D2K+ Online Tips and Strategies + FAQ

Gruntlord6

I have found a good tip for startup players!

some buildings, like light factory needs like 3x3 tile for full health isnt? nope, it need 3x2!

i had tested it, so when u placing concrete 3x2 like on this image:

t6yxix.jpg

And placing light factory on it and click it:

12376uf.jpg

Voila! We have full health light factory now!

It works with:Barracks,Wind Traps, Light Factories, Heavy Factories, Tech buildings and Refineries.

Doesnt work with:Starports, Repair Pads, and buildings that need only one tile.

• Upvote 2

some buildings, like light factory needs like 3x3 tile for full health isnt? nope, it need 3x2!

i had tested it, so when u placing concrete 3x2 like on this image:

(...)

It works with:Barracks,Wind Traps, Light Factories, Heavy Factories, Tech buildings and Refineries.

Doesnt work with:Starports, Repair Pads, and buildings that need only one tile.

Thank you! I saw something like this in video on YouTube about Dune2000 gameplay (Wind Trap on concrete 3x2 ), but I have never tried this. Because I thought that "health" of buldings will be bad.

But (!) Heavy Factories and Tech buildings need 3x4, not 3x3.

What do you, NaturePower, build in this case?

They only need 3x3.

You never tried it out?

The only reason when I use concrete is when dealing with AI. They use airstrike, fremen and nukes.

It saves most buildings from demise.

But when the moment comes, I mostly have repaired every single building because of spicespam.

For windtraps and ®turrets, I always use slabs.

I already mentioned that you should always use concrete under windtraps. There are CERTAIN situations when u could go without (in no rules with a certain build order and rush in mind), but generally always use them with windtraps. Whenever I'm saying "better dont use concrete" I'm talking about other structures, not windtraps :D

And to clarify even more on this subject, it's a bad idea to use concrete because of time wasting, not economy. So once you're already in the game (+8 mins, full base - this means stable economy and x3 production facilities), and for example you're going to set an expansion, it's actually even advised to upgrade CY and use the 3x3 concrete under the buildings u place in the expansion. Why? You're no longer in need to hurry because u have stable economy and full production speed, so using concrete doesn't harm anymore, it starts to help instead.

I already mentioned that you should always use concrete under windtraps. There are CERTAIN situations when u could go without (in no rules with a certain build order and rush in mind), but generally always use them with windtraps. Whenever I'm saying "better dont use concrete" I'm talking about other structures, not windtraps :D

And to clarify even more on this subject, it's a bad idea to use concrete because of time wasting, not economy. So once you're already in the game (+8 mins, full base - this means stable economy and x3 production facilities), and for example you're going to set an expansion, it's actually even advised to upgrade CY and use the 3x3 concrete under the buildings u place in the expansion. Why? You're no longer in need to hurry because u have stable economy and full production speed, so using concrete doesn't harm anymore, it starts to help instead.

Helps out for walls :)

P.S thats why i love starcraft: they doesnt need concrete, they have 5 workers ready to mine :D