Looking for Dune 2000 Multiplayer/Skirmish maps

FunkyFr3sh

I would like to have a collection of all multiplayer maps that exist to add them as automatic download for the new CnCNet lobby! Do you have any maps? Post them in here!

the maps can also contain a custom prac.mis, the CnCNet lobby does now load a separate prac.mis for each map just like in Single-Player!

Hard AI mods and any other kind of multiplayer mods/missions are welcome! Please add the name of the map and a short description of the mod incase you have a matching prac.mis too!

Feda already created some new multiplayer co-op missions, he will provide them as example later

-

here is an example multiplayer mission made by dato:

http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/d2k/example_mission.zip

When you place a .mis file using the same name as the map into your game folder then cncnet will use that file instead of _SPAWN.mis (_PRAC.mis) and it enables the full Single-Player functionality. Make sure you are adding the Win/Fail trigger to your .mis file like in this example! Atreides (0) counts as Player1 in multiplayer and Harkonnen (1) as player2 etc ...

• Upvote 2

nice thanks :) do these work with all maps? just wondering since you didnt include a map

i think we maybe need to customize skirmish .mis files a lil since the new system on cncnet works like SinglePlayer :/ i tried it today with a standard prac.mis but that didnt work, maybe there is no game win/lose trigger in the standard file? something is missing in it i guess, but all the singleplayer missions have the needed part... i will have to wait for feda, maybe he knows more about that stuff

nice thanks :) do these work with all maps? just wondering since you didnt include a map

i think we maybe need to customize skirmish .mis files a lil since the new system on cncnet works like SinglePlayer :/ i tried it today with a standard prac.mis but that didnt work, maybe there is no game win/lose trigger in the standard file? something is missing in it i guess, but all the singleplayer missions have the needed part... i will have to wait for feda, maybe he knows more about that stuff

Yes, prac.mis is empty when it comes to events so if u're using missions.exe game probably will crash. Win/lose practice events are disabled with missions.exe, so everything has to be scripted in spawn/prac.

Yes, I crated a few missions. They were all tested through hamachi, and all are 2 player coops. Proper readme's not included, sorry. Deva defence needs 2 AI, erg coops need 2 or 3 AI, depending on 2v2 or 2v3. Ordos coops need 4 mostly.

Missions that require the dune2k-missions.exe file:

Dune 2000 Co-Op Ordos MIssions

Devastator Defence

Missions that use a custom prac but don't have events included (AI challenge skirmish)

2v2 & 2v3 3-factory AI hab-erg II coop

Here's another one. You need 2 humans and 4 AIs. It was intended that player 1 plays the mercenaries (ordos) and player 2 the harkonnen.

Btw. I saw that you can play the real mercenaries in practice by changing PlayerSide to 6 in the dune2000.ini Unfortunately that doesn't work when other human players are involved.

Coop mission.zip

Magier: We tried the map today, everything works fine :) I noticed that player2 (top right) does not have any buildings on the map and his main mcv is locked in on the bottom, this will cause the game to center the view over the locked in mcv at the start and might be a bit confusing for some people since you have to scroll around and find your base. I didnt knew about this before, but maybe it is the best to place at least 1building on the map for the human players in case the mcv is locked in :D

Yeah that happens with my erg coops too. I think placing a silo would be a good workaround when the mission designer doesnt want a player to own real useful buildings. A wall would be even better in theory but I not sure if it works to center view on it.

does a wall drain power? would prolly the best thing to place if it does not :) A silo drains power i think, this would slow down your building speed :D In the worst case you will have to place a power plant

Oh yea forgot the power aspect. Walls do not drain power.

You could always sell it on spawn.

we need it 100% noob compatible :D no one would sell a building, d'oh! Except there is a event to sell/blow it up automatically, that would be cool (thats how im doing it in red alert 1 cause we have the same problem with the view there)

• 2 weeks later...

Magier: We tried the map today, everything works fine :) I noticed that player2 (top right) does not have any buildings on the map and his main mcv is locked in on the bottom, this will cause the game to center the view over the locked in mcv at the start and might be a bit confusing for some people since you have to scroll around and find your base. I didnt knew about this before, but maybe it is the best to place at least 1building on the map for the human players in case the mcv is locked in :D

Oh thanks, next time I'll give everyone at least 1 building.

@dato 2000

That was intentional, because the humans should work together. In the beginning player 1 is stronger and has to defend both. Later player 2 might become stronger because he has a construction yard and more space to expand.

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...

Hi, guys. I created some maps for my mod. All maps implemented for modified Tilesets of this mod, but I can change them for standart BGBS, etc. Look at the maps scenshots  and tell me what you like. Then I update maps. Maps names are normal too, but for now post just numbers.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3sIFwvou1uQUGZZYlVlTHdnSVE&usp=sharing