Dune 2000 Gruntmods Edition - some questions

Adriano

I like Dune 2000 Gruntmods Edition. All these options - "Select mission", "Debug menu" and so on.

First question.

Usually I have several folders with different copies of Dune 2000. Now I cannot install new copy of "Dune 2000 Gruntmods Edition". It shows the message:

"You already have this version (1.6.1.9) installed. Please uninstall it and relaunch this installer."

Yes, I really have this version, but I would like to have one more, if this is possible. Would you like to help me?

Yes, thank you. Simple and good decision.

But there is a little shortcoming. I made copy of game TO CHANGE something here. To overwrite mod, or change some maps, for example. So I must have NOT CHANGED specimen first. :) But I can do it.

It was easy earlier. Just run installer and write new way for new folder. I don't understand, why it does not work now. 

Yes, thank you. Simple and good decision.

But there is a little shortcoming. I made copy of game TO CHANGE something here. To overwrite mod, or change some maps, for example. So I must have NOT CHANGED specimen first. :) But I can do it.

It was easy earlier. Just run installer and write new way for new folder. I don't understand, why it does not work now. 

If you ran the installer while another version is present it would overwrite the other files and registry keys. If you wish to make a copy so you can reinstall, just move it to another folder and the uninstaller will not remove it. The launcher will not work properly if the game is moved from it's proper location (it looks in the directory the game was installed to).

• 5 weeks later...

Excuse me my poor English. I cannot understand several words in the game.

And (excuse me once more)  :)  this question is not exactly about Gruntmod Edition, but about vanilla game too. Anyway, the question is too little for separate topic.

What does voice SAY in the game, when we make order in Starport?

Unfortunately, I cannot understand. WRITE it here, if you please.

Something like: "Order placed...". And something about delivery, how I can understand.

:laugh: Wow! Timer...

You can laugh, but I want (or wanted?) to know this thing during several years. :)

Earlier I did not understand some words in the game else. But now I know what are Muaddib, Shai Hulud and so on.

"t. minutes four" - strange order of words, as for me.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lite version is minimalist, it doesn't include any additional files like game music.

Yes, I understand, thank you. So I would like to use this version for testing new mods from the forum. 

For this reason I asked about it. I don't need music, movies for this, for example.

So it will be great if you tell me, what exactly the Lite version do not include. If you please. If this is not difficult for you.

Yes, I understand, thank you. So I would like to use this version for testing new mods from the forum. 

For this reason I asked about it. I don't need music, movies for this, for example.

So it will be great if you tell me, what exactly the Lite version do not include. If you please. If this is not difficult for you.

Music and cutscenes, not including music saves 62mb of space, compressing the game to fit in a 30mb installer (90mb when uncompressed and installed)

• Upvote 1