[Release] New Campaign Fremen Dune 2000

Cm_blast

Story: 
The Fremen are inhabitants of a cruel desert planet called Arrakis, living a "peaciful" life until one day, because the greed of Harkonnen, raze a group of Fremen families without any remorse, forcing the Fremen to start retaliation against that group that killed their people. Water for water.

THEME:
The Fremen are people that lacks the knowledge of techonoly compared to any major or even minor Houses. However, due the cruel nature of Arrakis, the Fremen become the strongers warrios in the universe.
With this in mind, my purpose was to make missions that are not about building a base, harvesting spice or producing tanks; instead, the player will be given a certain amount of Fremen and do missions against the Harkonnen using their combat and ambushing skills.
Since you won't build a base the missions are not going to last long, but the player will need to use the power of the desert if they want to overcome enemies that use that such advance weaponry.

SCREENSHOTS:
1497744368_Fremen01.PNG.2b7054b75fa39822e445cf59823dda34.PNG
2098129234_Fremen02.PNG.4cd0467d07dbd8d36e32a9b0dbb9bfcf.PNG
1931620726_Fremen03.PNG.5177cd5e0d5880f068d00ed530f938f7.PNG

FILE:
Fremen Warriors.rar

HOW TO INSTALL:
Unzip the file and copy every folder into the root of the game.
Any folders included will go to the path that it is suppose to go.
Do not copy any pgn (screenshots) nor the readme.txt (instructions).

Edited by Cm_blast
  • Upvote 2

hi

mission 1 is very practice for get used to :)

mis 2 very nice

mis 3 good idea crashed , i like it

mis 4 - mis 6 was very different :)  hark and atr war hehe go go freman !

mis 7 like to save soldiers from barracks :)) 

mis 8 worm spawner hehe and very hard for me :)

mis 9 carryall support !!

congratulations thanks for campaign

Everything was very nice, but I like to have outpost  :( - :)

hi

mission 1 is very practice for get used to :)

mis 2 very nice

mis 3 good idea crashed , i like it

mis 4 - mis 6 was very different :)  hark and atr war hehe go go freman !

mis 7 like to save soldiers from barracks :)) 

mis 8 worm spawner hehe and very hard for me :)

mis 9 carryall support !!

congratulations thanks for campaign

Everything was very nice, but I like to have outpost   :( - :)

Wow, that was quick. The only thing I regret is so many work and the game is beated so fast.

Well, I cheated and used outpost :blush: , but of course, just for testing purpose :laugh:.

Anyway, thanks to play it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

UPDATE: (Working with the launcher, minor changes and now true Fremen)

This campaing have been updated to work with the launcher and converting the missions to be part as the Fremen.

Some minor changes were done to improve a bit the missions.  In the other hand, the most major change was swapping all the units, buildings, events and alliances from Atreides to Fremen (and viceversa).

So right now, to play this campaing, you need tiledata.bin (included in the zip) and choose "Fremen" in the launcher, making this a true full Fremen Campaing.

I named them "Fremen Warriors" to differentiate from the "Fremen" campaing made by Luminar.

First post updated with the new version and some new images.

If you want me to add all your missions to the MissionLauncher.zip then let me know! Upload a .zip with all campaigns in 1 package and send me a message

Sure. I'm going to do a final rerun of this campaing first to be completely sure that all works as intended (this campaing is specially twisted). After that I will send every campaing, except the ones that are already included.

Cm_blast yo man ! Your campaigns are class. They are well done and have a great design, I played with so much joy. A lot of effort putted in them deserves a big "Congratulations" from me. Keep at good work.

Thanks!

I'm glad you like them, even this one being so different from the others.

Ok, this should be the final version of this campaing with no more editing unless somebody find something weird.

This last update don't affect the game at all:

- Some wrong tiles now are the correct (just visual).

- A few extra notes directed to new players, like saying that the "Stealth Fremen" become visible if you approach enemy soldiers/turrets.

- Now the missionlauncher should show "Fremen Warriors" instead "Fremen de Arrakis".

• 3 weeks later...

Something wrong with this new forum. I can not download the file "Fremen Warriors.zip".

Maybe, Cm_blast would reload this file again?

Added.

Newly loaded file AntiFremen works (I can download it). But, for example, "old" Spacing Guild does not work too.

Edited by Adriano

On 2/6/2016 at 10:31 AM, Adriano said:

Something wrong with this new forum. I can not download the file "Fremen Warriors.zip".

Maybe, Cm_blast would reload this file again?

Added.

Newly loaded file AntiFremen works (I can download it). But, for example, "old" Spacing Guild does not work too.

I can't edit that old post, but here you have it.

I guess any of my mods can't be downloaded right now. Only The Antifremen because I create that post with the new version of the forum already running.

Edited by Cm_blast

Thank you, Cm_blast.

This is enough for me now.

Added.

I can't edit that old post

So, it is not possible to edit first message in topic.... This is not quite comfortable. There are topics with data, that may be updated.

Edited by Adriano

On sábado, 06 de febrero de 2016 at 1:25 PM, Cm_blast said:

I can't edit that old post,

I can't edit new post neither right now xD.

Anyway, Thanks for gruntlord for posting it. If someone want the mod and for some reason the links doesn't work, just use the one in d2kplus.

Edit: this very new post can be edited.

Edited by Cm_blast
edit

• 4 weeks later...
On jueves, 03 de marzo de 2016 at 2:50 PM, Adriano said:

Thank you for your job, Cm_blast!

Good maps.

Interesting scenarios. I like when mission is NOT "kill them all".

6 missions passed at the moment. :smile: I do it not quickly.

Thanks.

Personally, in games with a fast pace like this one (C&C, KKND...) I prefer the "destroy everything". Also, I like much more missions where you can build your own base and all that stuff (the opposite at this specific campaing), but sometimes there is room to try something different and a bit creative with the game (and with the editor).

I am really glad no one is encounter any problems so far in this campaign. I mean like triggering some events when they shouldn't appears yet and similar things.