Dune 2000 New campaign pack

Feda

Hello guys. I see lately there are barely 1-2 new mods, which is sad :( So i thought i should announce that I am working on a big campaign pack for Dune 2k. It will feature new campaigns for all 3 great Houses, plus an expansion pack after these 3 are released. The campaigns are all linked to each other through the story; all 3 follow pretty much the same story, but the emphasise on certain events differs from faction to faction. So for example events in the Harkonnen campaign regarding Ordos will happen in the Ordos campaign as well.

The story will be continued in the expansion pack, as this mid will end without a concrete verdict of the war. I don't want to tell u more so that i dont kill the element of surprise, but I can tell you this campaign won't be like anything you've seen before; the plot is complex, it's not like my previous campaigns in which u start as a weak side, kill and kill and kill and in the end u blow everyone up. This mod will be full of twists, betrayals, allegiance changes and desperate unholy alliances. I can guarantee: you'll love the story.

The missions are designed 100% from scratch. This means in this mod I am not going to use the copy-paste terrain feature of Shai-Hulud. I realized missions don't look that good using that, and also you don't get the exact terrain you've wanted. A true mod should have maps created from 0,manually, thanks cm_blast for showing me how nice those maps look :D

I am not going to add new units in the stock mod, because i dont really want to edit it that badly. The expansion pack will probably contain some new units, but I don't know now exactly which. As briefing, I have used GruntMods Edition's text.uib as that is the most popular dune installation. All in-game messages related to my campaigns are added at the end of it, or in the gaps present close to the end, in order not to mess up any other messages.

So far I have the first 4 missions of the Harkonnen campaign, I will release it when i finish all 3 campaigns. If you want, i can post some screenshots.

• Upvote 6

Hello guys. I see lately there are barely 1-2 new mods, which is sad :( So i thought i should announce that I am working on a big campaign pack for Dune 2k. It will feature new campaigns for all 3 great Houses, plus an expansion pack after these 3 are released. The campaigns are all linked to each other through the story; all 3 follow pretty much the same story, but the emphasise on certain events differs from faction to faction. So for example events in the Harkonnen campaign regarding Ordos will happen in the Ordos campaign as well.

The story will be continued in the expansion pack, as this mid will end without a concrete verdict of the war. I don't want to tell u more so that i dont kill the element of surprise, but I can tell you this campaign won't be like anything you've seen before; the plot is complex, it's not like my previous campaigns in which u start as a weak side, kill and kill and kill and in the end u blow everyone up. This mod will be full of twists, betrayals, allegiance changes and desperate unholy alliances. I can guarantee: you'll love the story.

The missions are designed 100% from scratch. This means in this mod I am not going to use the copy-paste terrain feature of Shai-Hulud. I realized missions don't look that good using that, and also you don't get the exact terrain you've wanted. A true mod should have maps created from 0,manually, thanks cm_blast for showing me how nice those maps look :D

I am not going to add new units in the stock mod, because i dont really want to edit it that badly. The expansion pack will probably contain some new units, but I don't know now exactly which. As briefing, I have used GruntMods Edition's text.uib as that is the most popular dune installation. All in-game messages related to my campaigns are added at the end of it, or in the gaps present close to the end, in order not to mess up any other messages.

So far I have the first 4 missions of the Harkonnen campaign, I will release it when i finish all 3 campaigns. If you want, i can post some screenshots.

Atreides joining the Harkonnen in the original Ordos Campaing seems enough unholy to me XD.

But looks interesting. Sometimes in the mods you are teamed with 1-2 allies and when you destroy someone (or the timer said so) one ally became enemy. If you know this will happen you can cheat and destroy you own ally before that happen.

I Though can be possible doing a map when you and your ally fight a common enemy, defeat him, beat the level and then in the next mission you play the same exact map but your ally now is your enemy. (or expanding/moving the map so isn't exactly the same, like the Red alert 1 allied)

By the way, thanks you for the words =).

The text.uib for the GruntMods works in a regular english Dune 2000, Right?

What will be the order to play? (if there is any order, I mean, first you must play with Atreides, then Ordos, then Harkonnen), and my last question. You will start with low tech or directly with +4 tech level?

Atreides joining the Harkonnen in the original Ordos Campaing seems enough unholy to me XD.

But looks interesting. Sometimes in the mods you are teamed with 1-2 allies and when you destroy someone (or the timer said so) one ally became enemy. If you know this will happen you can cheat and destroy you own ally before that happen.

I Though can be possible doing a map when you and your ally fight a common enemy, defeat him, beat the level and then in the next mission you play the same exact map but your ally now is your enemy. (or expanding/moving the map so isn't exactly the same, like the Red alert 1 allied)

By the way, thanks you for the words =).

The text.uib for the GruntMods works in a regular english Dune 2000, Right?

What will be the order to play? (if there is any order, I mean, first you must play with Atreides, then Ordos, then Harkonnen), and my last question. You will start with low tech or directly with +4 tech level?

The allegiance changes will occur in next missions. For example, at some point Harkonnens will spy on the emperor and find that he is just using them as a decoy against Atreides and Ordos while he's setting up troops to take arrakis and in the next missions they will attack the emperor.

It works, but things might be messed up a bit. Text entries would differ a bit.

There isn't any particular order, any house you choose, the events will happen pretty much in the same way (they are linked). But each house will have certain events emphasized more than others. For example, in the beginning (first 3 missions) Harks start the war by getting rid of native fremens which are protected by atreides, they will capture an atreides base and use atreides units against fremens to put the blame on atr. In the atr campaign, you will work with the fremens first few missions, but then you'll be briefed that "something weird happened, fremens are reporting that Atreides forces have attacked them". So all events are linked in all campaigns :D

• Upvote 1

The allegiance changes will occur in next missions. For example, at some point Harkonnens will spy on the emperor and find that he is just using them as a decoy against Atreides and Ordos while he's setting up troops to take arrakis and in the next missions they will attack the emperor.

It works, but things might be messed up a bit. Text entries would differ a bit.

There isn't any particular order, any house you choose, the events will happen pretty much in the same way (they are linked). But each house will have certain events emphasized more than others. For example, in the beginning (first 3 missions) Harks start the war by getting rid of native fremens which are protected by atreides, they will capture an atreides base and use atreides units against fremens to put the blame on atr. In the atr campaign, you will work with the fremens first few missions, but then you'll be briefed that "something weird happened, fremens are reporting that Atreides forces have attacked them". So all events are linked in all campaigns :D

"they will capture an atreides base and use atreides units against fremens to put the blame on atr."

That remind me something... don't know what XD.

Understood. We will see what you do.

"they will capture an atreides base and use atreides units against fremens to put the blame on atr."

That remind me something... don't know what XD.

Understood. We will see what you do.

Might be Nod mission from Tiberian Sun campaign, when they capture a GDI base and use it against the Forgotten :D

Good luck feda with this project, to say like this. When it will be finished , I'm sure that I will gonna play it beacuse it sounds very promising and nice.

Thanks, I got first 6 Harkonnen missions ready.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Create a batch file. ;-)

That is not an option :D I have actually created something that works like CnCNet but for single player missions, till now no one is using it tho. Just wondering if there might be some use for it for custom campaigns/missions

That is not an option :D I have actually created something that works like CnCNet but for single player missions, till now no one is using it tho. Just wondering if there might be some use for it for custom campaigns/missions

So far I was just replacing existing missions. Didn't know u got something for this. What is it? Can it allow to have custom campaigns + custom briefing in text.uib that doesn't overwrite original missions? 

The game supports it, but someone needs to create a launcher :) I could make a demo launcher to show how it works if someone wants to code the interface

This involves visual basic and stuff like that? :D