Dune 2000 config (RUS)

Dato

dune2000rus_config.jpg

now we can change dune 2000 game settings more easy and change somethings what we cant before also now we got dune 2000 config with russian interface  :)

dune 2000 config file download here: http://dune2000.my1.ru/load/0-0-0-53-20

copy dune2000RUSConfig.exe in game folder then run it and change all settings as you want.

thanks funky for make dune 2000 config

• Upvote 3

Not bad! Thank you, dato 2000 !

-------------

But, excuse me, IMHO, it needs some little corrections. Take it easy  :) , you did good work, I just want to help make it perhaps slightly better !

So. First column, second row "Скорость прокрутки" ("Scroll rate") -- you omit "o".

Then I need some explanation to understand better ENSLISH words for correct Russian translation.

1) "Slow sidebar scrolling" -- your translation "Медленный боковой панель" looks strange. I don't know, for what this option? What do the option do in the game ?

2) Next. "SFX Volume". What does abbreviation mean "SFX" ? I understand that is volume of units speech... But you left "SFX" in Russian translation: "Громкость SFX". I'm not sure, that it's right.

3) The same -- "Force No-CD" -- you just write  "No CD patch" somewhere with Russian characters. "No CD патч".

How I can understand, this option means that we do not use original CD with vanilla game during gameplay. Or no?

"Медленный боковой панель"

wtf? :laugh:  maybe type like this: "Медленная прокрутка боковой панели".

I will not download this config(afraid of viruses). Therefore can't say strictly what really this option doing.

But I guess it need for more accurate scrolling which able to scrolling icon one by one.

to dato 2000:

If you work with google translate, try translate backward. Translation in two directions clarifies result.

My english still too bad, but at least you can understand. Unfortunately google normally works only when

convert text from other languages to english.

wtf? :laugh:  maybe type like this: "Медленная прокрутка боковой панели".

I will not download this config(afraid of viruses). Therefore can't say strictly what really this option doing.

But I guess it need for more accurate scrolling which able to scrolling icon one by one.

to dato 2000:

If you work with google translate, try translate backward. Translation in two directions clarifies result.

My english still too bad, but at least you can understand. Unfortunately google normally works only when

convert text from other languages to english.

all can understend it who know whats mean this function what you dont like? so how you will write about this function? its not virus all who think its virus they ar idiots and afraid bad its not man's style :)   

Not bad! Thank you, dato 2000 !

-------------

But, excuse me, IMHO, it needs some little corrections. Take it easy  :) , you did good work, I just want to help make it perhaps slightly better !

So. First column, second row "Скорость прокрутки" ("Scroll rate") -- you omit "o".

Then I need some explanation to understand better ENSLISH words for correct Russian translation.

1) "Slow sidebar scrolling" -- your translation "Медленный боковой панель" looks strange. I don't know, for what this option? What do the option do in the game ?

2) Next. "SFX Volume". What does abbreviation mean "SFX" ? I understand that is volume of units speech... But you left "SFX" in Russian translation: "Громкость SFX". I'm not sure, that it's right.

3) The same -- "Force No-CD" -- you just write  "No CD patch" somewhere with Russian characters. "No CD патч".

How I can understand, this option means that we do not use original CD with vanilla game during gameplay. Or no?

1) Slow sidebar scrolling slows the speed you can scroll at using the mouse wheel.

2) "SFX" means "sound effects"

3) Yes, if the option is disabled it will state you need to insert the game CD.

• Upvote 2

whats mean this function what you dont like?

Don't like? ahaha :D just don't care. 100 years go by without it and will continue to. ahahaha)))

all who think its virus they ar idiots

ok, i'm idiot... Who does not want to run on own PC any shit. Sometimes It may be fraught with XP.

its not virus

You found and have studied the source code?

Few years ago I combed 50 google pages(and 30 yandex pages) on request "Dune 2000" in try to find

all kinds of information. Executing different shit I caught a bunch of viruses(trojans, rootkits

and any kind of worms). Infected was literally everything.

So, no, thanks. Already taught by bitter experience.

I can help in correct translate to ru, but execute any shit at my PC - no way.

;) Trolling detected.

"SFX" means "sound effects"

Thank you, Gruntlord6 ! FX - ef eks = effects ? Funny.

So, "SFX Volume" is "Sound Effects Volume".

In Russian "Громкость звуковых эффектов". Slightly long caption... And not very informative. "Music volume" and "Sound effects volume". Music is sound effect too. Not bad, but perhaps somebody can found something better. "Units volume" ? (not quite...)

This .exe is screaming the words "false positive", how can one not hear them?

Btw theres that thing called anti-virus/anti-malware, use it. Hope u arent one of those AV haters who say "im pro i can spot a virus without AV they only eat RAM".

There's also VirusTotal.com where u can upload an .exe and have it checked by most reliable AV products. Not to mention running it in a virtual pc if so paranoid. Plenty ways :D

• Upvote 3

First of all, I LIKE it. I like this program. Thank you, dato 2000. :)

I just ask. So, what does this function mean? I really don't know.

thank you Adriano for like, about question Gruntlord6 answer it thanks him for that and about Громкость SFX i write it cuz Громкость звуковых эффектов is very long i not have space for write all that you see it so i think write SFX its ok. i cant write all properties of this functions...

;) Trolling detected.

Thank you, Gruntlord6 ! FX - ef eks = effects ? Funny.

So, "SFX Volume" is "Sound Effects Volume".

In Russian "Громкость звуковых эффектов". Slightly long caption... And not very informative. "Music volume" and "Sound effects volume". Music is sound effect too. Not bad, but perhaps somebody can found something better. "Units volume" ? (not quite...)

They are fairly universal terms for sound and music, music is usually separate from the other sound effects in games. 

thank you Adriano for like, about question Gruntlord6 answer it thanks him for that and about Громкость SFX i write it cuz Громкость звуковых эффектов is very long i not have space for write all that you see it so i think write SFX its ok. i cant write all properties of this functions...

All these things are all right.

Error in "Scroll Rate" caption is already edited, as I can see. 

But, excuse me, translation of caption "Slow Sidebar Scrolling" is totally WRONG. Now it means "Slow side panel". And even it has syntax error now: "Медленный боковой панель".

1) Slow sidebar scrolling slows the speed you can scroll at using the mouse wheel.

BUT... I still can not understand.... What do this option really do?  :)

I try to choose the check-box in the program and I check it in Dune2000.ini (yes/no) . But mouse wheel works in both cases! It moves buildings pictures on sidebar. ONE building up or down (with checked and unchecked option).

OK. Another problem is next. Translation. In THIS CASE Russian words are much longer than English words. "Sidebar" is "боковая панель"; "mouse wheel" is "колёсико мышки" or "колесо мыши". 

What about this meaning for this option: "Using the mouse wheel" ? 

"Использовать колёсико мышки".

P.S. Now I see name of topic on forum here: "Sidebar MouseWheel scrolling". Is THIS right for that option?

I think about this translation. It must be understandable and readable and not very long at the same time.

Caption "Slow sidebar scrolling by mouse wheel" - rus. "Медленная прокрутка боковой панели колесом мыши" will be understandable. But too long.

I remain about Hint. And it can be in 2 rows. We can make abbreviation of some words in main caption and full text in Hint.

Caption: Медл. прокрутка бок. панели

or

Медл. прокрутка

бок. панели

It has no errors at least. Excuse me, but current caption "Медленный боковой панель" is nonsense.

And Hint:

Медленная прокрутка боковой панели колесом мыши

or

Медленная прокрутка боко-

вой панели колесом мыши.

• 3 months later...