which uses the original Atr-Ord-Har level 8-9 maps but playing as the emperor) there isn't music either.

How to make start the music automatically?

This could very well happen because the game music is hardcoded normally and the game will choose a track for each mission automatically. Sub-houses have no music tracks saved, so you would need to create a .ini file for the map and choose a track

http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/26661-dune-2000-106p-game-patching-bug-fixes-new-features/page-14#entry390546