[RELEASE] Build Queues Patch

mvi

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Greetings, I registered purely to get help with getting this to run. Running Win7 x64.

I've done the following:

Installed Dune 2000 and patched it to 1.06 using the Official Patch ( https://d2kplus.com/dune-2000-official-1-06-patch/ )

Applied Sub Houses Fix ( https://d2kplus.com/sub-houses-fix/ )

Applied Mission Select Menu ( https://d2kplus.com/mission-select-menu/ )

Applied High Res Patch ( https://d2kplus.com/high-resolution-patch/ )

Up to this point everything works nice and dandy.

But then I tried adding the Building Queues Patch ( https://d2kplus.com/build-queues-patch/) and the game just crashes the second I start any campaign mission.

At first I just replaced the DUNE2000.EXE with the Building Queues Patch one, result is the aforementioned crash.

Then I read this topic and followed Gruntlord's suggestion of using original exe and instead changing the extension of Building Queues exe into .DAT and replacing DUNE2000.DAT

The result is still the same crash issue.

Can anyone help me out and tell me how can I get this to work with high res patch, sub houses fix and the mission select menu? Even just high res patch and building queues patch alone would be fine really.

I just want to replay the game from my childhood after all these years.

Canzah,  I try answer your question. May be later somebody will write something better.

As for me, I like GruntMods Edition of Dune 2000. In resolution 1280x720 (not very big images, not very small).
:) All inclusive. No need to install patches. (Almost) Every newest improvements are here.
https://gruntmods.com/dune_2000_gruntmods_edition/

Excepting the Build Queues Patch. There is no this patch in the GruntMods Edition.
You can downnoad it here.
Then you can rename it, as you wish. For example, Dune_queue.exe. And copy it to folder, where dune2000.exe is.

So, in this way, you will get 2 files for Dune 2000 start. Standard dune2000.exe and Dune_queue.exe.

Any questions? :)

• Upvote 1

You are welcome, Canzah!

I speak not fluent in English. So I was waiting for some time, may be English-speaking users (or authors of the patches and mods) answer to you. Because I must translate all these words in my head before to write. :)

Anyway, English forum is possibility do not forget this language.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Hi! I ask to forgive me for my Enlish) I have same problem with queue patch and other patches, especially hi-resolution patch and need your help! Could you explain in details how I can run my patched version of Dune2k (patched in same way as your version of game) and queue-patch? 

• 1 year later...

I also discovered you seeminly cannot use both the building queues and the high resolutions patch together. Instead I did what Adriano said and installed the Gruntmods Edition of Dune2000. You can then use the Build-Queues EXE with it (don't forget to copy over movies if you want them, since those are not included there). The Gruntmods Launcher allows you to do Hi-Res patching.

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr said:

Any chance on getting this to work with latest GruntMods edition?

Gosh, I haven't seen you in a few! Hope all's well with ya, mate.

To my knowledge, the build queues patch was built on an old version of the exe and doesn't work anymore. Unfortunately. Hopefully I'm wrong and someone else knows a way to get it started, in which case I'd be quite interested too. :P

4 minutes ago, Fey said:

To my knowledge, the build queues patch was built on an old version of the exe and doesn't work anymore. Unfortunately. Hopefully I'm wrong and someone else knows a way to get it started, in which case I'd be quite interested too. :P

From what I also know, it would require patching the most up to date exe, by someone who knows how to work on that level. So that would be either mvi, who made it initially, or Funky, but something tells me Funky is done with features for Dune 2000 xD Besides, even if he did it, he'd never add that exe on the cncnet installation, as he mentioned some time ago. So yea, just putting iit out there for you so that nobody gets their hopes too high for this to work again, it's pretty unlikely for now.

On 5/25/2020 at 8:39 AM, Fey said:

Aye, last time I was here I was all set to mod, but days later some shit IRL happened. Nothing bad, just new job took all my time away.

On 5/25/2020 at 8:49 AM, Feda said:

From what I also know, it would require patching the most up to date exe, by someone who knows how to work on that level. So that would be either mvi, who made it initially, or Funky, but something tells me Funky is done with features for Dune 2000 xD Besides, even if he did it, he'd never add that exe on the cncnet installation, as he mentioned some time ago. So yea, just putting iit out there for you so that nobody gets their hopes too high for this to work again, it's pretty unlikely for now.

I remember someone, perhaps Funky, said the build queue was controversial? Some die hard CnCNet players didn't want it for multiplayer balance reasons, and that's why it won't be included with CnCNet. I just got my computer up and running, and downloaded and installed Dune 2000 grunts mod edition. The Launcher it comes with is awesome, it has all these new campaigns, plus CnCNet multiplayer.

I downloaded the build queue and replaced the exe. The biggest difference I noticed was the main menu, the score screen, the cutscenes, etc., are no longer centered on my monitor. Also the extra menu features were gone, like accessing the custom campaigns.

The build queue makes fielding infantry armies so much less tedious lol. It makes building armies less tedious. It makes everything less tedious.

Edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

5 hours ago, DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr said:

Aye, last time I was here I was all set to mod, but days later some shit IRL happened. Nothing bad, just new job took all my time away.

Hey, nothing wrong with that, man! There's dignity to work, even if it does take all your time. :)

5 hours ago, DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr said:

The build queue makes fielding infantry armies so much less tedious lol. It makes building armies less tedious. It makes everything less tedious.

Agreed. I understand the multiplayer balance argument and actually like not having a queue on one hand, but on the other hand if we had the ability to, like, deploy two infantry at once, or queue up to like five of them...

I've just gotten used to playing on max speed and keeping the sidebar grayed out. It does take getting used to, but, yeah.

If only we could dissect the special behavior for units. I suppose having infantry spawn two at a time like Fremen without the stealth or special sidebar or AI behavior would immediately fix the lack of a queue. We've been cracking game behavior nonstop these days, so maybe someday soon that'll be possible. In the meantime, have you kept up with Klofkac's map and mission editor? We can make working pre-placed concrete and vehicle-only paths now, among other things. :D

Edited by Fey

I remember playing with the queue patch some time ago; but I think I never manage to use it the few times I played on the net with a friend.

8 hours ago, DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr said:

The Launcher it comes with is awesome, it has all these new campaigns, plus CnCNet multiplayer.

Just letting you know that there are even more campaigns available.
https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/27756-all-completed-mods-and-tools-index-dune-2000/

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2020 at 3:28 AM, DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr said:

Any chance on getting this to work with latest GruntMods edition?

Would love to see this.  I couldn't get into Dune 2000 until I tried the GrundMods edition,  but I was still finding the building of units tedious, and was about to give up until I discovered there was a build queue patch. 

Would personally donate to see such an integration. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/6/2014 at 9:51 AM, FunkyFr3sh said:

i fully agree, thats why i told him to make sure this does not work online cause it is a very powerful cheat and would destroy the game quickly

but even if it does not work online, i still think it is bad for the game .. some people might starting to play with this offline and then refuse to play online cause they dont have their cheat there :/

Not sure you have the pulse on what is best here.   In 2020, C&C remastered was released, and it was universally praised.  It had a build queue.   Even today, there are modders improving the UI  and QoL further.   After mvi released his patch here, his next post was him retiring,  possibly because of flak from the MP community.   He received nearly 40,000 downloads for that patch.   

Found info from update 1.6.1.9.1 of gruntmods edition that "Temporarily removed the build queues patch by MVI, it will be added back in a future release", so probably in previous versions (1.6.9.1 or 1.6.1.8 and below) this function is been? Maybe someone have gruntmods edition installers of 1.6.1.9 or 1.6.1.8 versions. Links in gruntmods.com site for this updates are dead

19 minutes ago, radvanik said:

Tried it already. But something wrong with this version, can't explain what exactly, just feelings. I prefer original version and queues in it would ideal for me

Same. I think in part it's because it uses a blinding Fog of War system, that OG Dune 2000 didn't use.   The whole push to use FOW in 2D games is very odd to me.   

On 8/5/2021 at 10:16 PM, Caveman Retrographic said:

Not sure you have the pulse on what is best here.   In 2020, C&C remastered was released, and it was universally praised.  It had a build queue.   Even today, there are modders improving the UI  and QoL further.   After mvi released his patch here, his next post was him retiring,  possibly because of flak from the MP community.   He received nearly 40,000 downloads for that patch.   

I think the remaster was the perfect example, it had tens of thousands of players and lost all of them rapidly, It took less than 3 month until the original game had more games hosted on it than the remaster. Now one year later you can be lucky to find just a single game hosted on the remaster.

This is just what happens if you try to oversimplify a simple game

• 3 weeks later...