Sign in to follow this  
X3M

Dune II micro is balanced?

I never paid attention to the ranks or score, but I always get the "ruler" on mission 9, so the only time I got the "Emperor" was something new to me.

But I don't remember exactly; the first time I played this game was the old Dune 2 version, which the enemy send their units one by one (except foot units), so maybe I got the ruler rank in other missions too but I can't tell.

The mission that took me 8 hours wasn't the one that got me "Emperor" so I don't remember if I killed that many units that time I achieve that rank. Was years ago, but I remember only loosing 2-3 scouting trikes as Atreides. I don't know if the Fremen killing or dieing count as well.

Edited by Cm_blast

Ruler of Arrakis is the highest rank in v1.0, with Emperor and some other rank (forgot which) having been added in v1.07 above it.

I remember always getting the Ruler of Arrakis rank in the last mission no matter what in v1.0. I completed it several times with all Houses and never set the objective to get the highest score possible. I can't confirm this but I had the impression that Dune II actually sets a minimum rank for each mission so you probably get worse ranks only if you fared real bad in a mission. C&C is a lot more strict in this respect, lots of casualties will result in bad score.

c&c score is linked to the mission number. The maximum is 100 times the mission number. Not only that, but doing an entire mission with only one combat unit will increase the score by another 100. I once finished GDI 14 with only the mammoth, resulting in giving me 1500 as final score.

Dune 2000 follows the c&c example.

I think that Dune 2 score, when calculated right. Is one of the fairest scores out there. Getting points for making kills and harvesting spice. Losing points for the mission time.