Best sci-fi author of all time?

Timsvs

Has anyone got Sky Movie Max?

The robot logo on that looks like Marvin to me. And yes, your right, it is 37 times.

Young Zaphod Plays it Safe, may be able to be counted, but is not part of the HitchHikers series.

It was probably a collection of some of his books.

I'll be damned.... how the heck do you guys know so much about writers that i don't know??? are you guys all 100 years or older??  :-[

Actually the only 2 names who came familiar were Frank Herbert (ofcourse) and Timothy Zahn (good writer)

can you get all those books you're talkin about also at the library?

Hrmm...I think I saw a Harry Harrison at my library, one of the "Eden" books I think, I don't remember any Niven/Pournell though.  I think my Library also has an edition of Battlefield Earth, but I never had the cahoneys to actually check it out and attempt to read it.  It looks bigger than War and Peace.  Most of the Sci-Fi books I own though, I bought at used book stores.  Mostly paperback at around $3.50 - $4.00 a peice.

In that age you can't read only primitive story books! That's age for philosophical and scientific literature. Also, Karel Capek wrote some things for little kids too - Dasenka or legendary Psicek a macicka... :)

No, it's not a movie, it's only a book.. written by David farland. It's not realy SF but it's fantasy. It's about the underworld and stuff... a lot of magic stuff and it's a saga

already 3 books are out... the series is called the Runelords.

Book 1: The sum of all men

Book 2: The brotherhood of the wolf

Book 3: Wizardborn

The story is still going and it's realy addictive. A runelord is a man/woman who has endowments from other people/creatures. A person can have an unending amount of endowments and it means that if a human gives an endowment of brawn to another (strenght) the other guy is twice as strong. You have more types like  seeing, smell, wit, metabolism, stamina, grace.

I thought that "Robot" meant slave.

It's created from word "robota" what means "work". Also "worker" isn't very exact. Word "worker" is better "live" thing, in slovak called "robotnik". "Robot" is an artificial machine. But english hasn't no gramatical difference between "living" and "unliving" names.

no, he's from germany, and if your asking about my realy most favorite author then it must be Thea Beckman (a dutch female writer). I love all of her books and my favorite is "Triomf van de verschroeide aarde". The story is about the 100 years war between england en france... (actually it's a trilogy but i found this one (the second) to be my favorite)