[RELEASE] Dune 2000 War of Assassins

Feda

hark mis 3 dont wrote mis comp. in mission editor i looked dont mis win   :D

and hark mis 5 i killed ordos, after  a few minutes later İnvalid target X ggameticks 113519 113519 crashed

i will wrote when finish all of them :D

Didn't get that error, I don't know what it could mean lol. Sometimes the game just decides to crash for no reason tbh, i once had a weird error with AI almost teleporting units from a cell to another cell on the other side of the map.. Of course it makes no sense and it's no one's fault lol, the game acts crazy sometimes :D

Thanks Hawker :D

This kind of errors happened on Westwood missions? Maybe it happens only on new campaigns because they were created in other way... not sure about this. Anyway, sorry for asking this but  I'm just curious if Westwood used same tools as we use now.(Shai-Hulud and D2k Toolkit, I know that D2k Toolkit was released in 2011 or 2012) and now other question appears: Then what tool for creating structures and conditions they used?

Of course they didn't use these lol, they had their own programs which are now gone forever.

They used text files feda, I doubt they had any programs :D It works exactly the same way we have been doing it the last days xD

Yea but how did they place buildings on map and stuff like this without an editor? :D

Ah sorry Feda for posting this but I'm at  Harkonnen mission 4 and im getting this error : "Delivery has nothing to deliver! [ gGameTicks = 14000 ] and the task has name "Side.cpp". Everything was allright on Atreides Campaign and Harkonnen missions 1,2 and 3 :)

Btw, I follow your video from youtube and made all the steps in the right order.

Oh damn, one reinforcement event is empty as I forgot to click apply :( will fix it and the main link will be uploaded, thanks for report!

I tested all missions, no idea how I could miss this one tbh. This is really strange. About other errors, those I don't think are my fault, no idea what could cause them

Would be nice if you could help with the graphics related things, me and feda had problems with that since no one knew how to edit graphics :D Dato helped us out in the end, i'm sure others will have the same problem too with their campaign later :D

What size and style do the graphics need to have? Mostly text with the name of the mod or no text (because its mentioned at the bottom) and only a graphic that complements the mod?

For all three a new image or?

Edited by D2k Sardaukar

What size and style do the graphics need to have? Mostly text with the name of the mod or no text (because its mentioned at the bottom) and only a graphic that complements the mod?

For all three a new image or?

All the background images are 960x600, the launcher got a fixed size since the images won't scale well. Not sure if any graphics are needed right now tho, you would need to talk to Feda and Gruntlord, maybe they like to have their images updated with better ones :)

Here is the source code, you can take a look at the current images in there: http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/d2k/MissionLauncherSource.7z

why i cant minimize the launcher? i have a small screen on my laptop however

What happens when you click on the minimize button? It doesn't send it to the taskbar?

I don't know what kind of IA you used for Harkonnen in Atreides level 5, but that was insane. After beating the Emperor I was "weird, the emperor attacked me several times but the Harkonnen barely came". When I reach the Harkonnen base they had a really big army there.

The weird part, they starting marching against my main base but ignoring the base I capture in the emperor zone. I win just by this.

All the background images are 960x600, the launcher got a fixed size since the images won't scale well. Not sure if any graphics are needed right now tho, you would need to talk to Feda and Gruntlord, maybe they like to have their images updated with better ones :)

Here is the source code, you can take a look at the current images in there: http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/d2k/MissionLauncherSource.7z

What happens when you click on the minimize button? It doesn't send it to the taskbar?

oh nevermind i got it work

but one thing i cant is restore down the smaller screen launcher again i have small screen laptop screen

Is there a specific reason for 960x600? Text size perhaps? The original images of Dune 2000 are 640x400 which are sharper and look better in my eyes. :)

@Feda, do you perhaps like some different graphics? Perhaps we can find a font style for the name of the mod that fits the Dune 2000 font?

Edited by D2k Sardaukar

Is there a specific reason for 960x600? Text size perhaps? The original images of Dune 2000 are 640x400 which are sharper and look better in my eyes. :)

@Feda, do you perhaps like some different graphics? Perhaps we can find a font style for the name of the mod that fits the Dune 2000 font?

I used the Dune 2000 font for the woa (war of assassins) logo :D I'm fine with it, but I can contact you when i start working on the expansion pack if you would like  to help :D

640x400 was way too small, i had to make it slightly bigger

Good job Feda, nice to see the new stuff being applied already :p

I'll be applying the new menu system to the next GruntMods edition update, I'm living without internet for a little while so I will be inactive for the time being. Would you mind if I bundled this Campaign once you get the graphics updated?