[Release] a New House Campaign for Dune 2000

Cm_blast

STORY:
"A New House" is a campaing about an alternative beggining of the story when a fourth House, along with Atreides, Harkonnen and Ordos join the battle for Arrakis.

This new house it's not as prestigious as the three main ones, so it lacks the same strengh as they may have; this means this house won't increase the techonolgy as fast as the others. Even with the odds against them they will fight with their full strengh to conquer Dune and dominate the others.

THEME:
As a not as big House as Atreides, Ordos or Harkonnen, you won't get the tech by the natural means, instead, your character will get more tech by buying it or stealing new kind of vehicles from other enemies.
However, you won't get the most advance tech at the end, since you are suppose to have less tech than the others (and to make it different from the Atreides); but on the other hand, your enemies won't be using their full tech either, plus you may find some ways to increase your army.

Screenshots:

806067596_NewHouse01.PNG.011ffed765d23a5ac6c9788566543e9d.PNG
716908638_NewHouse02.PNG.225d9b040b463fd6bbae6900b0fdff04.PNG
114755697_NewHouse03.PNG.4b20bed1b4dc6f1f856c561248ff987d.PNG

FILE:
A New House.rar

HOW TO INSTALL:
Unzip the file and copy every folder into the root of the game.
Any folders included will go to the path that it is suppose to go.
Do not copy any pgn (screenshots) nor the readme.txt (instructions).

Edited by Cm_blast
  • Upvote 3

This week is busy for me, after I will play it. Already downloaded it. Thanks a lot and welcome!

Thanks.

The only problem using the Fremen Index is about colours. Your colours are similar with Atreides. Is a bit confusing when there are quads and tanks. (planned to use those high Index, but the game will crash with the VCM deploy so... Index = 4).

oh, by the way. My win condition is destroying the base/s, but no the units (I don't like when in the original game i have to spend 10 minutes searching the Harvester hidden in the 2 unexplored squares). <-- the only exception is the first level, where you need to kill everything, but after that only the base (like Dune 2).

if by chance there is a error or a unexpected mission failure tell me. 

• 1 year later...

Update! (more information in the first post).

This campaing have recieved an update with several changes.

Now works with the launcher, the text.uib isn't needed, only .ini files.

Also, some part in the missions were more boring than harder, so I changed that.

All the missions recieved changes, some are minor (at least you played this maps several times you are not going to notice the changes), but others have really big changes, like a new map to avoid the boredom of traveling with infantry/troopers in a big map, or the elimination of the mission 2, making this campaing with 8 missions instead 9.

Also, the sandworm now is present in the whole game, so even when the map barely changes, the present of the sandworm eating your harversers when you aren't looking makes the mission harder (early levels players will have some help to avoid the worms more easily).

The first post is updated with the new version and some images. People who played this maybe can remember the level with the devastator, just the image show the map is totally different.

Some message in mid game are added as a reminder or to help what is going on. The third image is a good example.

Update! (more information in the first post).

This campaing have recieved an update with several changes.

Now works with the launcher, the text.uib isn't needed, only .ini files.

Also, some part in the missions were more boring than harder, so I changed that.

All the missions recieved changes, some are minor (at least you played this maps several times you are not going to notice the changes), but others have really big changes, like a new map to avoid the boredom of traveling with infantry/troopers in a big map, or the elimination of the mission 2, making this campaing with 8 missions instead 9.

Also, the sandworm now is present in the whole game, so even when the map barely changes, the present of the sandworm eating your harversers when you aren't looking makes the mission harder (early levels players will have some help to avoid the worms more easily).

The first post is updated with the new version and some images. People who played this maybe can remember the level with the devastator, just the image show the map is totally different.

Some message in mid game are added as a reminder or to help what is going on. The third image is a good example.

Added to D2K+, enjoy: https://d2kplus.com/a-new-house/

• 1 year later...