Anyone still playing?

atrd3m0n

For the past few years I've ran a bunch of CoD4 servers, since I shut them down in August I find myself reaching back to the old RTS games again.

Currently, I'm playing some KW again, and subsequently I was wondering what became of Emp. I noticed several games that were on the old GameSpy servers have been revived by new servers, cnc-online.net. I also saw they would host other projects, and naturally my thoughts went to Emp. If anyone still plays this, I would be willing to put considerable effort in lobbying for hosting there, or in any other effort people would be willing to make to have a server on this. To me, emp was my first online game and it never completely went away, lol

• Upvote 1

For the past few years I've ran a bunch of CoD4 servers, since I shut them down in August I find myself reaching back to the old RTS games again.

Currently, I'm playing some KW again, and subsequently I was wondering what became of Emp. I noticed several games that were on the old GameSpy servers have been revived by new servers, cnc-online.net. I also saw they would host other projects, and naturally my thoughts went to Emp. If anyone still plays this, I would be willing to put considerable effort in lobbying for hosting there, or in any other effort people would be willing to make to have a server on this. To me, emp was my first online game and it never completely went away, lol

yoooo!
I + 10 players from Russia - we support your idea!
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Why dont we put EMP to cncnet.com ? We are there  some ppl who mentains d2k alive also there are others westwood titles like RA1, TS,TD etc (except renegade). Maybe its and ideea for a better future of another great game like emperor.

need much work right now no one will do this

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi ! I would also like to play online ! I am trying this for years , but I don't know if this is possible .

I just read here :

http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/14663-getting-online-guide-playing-online-how-to-get-most-patches-extra-info/

about how to play online , but the post was made 11 years ago . I don't know if this still works ...

However , at the moment I am trying to get the mods that were specified :

Magical Mini Patch
Micro Missions
The AI patch

I found a post here :

http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/13645-checking-in-after-a-couple-of-years/

where those mods were specified , but the links lead to Dune2K , which I guess no longer exists ... Pity . That's a sad thing for me to find out , since I had great memories of that site . Anyway , do you know where I could find those mods ? I am looking for them beause it is mentioned that they can also be used online .

Edit :

-----

Well I did find them (except the Micro Missions) . They are right here in the section :

Downloads > Dune Editing

(just in case someone else is looking for them)

So the next step is to play online . Lets see ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi every1.

I installed Tungle, but i dindt see anyone there.

So. i Uninstaled.

poker king, his game level is very low. You only win these novices entering it. If you take someone like me, take a shake.
Lucas15, I'm glad you came back. E-mail to me (marcos_rabello@hotmail.com)
I miss that game, I was happy and did not know. Has no game like this, to strategy, requiring skills.

• 5 weeks later...