[RELEASE] Campaign map editor alpha 0.4

Klofkac

Find download in attachment:

D2kEditor04.zip

CHANGELOG:

Fixed: All map is now properly rendered on high resolutions. Resolution is now unlimited.
Fixed: Added missing support for finite spice bloom types.
Fixed: Stealth Fremen are now shown on map.
Added: "Use allocation indexes" feature: the structures are rendered as belonging to in-game house.
            Indexes are loaded from .mis file. Values higher than 6 default to 0.
Added: "Mark impassable tiles" feature: you can now see which tiles are impassable or infantry-only.
Added: "Show event markers" feature: you can now see positions of reinforcements and other events on map.
            Supported events are: Reinforcement( R), Harvester replacement(H), Unit spawn(S), Unit in tile(T),
            Reveal map(M). Also event number is shown.
            Markers are loaded from .mis file and cannot be edited, use Reload map after editing mis file.
Added: Number of Worm spawners, Player starts and Spice blooms is shown.
Added: Warning when trying to save map without Worm spawners or wrong number of Player starts.
Added: Value of produced and needed power is shown along with power percentage.
Added: "Save map image" feature (to .bmp file, Delphi 7 has not native support for png)
Added: Map can be scrolled with mouse wheel
Changed: Single click (instead of double click) for selecting tile block from tileset.

Use right-click to mark selected block without closing the window.
Changed: Other minor improvements to user interface.

Source code is now available on Github: http://github.com/jkoncick/D2kEditor

Feel free to contribute and use bug tracker there.

And it would be great if this new version could be also added to D2K+ website for download and also to D2K+ Toolkit. Also please fix the description on the download page.

Happy mapping!

• Upvote 4

Well done,  Klofkac !

FunkyFr3sh, Lazarus is free cross-platform software in Pascal. I use it to convert some simple programs in Delphi.

Wikipedia :

"Lazarus is a free cross-platform visual integrated development environment (IDE) for rapid application development (RAD) using the Free Pascal compiler, which supports dialects of Object Pascal".

Really good job. I tried a bit the program and...

Yeah, I found how I mess up this map... I didn't even knew!

<-- I didn't want those reinforcements had so many trouble landing, but when I did the level I just did the sketch of the map and then, when I did the full playable map I just forget totally about the X and Y position of enemy reinforcementes (and because this is a defensive level I couldn't see by myself this problem. No wonder why the enemy that it took so long to come to my base.

This new editor will help a lot with this type of things, much more easy to see than searching in the events (in this map in particular there are 31 events, 15 of them being a reinforcement, so is easy mess up 1 or 2).

By the way, about the finite spice bloom.

What means the 41~44? means the 41 bloom once and the 44 four times?

Edited by Cm_blast

Sorry for the double post, but I think I found a problem with the "save map image" option.

At least for me if the map have more height than weight all the buildings, units and spice are out of the imagen saved.

As a example the original Ordos map level 8 (80x100)

You can see clearly how much Harkonnen's base is missing.

Edited by Cm_blast

Well done,  Klofkac !

FunkyFr3sh, Lazarus is free cross-platform software in Pascal. I use it to convert some simple programs in Delphi.

Wikipedia :
"Lazarus is a free cross-platform visual integrated development environment (IDE) for rapid application development (RAD) using the Free Pascal compiler, which supports dialects of Object Pascal".

Yes, I know lazarus :D It creates 100mb executables and fails with 98% of all delphi projects :(

Did you try to compile the map editor with it? I don't have it installed atm, so I cannot try

Good job! Too bad you chose delphi, there is no free version of it :(

Maybe you could try Delphi 7 Personal Edition, it is free and should be sufficient for compiling the editor. I haven't tried it personally through.

I chose Delphi because it is very simple and easy to create small GUI programs like the editor, and the programs run fast and without any additional software like .net framework.

I learned programming in Delphi years ago when I was on high school, so I used it due to nostalgia a bit, but rather the reason was I just had Delphi at hand and knew to use it.

By the way, about the finite spice bloom.

What means the 41~44? means the 41 bloom once and the 44 four times?

No. The number is the "special" value in the map used for these spice blooms. I do not know exactly how the finite spice blooms behave and how many times they last for. I just read about them in the old Editor thread where people complained of finite spice blooms not being shown in the editor (as they were used in several official missions), so I added them to editor. You may research their behavior and tell me.

Sorry for the double post, but I think I found a problem with the "save map image" option.

At least for me if the map have more height than weight all the buildings, units and spice are out of the imagen saved.

As a example the original Ordos map level 8 (80x100)

You can see clearly how much Harkonnen's base is missing.

Huh! Thanks for bug report. I did not encounter this problem, maybe I did not test with all maps. I need to look at it, maybe I overlooked something.

I learned programming in Delphi years ago when I was on high school, so I used it due to nostalgia a bit

:) I feel the same. Delphi has some charm for me... this is association with student years.

Did you try to compile the map editor with it? I don't have it installed atm, so I cannot try

No, still. I understand now, that I even forget where is option in Lazarus "convert Delphi project".

---

Klofkac, I have a question. You write:

Changed: Single click (instead of double click) for selecting tile block from tileset.

I suppose this is about button "Open tileset" and window "Tile block selection".

Now, in the new version, when I select tile block, window "Tile block selection" closes immediately.  

I am afraid, this is not comfortable for me. Sometimes I want to think about sizes and kind of tile block. 

May be this is possible to make choice between old and new tile block selection? Old selection was more comfortable for me.

Now, in the new version, when I select tile block, window "Tile block selection" closes immediately.  

I am afraid, this is not comfortable for me. Sometimes I want to think about sizes and kind of tile block. 

May be this is possible to make choice between old and new tile block selection? Old selection was more comfortable for me.

I forgot to mention, that you can still mark selected block (without closing the window) with right-click. So the old behavior is still here.

Fixed in first post.

• Upvote 1

Thank you, Klofkac! It works.

About Lazarus.

I understand now, that I even forget where is option in Lazarus "convert Delphi project".

I found it. But really, FunkyFr3sh, it does not convert this project easy. Lazarus cannot found unit XPMan in main.pas.

:) At least I try to make it.

Huh! Thanks for bug report. I did not encounter this problem, maybe I did not test with all maps. I need to look at it, maybe I overlooked something.

As far as I know, If the imagen is 100x80 the imagen saved is fine.

In this Ordos map if I increase the size to 100x100 also looks fine.

In the biggest map (128x128) the imagen saved looks good too.

About spice bloom finite. Weel, they barely can be called "finite". I don't know if there is any difference if you explode the bloom early, late or exploding by itself. I tried to explode it as quickly as I could. This are the numbers.

Spice Bloom 41 = explodes 6 times (this is the only one I can consider "limited")

Spice Bloom 42 = explodes 11 times

Spice Bloom 43 = explodes 26 times

Spice Bloom 44 = Don't know. Stopped counting at 40.

About Lazarus.

I found it. But really, FunkyFr3sh, it does not convert this project easy. Lazarus cannot found unit XPMan in main.pas.

:) At least I try to make it.

The XPMan is there only for WinXP-style GUI objects which are "prettier". You can simply remove it, it will work without it.

About spice bloom finite. Weel, they barely can be called "finite". I don't know if there is any difference if you explode the bloom early, late or exploding by itself. I tried to explode it as quickly as I could. This are the numbers.

Spice Bloom 41 = explodes 6 times (this is the only one I can consider "limited")

Spice Bloom 42 = explodes 11 times

Spice Bloom 43 = explodes 26 times

Spice Bloom 44 = Don't know. Stopped counting at 40.

By finite I meant that they will completely disapper after they explode several times. Nice testing, but I'd recommend to test several more times to have more precise info about the behavior. Spice Bloom 45 (normal spice bloom) is the infinite one.

good job new functions awesome  :)  just i think icon have not so good quality so i made new one like this.  http://dune2000.my1.ru/fotos/D2kEditor.ico  use this if you want  :)

Nice work. I actually took the icon from Dune 2000 Trainer (simply used print-screen and then saved the icon) because I quicky needed SOME icon for it.

I'm not sure whether hi-res (bigger than 32x32) icons are supported, I will give it a try.

The XPMan is there only for WinXP-style GUI objects which are "prettier". You can simply remove it, it will work without it.

By finite I meant that they will completely disapper after they explode several times. Nice testing, but I'd recommend to test several more times to have more precise info about the behavior. Spice Bloom 45 (normal spice bloom) is the infinite one.

Nice work. I actually took the icon from Dune 2000 Trainer (simply used print-screen and then saved the icon) because I quicky needed SOME icon for it.

I'm not sure whether hi-res (bigger than 32x32) icons are supported, I will give it a try.

if bigger than 32x32 not supported then try this: http://dune2000.my1.ru/fotos/d2kmapeditor-32x32-.ico i changed image size to 32x32

I mean, if a spice bloom needs 30 times to fully dissappear... well, at least you are playing a map with no spice (only the blooms) you need like 2 hours just to deplete the bloom.

Anyway, I will place several 41 in the map and 2 or 3 restarts to check if they last 7 times always or it is random.

Edit:

Using 4 separated squares of "spice bloom 41 (limited)", and playing/exit the game (+new game, so no load game nor restart), 2 times the bloom exploded 6 times and once 7, (the four of them depleted at the same numbers).

I suggest someone should do this test too to be sure.

Could you add support for loading maps via command line? This way we could start the map editor by clicking on the map preview in the CnCNet game lobby.

The map editors for the other games already support that, would be cool to have it for dune2000 too

I mean, if a spice bloom needs 30 times to fully dissappear... well, at least you are playing a map with no spice (only the blooms) you need like 2 hours just to deplete the bloom.

Anyway, I will place several 41 in the map and 2 or 3 restarts to check if they last 7 times always or it is random.

Edit:

Using 4 separated squares of "spice bloom 41 (limited)", and playing/exit the game (+new game, so no load game nor restart), 2 times the bloom exploded 6 times and once 7, (the four of them depleted at the same numbers).

I suggest someone should do this test too to be sure.

With my d2kx tool you can set hotkeys for the debug memory location "4EB008" (you can find it under basic addresses). When this is set to 0 the game will speed up a lot!  (1=normal speed) This way you can easily count how often the bloom comes and goes.

/edit: The tool works on the original DUNE2000.DAT file, I'm not sure if it works on the Funky or Gruntlords versions.

Edited by D2k Sardaukar