CnCNet 5 now supports Dune 2000! Play Dune 2000 Online, now!

FunkyFr3sh

ra skirmish works with just 1player, the game end trigger seems to fire once the last unit was destroyed. in dune it is different, no unit needs to get destroyed to trigger the end, it prolly has some loop to check how many units are left and if the value is 0 then it just fires up the game end trigger

yes, the hard ai still sucks :/ money wont help them, i played some skirmish games and checked how fast they are using the 40k and it took ages for them to take advantage of it

Luminars AI is good, but it doesn't keep track of money in the slightest. Perhaps use it as the "Brutal" AI?

Im not sure if having multiple AIs in a single _prac or _spawm is possible. As luminar's ai has some bytes changed. So if a player selects one hard AI and one brutal, the _prac/spawn has to have both. Maybe funky will find s magical solution for this as well, as he found for many other issues :D

nope, been doing other stuff :( I guess i will do the selectable starting locations first cause the alliances are not so nice without it (you know, the good ol 2vs2 top vs bottom problem)

is there any progress with selectable starting locations? i have a few rare maps that i want to try this feature :)

• Upvote 1

Currently you can follow the progress here: https://github.com/cnc-patch

engine1 is red alert 1, thats what i am working on atm :) iran is working on engine2 (red alert 2)

I ported most of irans ra1 patches to the new patching framework and started to add some new stuff too. Mainly multiplayer features, but i also fixed the problem with the too fast scroll rate and some other things that could be of use for singleplayer too at some point (once i ported his other singleplayer patches)

• Upvote 2

I ported most of irans ra1 patches to the new patching framework and started to add some new stuff too.

Hey if you guys ever add an option for indestructible ore ill buy you guys a beer  :happy:

In fact where is the paypal donate button?

How so, indestructible? You mean taking no damage from weapons?

Yea. Iran stumbled across the code at one point but was too busy with other projects to implement it properly into the client.

Instead he passed me a modded .exe with indestructible ore enabled and for the first time ever I was able to play 7 AI on the old maps without stalemating in the first 20 minutes. The ore in such games is depleted far faster due to the fighting more than the ore trucks.

I thought it would be a massive improvement to the economy and give people on-line the choice to play something other than those ridiculous bland infinite ore maps.

I'm trying to play a .MAP with "Bloxice" tileset over CNC5NET. I just found that I need to create a special .MIS file for that map, to use that tileset. However once in the game; shows up the units; but right away finish the game throwing me to the stats battle screen. Am I doing something wrong?

Yeah he is talking about that. The AI goes for Ore Trucks a lot IIRC.

Ah, might be good to read that setting from maps, not sure if it would be working for all maps

I'm trying to play a .MAP with "Bloxice" tileset over CNC5NET. I just found that I need to create a special .MIS file for that map, to use that tileset. However once in the game; shows up the units; but right away finish the game throwing me to the stats battle screen. Am I doing something wrong?

once you put a .map file with a matching .mis file (same name) into the folder the game will go into co-op mode and it enables all singleplayer features, you will need to add a game win/lose trigger to the .mis file to make it working properly, you can check the co-op maps to see how its done :)

• Upvote 1

I know that the Build Queues Patch is not working with CNC5NET online. But, I can't use it in Skirmish either. Is this correct? By the way @FunkyFr3sh how do you suggest is the best way to start a poll for voting to add an option to get a "enable / disable option" in cnc5net for queues support? Thanks.