The Best of C&C (Final Round)

Zocom7

To all Dune fans and players who once had been C&C players, I decided to do something I have never done before.

I was really wanting to do this last year, but wasn't willing to do it until now. Although Methuselah was interested what I told about this on, neither other administrator nor moderator in GR.org are willing to participate for this special event in this so-called C&C March Madness poll. Now that C&C is nearly dead all except for the ones in TA and C&C Online, I guess this is something I think the C&C community should have had some time ago.

Final Round of the Best of C&C bracket is up: http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index.php?showtopic=960382

When you first proposed this a while go I immediately thought about the paired comparisons method. However, now I've noticed that this is simplified a bit because you only have to choose between "neighbour" games (TD vs. RA, TS vs. FS etc.). That of course simplified the procedure a lot, but I think it would be quite possible to have a full scale paired comparison (every game is compared with every other game, in pairs). That would result in a scale of games from more popular to less popular.

I also wonder if there would be differences in results if the two measurements were carried out with the same respondents.

This tournament isn't really correct if you ask me.

Most add-ons ARE improvements.

And what if someone only has played one of the 2 games? You should add a rule that there is no vote in that regard.

I think that comparing 1 game to all the others is a better method.

True, but there's no other game that would compete against Renegade-X. I mean, APB, Reborn and TCW would have been in the list but that would require an extra round of it and still Renegade-X would win against those three anyway.

Besides those titles will be mentioned in "The Best C&C Mods" bracket list instead. I am trying to get that official in Moddb with some assistance.

Wow, Red Alert vs Generals Zero Hour.

Now that is a though one indeed.

But what surprises me that it is Generals Zero Hour to be in the finals, while this game has clearly set up the new combat mechanics to be tested before they applied it to Tiberian Wars. The only difference are the 'squad workings' and the 'resource management' balance.

I would expect C&C3 (Kanes Wrath)  to be in the finals against Red Alert

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...