CnCNet 5 now supports Dune 2000! Play Dune 2000 Online, now!

FunkyFr3sh

logo.png

CnCNet 5 now supports Dune 2000!

cncnet5-dune2000.png

This is the initial release supporting Online/LAN/Skirmish games, more features will be added in the coming months (e.g. Map Previews..)

Have the game already? Download CnCNet 5 here! (Dune 2000 version 1.06 is required)

Don't have the game yet? Our friends over at gruntmods.com have updated their game packages to support CnCNet 5 out of the box! Visit their site for more info

-

www.cncnet.org

• Upvote 6

I heard the online AI is much harder than skirmish, i still need to test this :) I would try to enable the online AI for skirmish if possible

but you can use your own custom ai in this lobby too, the file is named _SPAWN.mis for cncnet, you will need to reanme your _PRAC.mis if you like to play it in the new lobby

CnCNet grows! We just had a new record yesterday "Our all-time high was total of 373 players connected on September 28, 2014"

A lot of dune players joining in randomly all day, up to 5 dune games are running at the same time at peak! Join up now!

View the stats for the last 24hours here: http://cncnet.org/network-status

Take that Tiberian Dawn!

Update:

the handicap setting has been added (finally!)

Skirmish has been changed, i gave the AI players a money boost and removed some checks to try to get them as good as in online games. cncnet skirmish works now different than the normal skirmish, in the normal skirmish the Easy/Med/Hard setting is changing the handicap of the player (different prices) and it does also change the way the ai behaves, i wanted to have the handicap setting separated from the ai difficulty :D Now you can change your handicap to 1star (easy) and play with low prices but at the same time keep the AI at the Hard difficulty.

Go ahead and try it out, the cncnet skirmish AI is now much better than the original one!

• Upvote 2

Update:

the handicap setting has been added (finally!)

Skirmish has been changed, i gave the AI players a money boost and removed some checks to try to get them as good as in online games. cncnet skirmish works now different than the normal skirmish, in the normal skirmish the Easy/Med/Hard setting is changing the handicap of the player (different prices) and it does also change the way the ai behaves, i wanted to have the handicap setting separated from the ai difficulty :D Now you can change your handicap to 1star (easy) and play with low prices but at the same time keep the AI at the Hard difficulty.

Go ahead and try it out, the cncnet skirmish AI is now much better than the original one!

Great job man! 

• 2 weeks later...