Railroad Tycoon Deluxe problem

I found two locomotives, the 4-6-6-4 Challenger & the Re Class 6/6 introduced in the game manual were not available in game. Any one know if there are special conditions to unlock the engines, or actually it's not included in game?

Yuwana,

I am not really an authority when it comes to using the Editor, but I have had to check engines in the Editor to see which ones were "supposed" to be available for a particular scenario.    I believe the there is an "engine" item, which will bring up all the engines available for the system.    Those engines which are specifically for a particular scenario is "checked" in their particial box.   This could answer you problem, but I have had problems with "engines" in prior scenarios.   Good Luck.  :unsure:

I found two locomotives, the 4-6-6-4 Challenger & the Re Class 6/6 introduced in the game manual were not available in game. Any one know if there are special conditions to unlock the engines, or actually it's not included in game?

Railroad Tycoon Deluxe....that sure brings back some memories.

I don't think I ever played a game that reached the years where those locomotives were available - certainly not in the case of the RE Class 6/6, which the manual shows as being introduced in 1972. And it would have been only for the European scenarios. For 4-6-6-4 Challenger it would have been the 1930s. Did you get to those years?

Railroad Tycoon Deluxe....that sure brings back some memories.

I don't think I ever played a game that reached the years where those locomotives were available - certainly not in the case of the RE Class 6/6, which the manual shows as being introduced in 1972. And it would have been only for the European scenarios. For 4-6-6-4 Challenger it would have been the 1930s. Did you get to those years?

I did get to 1930s in the American scenarios, even I play the game until 1990s, I did not see the Challenger.

For the European scenario, the latest starting year for the Europe map is 1870s. Since the game design limit the players running a railroad for 100 year only, I reach endgame in 1970 and can never play till 1972. Also, RE Class 6/6 never appeared before 1970.

I did get to 1930s in the American scenarios, even I play the game until 1990s, I did not see the Challenger.

For the European scenario, the latest starting year for the Europe map is 1870s. Since the game design limit the players running a railroad for 100 year only, I reach endgame in 1970 and can never play till 1972. Also, RE Class 6/6 never appeared before 1970.

I re-installed the game just to look at the file list to see whether I could find a readable engine list. I could not, and saw no way to answer your question one way or another. Of course, after installing, I couldn't resist starting a game for old time's sake. Didn't stay with it long. :)

Personally, I prefer the original Railroad Tycoon version over RRT Deluxe. But neither can compete with RRT II for lasting enjoyment.