[RELEASE] Dune 2000 War of Assassins

Feda

you probably don'T have the missions in the right folder

old gruntmods version is using "Missions", new one is using "Data/Missions"

So if you have the old one you gotta copy the missions into the right folder, in the new gruntmods version you only need to extract the .zip to your game folder how it is

• 2 weeks later...

i just install the war of assasins pack but when i  want to play a mission of the war of assasins it won't start it just open dune 2000 without sound and not the mission i selected

how is that possible and what did i do wrong?

Yea im aware, i let it be so people can put up their mind and find various sollutions to pass it. Since if u do it "by-the-book", it's a really difficult mission and you'd probably fail it a few times before you get to know the best routes. :D

Got a few questions about Hark mission 3.

How did you just put concrete down on the map without actual buildings?

How did set up the ai to attack with every soldier alone attack, also being built up from the sietch which before didn't work?

You forgot to set up mission win and mission fail events.

Got a few questions about Hark mission 3.

How did you just put concrete down on the map without actual buildings?

How did set up the ai to attack with every soldier alone attack, also being built up from the sietch which before didn't work?

You forgot to set up mission win and mission fail events.

The concrete is a tileset thing, you can add it with the editor. It always worked for them to build from the sietch, but i think that if there is a barracks on the map the barr will be the primary building. I'm not sure, their AttackBuildingStrenght is low, also TimeBetweenBuildingAttacks is low too. I don't remember its been a lot of time since I did the mission and i dont remember what I did. Yeah I'm aware i forgot those :(

their AttackBuildingStrenght is low, also TimeBetweenBuildingAttacks is low too. I don't remember its been a lot of time since I did the mission and i dont remember what I did. Yeah I'm aware i forgot those :(

You make those values on purpose or you are assuming they have those values?

I mean, When I looked to the map using the editor I saw that the player is in the "Fremen House danger zone". And that's the reason because the Fremen are sending soldiers/vehículos one by one.

In fact, I remember when I played the level and destroyed the Ice sietchs that house stop to attack one by one and the level become more harder, because everytime I try to destroy any other sietch, all his defenses react and goes against me.

I checked the values and they were low. Yea i had a look at the danger zone the AI has and i gotta say that feature is a weird one. The fremen dont have any buildings there, and the closest sietch is pretty far away.

I checked the values and they were low. Yea i had a look at the danger zone the AI has and i gotta say that feature is a weird one. The fremen dont have any buildings there, and the closest sietch is pretty far away.

The IA always draws a rectangle containing all his buildings, no matter if the buildings are near or not, but if they enter that rectangle.

More or less, this is the "danger zone" of the Fremen. If any of your units go near that orange rectangle I draw he will send you all the units in defense like mad (The blue arrows shows the 4 buildings that create that rectangle).

As you can see, almost the whole map is in his danger zone.

Oh, thats a nice piece of information! Thx for sharing, I didnt know about the rectangle, i always assumed they would have that zone depending on distance

You're welcome. 

This can be a problem if you do a diagonal base for the enemy; happen to me, I needed to increase the size of one map because "for some reason" the IA was sending his units one by one.

You can edit your map, make the fremen ally with you, place outpost/wintraps (so you have minimap) and look at the Fremen (soldiers and vehicles) wandering in the desert...... Well, that is what is supposed the Fremen does.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the very slow updates. I finally finished all the missions (and playtested them too, should be bug-free, I really hope I didnt miss anything). Right now I'm working on the briefings and the logo images for the expansion (to be included in the mission launcher as a new entry menu, same as War of Assassins was). It should be released shortly. Meanwhile, here's a small sneak preview for you guys:

4u6pnc.jpg

The Sandstorm crisis forcing Houses Atreides and Harkonnen to ally against the enemies

• Upvote 1

Everything is ready, waiting for funkyfr3sh to update the MissionLauncher as he must take care of something else first. Gruntlord, I'd like your to add a news entry on D2K+ about the war of assassins + the expansion im about to release. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates? I checked the MissionLauncher few times and I didnt saw any expansion there.... Sorry if I'm eager but Feda did and do very good missions which I always played them with joy.

They are ready for a while, but I had to wait for funky to update it. Here's the topic with the download links: http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/27252-release-war-of-assassins-sandstorm-expansion-campaigns/

• 1 year later...