[RELEASE] Dune 2000 War of Assassins

Feda

• 1 month later...
On 15/4/2015 at 8:06 PM, FedaYkin said:

To download War of Assassins along with the Mission Launcher and all other campaign packs included, click HERE. As I said, extract everything in the game folder and open up MissionLauncher.exe. Have fun!

Hey Feda. I restarted playing your campaign as Harkonnen (regular war of assasins). I don't remember exactly where I got the campaign; maybe the missionlauncher pack.

The thing, in the mission 3 of the Harkonnen campaign don't have any win or loose condition. There is a completed version with this fixed? 

The "click Here" link doesn't work, and I can't see anyother post with the file anywhere, but I remember you posting some fixes in the past so I want to know.

Ps: Don't worry about me, I can add myself the mission win and loose, if that's the only thing missing :P.

Edited by Cm_blast

• 3 weeks later...

I started playing these missions. I discovered by accident. That I actually have them on my pc!

Now then, where to discuss the strategies? Because I have a question about mission atreides 4.

Man!! These missions. You put some thought in them. They are even better in design then several TD or RA missions. Although, they could use some tweaking IMHO. But I should play them all first. I am now at atreides 5.

1 hour ago, X3M said:

I started playing these missions. I discovered by accident. That I actually have them on my pc!

Now then, where to discuss the strategies? Because I have a question about mission atreides 4.

Man!! These missions. You put some thought in them. They are even better in design then several TD or RA missions. Although, they could use some tweaking IMHO. But I should play them all first. I am now at atreides 5.

I guess this thread would be the right place to talk strategy. What's your trouble?

6 hours ago, X3M said:

Yea, you can ask any questions here.

Alrighty then.

I started playing with the Atreides first.

In mission 4, you have to go and wack 3 harvesters or 8 silo's. I went for the silo route since you can kinda go around the missile turret.

I noticed that fighting opponents is the best way to get to the other side. I eventually went with south-west to south-east, then north-east. And one by one, the tanks went into the base as far as possible from that missile turret. It was a hair breath beating the silo's in my third attempt.

Is there any better way in doing that mission? Or have I taken a wrong path?

6 hours ago, FedaYkin said:

Yea, you can ask any questions here.

Hey Feda, a few post early I said the Harkonnen mission 3 didn't have any mission win condition (or mission fail). The map only have 7 events, so maybe you update it at some point.

Have you a more completed (or updated) version of this map? If not I'll add the mission win/loose and that's it.

Edited by Cm_blast

Ok, I'll add the conditions then. was the worst because it's just the map with all those sietchs and fremen spreaded everywhere. I was crazy looking everywhere before realizing that maybe the objetive was other, but no, was the neverending story :P.

Edited by Cm_blast

• 1 year later...

I decided to play this campaign and finish it 100%, so I did it... on easy.

Yeah; on easy some maps were far for challenging, but in the past I only manage to defeat the Harkonnen campaign, while with Atreides and Ordos I couldn't win over mission 5 or so.

However, I wanted to have a good look at the campaigns, and I finish them withouth using tricks (some tricks that are legal); and the campaign was interesting when I reach one specific mission for the three houses which map was almost the same. Also I found even more interesting those "triangles" maps where you and another faction are figthing the same enemy but with no alliances at all.

Player attacking one part of the enemy while that other neutral faction figthing from another side, needing to be carefull to not attack those neutrals guys or else they will turn on you.

Also the double battles, when there are 4 factions; two of them figthing in his personal war while the other two also figthing between them but noone has any kind of alliances; that was really interesting to see and I am glad that I decided to play all this on easy and enjoyed it!

There is a couple of "errors" during the campaign or, at least, the version provided here: Harkonnen mission 3 don't have any "mission win", so the game never ends. And on the Atreides second map the Fremen side get "blocked" if they loose the sietchs, because he AI try to produce new infantry, but can't (dune classic problems with sietchs and traditional barracks); but maybe this was done un purpose, dunno. (I played this map on normal, and here, after seeing how hard was too me and how intense the gameplay it's I changed to easy for the rest of this and the other campaigns).

My next move it's playing the expansion now; which I couldn't defeat in the past, but I will play it on easy because at least I want to see all the maps and have the feeling of the story.

Edited by Cm_blast