[RELEASE] Dune 2000 War of Assassins

Feda

The pack includes new campaigns for all 3 great Houses: Atreides, Harkonnen and Ordos along with a new, entertaining story, full of twists, desperate unholy alliances and betrayals. The pack is different from all other released Dune 2000 mods/missions; the story is very complex, you no longer start out as a small force and end up conquering everything and kicking everyone's ass: now you will feel the real outcome of the bloody war even at the end: you will no longer defeat all your enemies, but rather be forced into a cease fire due to the war crippleling both you and all your enemies to such extent that you're forced to halt any offensive until recovery is achieved. The Great Spice War will not be over at the end of any campaign. The war along with the story will be continued in the Sandstorm Expansion pack which will contain the ending and results of the war.

INSTALLATION: You can just extract everything to the main Dune 2000 folder overwriting any existing files (only one should be text.uib, which basically will just revert the text.uib from UI_DATA to the original cncnet/gruntmods one) and you're set. The pack is 100% compatible with the cncnet and gruntmods versions of the game. You can safely paste everything without to worry that core game files changed, trust me :D

The Mission Launcher contains a separate menu for War of Assassins. Once you select this campaign pack, you will see the intro. Read it, as it's important for both understanding the story and some other stuff. The "ending" button will display the epilogue, meaning the result of the war, and should honestly only be read after you finish one of the campaigns in order not to spoil the story :D

To play War of Assassins, open MissionLauncher.exe and select the War of Assassins campaign. All missions are available to select no matter their number, but I would like to ask people to play them in order, from mission 1 to 9, because that's how a campaign works. That's how you can enjoy the story.

VERY IMPORTANT: The briefings are no longer present in-game! This means that after u select a mission with the mission selector, the briefing will show up. READ IT CAREFULLY and note the objectives in mind. In case you forget what you have to do while playing, just alt-tab and use the mission launcher to view the briefing again :D The in-game briefings are empty for a specific reason I'm not going to mention now.

Thanks to FunkyFr3sh, we now not only have War of Assassins included in his Mission Launcher, but many other campaigns like the Ixian Campaign and Rise of the Mercenaries selectable with a simple click :D They all work at the same time, they no longer conflict with each other in the same dune folder as they are not using the same files anymore. If you want your own campaigns to be included, contact him! Special thanks to FunkyFr3sh for all the work he has done for this game. It certainly is a new dune 2000 since he is working on it. 

Lots of thanks to dato as well, for editing the logos/menu backgrounds for me and getting the buttons for War of Assassins.

Screenshots below:

5bciva.jpg

Funky's Mission Launcher supporting multiple campaigns with ease

2ql8wow.jpg

War of Assassins' main menu

ydwd3.jpg

The Ordos-Atreides desperate alliance fighting the Imperial forces

s2ehqu.jpg

Ordos trying to sneak through a huge Atreides vs Harkonnen battle and establish communications with the Ix.

30ma6b5.jpg

Atreides reinforcing their Air base to maintain air superiority on Arrakis

4szip4.jpg

Harkonnen General Alka taunting the Commander in Harkonnen Mission 5

To download War of Assassins along with the Mission Launcher and all other campaign packs included, click HERE. As I said, extract everything in the game folder and open up MissionLauncher.exe. Have fun!

Get this dune2000.exe (it is Funky's patched exe) and paste it in the game directory for the missions to work properly.

The Sandstorm expansion missions can be downloaded from here: http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/27252-release-war-of-assassins-sandstorm-expansion-campaigns/

• Upvote 2

My Anti-virus considers your dune2000.exe as a virus...

0 / 57 on virustotal.com

https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/7276c91b676342f6ce4c1c583526cd8d5e9b16c2e63bb42a5899b58c9555ba65/analysis/1429183713/

You don't have any of these anti virus programs listed in there? Could also be that you have the paranoid settings enabled that lead to a false detection

Could you please post the logfiles of the detection in here (or screenshots of the message)?

When I started the first mission (Atreides) I remember having one similar idea that you have made. I had not used it before because does not fit with my missions (I was thinking in the Rise of Legends game, when Giacomo goes crazy and fight against enemies that do not exist).

I barely beat the level, but because I played really bad (the worm eats 2 missile tanks so...). 

In the second level I saw some enemy units getting stuck.

I guess they were trying to attack but can't. Later other tanks almost get stuck too.

I don't know if someone finally reach the soldier, kill him and all the tanks starts moving again, or if your ally started an attack and because that they move.

Ps: I lost the level, but was my fault.

Edited by Cm_blast

Yes I know it in mission 2, i didnt fix it because it's ok, they move after a while anyway.

I just recorded first 4 missions, will upload the videos soon and u can check them on on how to pass the missions. Mission 4 of Atreides is really difficult if you don't know exactly what to do :D

0 / 57 on virustotal.com

https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/7276c91b676342f6ce4c1c583526cd8d5e9b16c2e63bb42a5899b58c9555ba65/analysis/1429183713/

You don't have any of these anti virus programs listed in there? Could also be that you have the paranoid settings enabled that lead to a false detection

Could you please post the logfiles of the detection in here (or screenshots of the message)?

Never mind! I add your file into trust section.

By the way, I have just played 7 AT missions and a few of them were hard and I had some fun! Great job!

Never mind! I add your file into trust section.

By the way, I have just played 7 AT missions and a few of them were hard and I had some fun! Great job!

Thanks !

Szwagier, what does the error message say? I don't get any and no one reported it before. Can u tell us the error or post a screenshot?

i cant see  bro i got  4/5 "black window" and messsage is to small, also mission 3 in ordos at start after reinforcement come

Error"ordos"

http://zapodaj.net/98e22e141e26e.png.html

Harkonnen mission 3 after capture consturction yard

http://zapodaj.net/382acd6e53a48.png.html

Harkonnen mission 4  1 min after start when i saw troops and 2 guns neutral emperor

http://zapodaj.net/708532902a014.png.html

My custom messages don't show for you. This is because you did not install the pack correctly. Make sure u extract everything in the game folder.

Make sure you have "woatext.uib" in Data/UI_DATA as that file stores the text messages. Also make sure you have the 1.06p dune2000.exe that is provided in the install pack. It must say "dune 2000 1.06p rev 18 by funkyfr3sh" or something when you open the game by doubleclicking dune2000.exe, to the bottom right of the main menu like it was in the original. It must be rev 18.

Reinstall the package carefully :D

i cant see  bro i got  4/5 "black window" and messsage is to small, also mission 3 in ordos at start after reinforcement come

Error"ordos"

http://zapodaj.net/98e22e141e26e.png.html

Harkonnen mission 3 after capture consturction yard

http://zapodaj.net/382acd6e53a48.png.html

Harkonnen mission 4  1 min after start when i saw troops and 2 guns neutral emperor

http://zapodaj.net/708532902a014.png.html

Oh noes, I see a Norton icon on the desktop! Beware, Norton deletes files even if no virus was found cause of their Reputation system which deletes files just because they are new. It could be that it was deleting some files of the package cause all of them are new. Check your Norton logs and see if there is anything named "WS-Reputation" or "Suspicious.Insight " those alerts can always be ignored since they have nothing to do with viruses