CnCNet 5 now supports Dune 2000! Play Dune 2000 Online, now!

FunkyFr3sh

• 2 months later...
the lastest updates are giving me "this video card does not support the requiered modes, please open the dune 2000 config program and change your resolution". a few updates ago I didn't have this issue. I've tried to use "windows 8 compatibility mode" on dune2000-spawn.exe and it worked, but this gives you random freezes or gametricks error. the only temporal solution I found so far is changing the gamefolder's name everytime I start a new game/skirmish.

anyone else with this problem? any solid solution?

the lastest updates are giving me "this video card does not support the requiered modes, please open the dune 2000 config program and change your resolution". a few updates ago I didn't have this issue. I've tried to use "windows 8 compatibility mode" on dune2000-spawn.exe and it worked, but this gives you random freezes or gametricks error. the only temporal solution I found so far is changing the gamefolder's name everytime I start a new game/skirmish.

anyone else with this problem? any solid solution?

some players have this problem its not for cncnet update its for windows update win 8 or 10 have  this problem and players who get this problem i sended them this version you try too extract archive in any free folder and run launcher i hope it will fix your problem

some players have this problem its not for cncnet update its for windows update win 8 or 10 have  this problem and players who get this problem i sended them this version you try too extract archive in any free folder and run launcher i hope it will fix your problem

I've tried your version but it's still the same. Thanks anyway! :)

Yes this bug is still not fixed :(

Do you have dxwnd enabled or not? Did you try to enable/disable it and see if it makes a difference?

Yep, I've tried it. No effect at all. Now that I realize this is a windows problem, if I can "fix" it by changing the game folder's name; we should try to look on that behavior in order to understand what's happening.

Yep, I've tried it. No effect at all. Now that I realize this is a windows problem, if I can "fix" it by changing the game folder's name; we should try to look on that behavior in order to understand what's happening.

It still happened for the download Dato gave you?

Can you try changing your dune 2000 resolution to the highest possible and see if that works?

Can you give file a try? http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/temp/dune2000-spawn.exe

I don't have win10 so i cannot test on my own sadly

Edit:

Just tested that file with dxwnd and it works great, i could set very strange resolutions and didnt get the video mode error anymore!

I guess it will always work in window mode, would be nice if you could check fullscreen too

Good news! Seems like your dune2000-spawn.exe is fully working, we're playing right now. We're using the highest res on fullscreen. Although right now the game gives us a new error (I'm attaching a jpeg). But I think is an isolated error. No more "this video card does not support..." I'll try a few more times. But I can say the bug seems to be gone... 

2cfuzyv.jpg

can you now also play with lower resolutions? you tried with and without dxwnd?

I'll try later or tomorrow on lower resolutions. Meanwhile I can tell you that without DxWnd the game does not start giving me the error attached. Otherwise playing with DxWnd seems going ok.

2wp3xid.jpg

I created a new test file with logging, would be nice if you could run that skuallx and upload/paste the "Dune2000Debug.txt" in here, try it without dxwnd, then rename the file or copy it somewhere, afterwards rename your folder and start the game again so we have the test results of the working startup and one of the bugged startup

http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/temp/dune2000-spawn.exe

i'm also interested in the results from any other windows 8/10 user, post up your logs and add a note if you are also running into the bug or if you game works fine

Good question :D It is a bug in windows, probably related to some registry keys

Yeah, crossed my mind too. At least it's working now with your new dune2000-spawn.exe. Hope you can find a perm solution.

Other topic, (if I may)  I'm still waiting for a enable/disable option for build queues. Will this option ever be available? Btw I love the new "short game" option.

• Upvote 1

Well, we will just set the 16bitcolor compat mode now via cncnet and the installers and we should be good to go until we found out why this happens

Build queues will never be available online sorry, why don't you check out openra? They have a lot of such gameplay changes and you might like it, I don't want to have such things in online games since the production is one of the most important skills to learn in dune 2000, I also don't add such things to Red Alert 1 or CnC1 since these games are about fast clicking too. Thats just how people always played these games, the fastest clicker wins :D

I'm totally agreed. I share every word you said. But I will keep thinking that that feature is interesting and there's no harm on having an option to play with or without it; let the players decide. We (me and my brother) play custom maps on LAN that I made in which 2 vs 6AI is almost imposible, and "queues feature" may give us a chance to win. I think that would be nice to have the option at least on LAN games, so people like me are free to use it or not; by not compromising the online game, but still enjoying the features that cncnet give us. Btw I have tried openra, but not my thing. Dune 2000 is Dune 2000 :D

Good work! and Thanks!!! I'm here for future testings ;)

I'm totally agreed. I share every word you said. But I will keep thinking that that feature is interesting and there's no harm on having an option to play with or without it; let the players decide. We (me and my brother) play custom maps on LAN that I made in which 2 vs 6AI is almost imposible, and "queues feature" may give us a chance to win. I think that would be nice to have the option at least on LAN games, so people like me are free to use it or not; by not compromising the online game, but still enjoying the features that cncnet give us. Btw I have tried openra, but not my thing. Dune 2000 is Dune 2000 :D

Good work! and Thanks!!! I'm here for future testings ;)

i updated it now, it will works thx funky for found this weird problem! download new version here

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...