Sands are blowing in the wrong direction..

THE AQIB

Hey guys..

I was busy in securing marks for a long time and failures plagued me..

Although I wished to return back to Arrakis I was marooned by fate on the shores of reality .. Wishing one day I will return to Arrakis..

Although I have not yet gained my former momentum after seeing my unfinished game on my PC I thought I better complete it..

But between then and now progress had played it's part and I feel awkward to roam back into Arrakis(Read as Fed2k Forums)..

I missed my comrades here..

The ones who answered my every doubt as a noon.. Ones who helped me back on the path when I fell of it..

So what should be next move??

Should I continue my quest and finish the game or should I call it game over and turn chicken??

It is a blog like post describing my situation..

For the time being I'll start from where I left and try as much as possible to finish it..

Jus keep on helping me out..

Well, I am in a similar situation and have been on hiatus on my mod for about one year. I hope I'll get to continue it soon. Reality tends to get in the way.

So, I say that you continue what you're doing, but don't stress over it. Do it for yourself, and it should be good :)

• Upvote 1

Well, I am in a similar situation and have been on hiatus on my mod for about one year. I hope I'll get to continue it soon. Reality tends to get in the way.

So, I say that you continue what you're doing, but don't stress over it. Do it for yourself, and it should be good :)

Ah.. Davidu.. Nice to see you again..

You are referring to the Mount and Warblade?? (Forgive me if I spelled it wrong)

I liked it's progress although I couldn't follow up..

My mod is still stuck where I left it before my exams last year.. and this year is about to end..

Belated Merry Christmas to all by the way..

It's mainly due to lack of motivation..

I used the same mod in my moms laptop and I saw the background was disastrous unlike what I see in my PC..

Wonder why..

I wish you luck and may you succeed in this endeavour..

Dang.. I keep writing like Corrino in my mod.. :-p

Only thing I'm mainly scared of is multiplayer.. and maybe some internal functions accidently got deactivated..

Noobiness shown here..

I can't show any progress because of that..

Well, it seems several people are on hiatus.

But seeing you return cheers me. It was starting to get a bit silent here...

Welcome back.

I know.. I saw..

My hiatus was not that noticed..

There was all that energy last visit..

And now it's gone..

Although I can't seem to understand all the new developments..

Especially as I missed em all..

It's cool watching others build mods/missions..

Good to see you to X3M..

(Well basically rebuilding RTS in another engine is hard..

Lots of errors..)

Well during holidays it's usually quieter... It's normal. I'll try to be sa bit more active with scouting for Dune artwork around the web. Every now and then there's some new guy coming out with a bunch of really cool stuff :)

• Upvote 1

Well during holidays it's usually quieter... It's normal. I'll try to be sa bit more active with scouting for Dune artwork around the web. Every now and then there's some new guy coming out with a bunch of really cool stuff :)

Yeah spark of the new era..

It is slowly fading away..

Our forum is dying..

Maybe ours will be the last generation of Arrakians..

If it goes real bad maybe might have to hold a dune convention on our own to bring the dune to the world..(Kidding)

Well within few years maybe this site's use might be well passed..

Anyways to bring the future into Arrakis??

Mods ain't gonna crater..

We need something new..

OpenRA is a good example..

I saw CM_Blasts missions.. Well made..

During holidays we get free time.. During working days freedom should be bought at a hefty price..

Feeling good that at least some are active..

Oh come on, don't get all mushy :D I joined the forums in its prime, when new sections were still being created. I might brag that my petition changed the name of "Politics and religion" to "Politics, religion and PHILOSOPHY" and that my "Joke" thread is one of the longest here. Of course it's sad it's not so visited aymore but I'm sure the hype will be back along with the next official Dune game, no matter how far in time that might be.

My only regret... and THEY know it... is that i joined too late to know... WHAT THE DAMN GOLDFISH WAS!!! (don't ask about the goldfish... they're sworn to secrecy... it's been 11 years for me and I still don't know).

• Upvote 2

Strange, I do know about the goldfish :D

Anyway, most people want to do too much for their mod, or whatever they are making. And each of them is often working alone. When you are alone, you often like to quit when things are getting to hard. In other words: Any one can spend their time better.

I am on hiatus because I am needed a lot on work during the holidays. -.-

And we are having big changes here. ^.^

That is my reason for pausing everything.

I forgot where I was with my board game (8 weeks now)

I also still have to do something on Warcraft 2.

Both very time consuming if you ask me. I don't have that.

• Upvote 1

If you want my honest opinion aqib, and if you're talking about the dune 2000 mods, you should just quit, it's not worth wasting so much time making mods for a dead game, there's just not enough playerbase to play it. Sure, if you want to release something fun or you really wanna finish what u started, go ahead, don't let my words stop you, but i just understood that you even want to add multiplayer stuff in that emperor mod, it's pointless and when u get to balance issues u will have huge work to do. In the end ppl wont play it multiplayer, we barely get people on original game online on CnCNet. So the way to keep dune 2k alive tbh is to play it online, with some occasional singleplayer missions/campaigns. 

Thats how I feel it's best, I'm not trying to kill your courage. 

I know that Dune 2K the last popular dune game is dying.. Real fast..

At least I can do is finish the mod I started..

My lil brother still has interest for the game..

There still are people who will play the game..

For this to happen we have to bring it to the world and not just for it here under the cover of the internet..

No one is organising anything and hence the use of this site is decreasing and the game fan base dwindling to 0..

We are to blame..

Although I wish we could somehow bring back the glory days of the Dune..

Will try for something new once I get more free time..

I hope everyone here will..

• 1 year later...

Hey guys..

Wassup?

Life is cruel I know, last time I was here I almost finished emperor chronicles..

After that day my life went in a different way..

And I guess after all those days I might have a chance to step back into dune, again.. I just need help from my fellow arakians to get a know how of what all has gone down in the months I lost here..

Good to see you all again!!