new settings file "dune2000.ini" - goodbye dune2000.cfg

FunkyFr3sh

dune2000.cfg = abandoned

The new settings file is much easier to edit, all you need is a text editor like the standard windows notepad.

Many new cool things will be added to this file soon (e.g. no-cd patch on/off)

Of course we gonna need a nice config tool to edit this file too (not sure when im going to do that :D )

-

take the hex number (e.g. 0x46 - F key) and convert it to dec here: http://www.binaryhexconverter.com/hex-to-decimal-converter

Here is how it looks currently:

[MultiPlayer]
FirstTimePlay=No
UnitCount=10
TechLevel=7
StartingCredits=7000
AIPlayers=0
Crates=No
Worms=0
PlayerName=NONAME
PlayerSide=0
PlayerColor=0
IPAddress=
ModemPhone=
SerialComPort=1
[Options]
ScrollRate=20
GameSpeed=75
GameBitsPerPixel=16
SFXVolume=100
MusicVolume=100
[WOL]
AllowFindUser=Yes
AllowPageUser=Yes
LanguageFilter=No
ShowAllGames=No
Microphone=No
[Hotkeys]
SelectAllUnits=69
Scatter=88
CenterNextUnit=78
Repair=84
Sell=89
Guard=71
CenterBase=72
Stop=83
Bookmark1=120
Bookmark2=121
Bookmark3=122
Bookmark4=123
SidebarUp=38
SidebarDown=40
Alliance=65
Retreat=82
OptionsMenu=27
Team1=49
Team2=50
Team3=51
Team4=52
Team5=53
Team6=54
Team7=55
Team8=56
Team9=57
Team10=48
CTRL=17
ALT=18
SHIFT=16
PrivateChat1=112
PrivateChat2=113
PrivateChat3=114
PrivateChat4=115
PrivateChat5=116
PublicChat=117
WOLPageReply=119
WOLProposeDraw=68
CenterSelectedUnits=36

• Upvote 8

Wine does the job pretty fine for now.

-

What about a settings button inside the game itself?

Would be too much work i guess and no fun doing it :D an external config will do the job, might be added to the game launcher later

ugh, funky, separate your ini sections with empty lines! :P

using winapi, do you have a C version of Nyerguds.ini so i can move to that one ? :D

A few new settings have been added:

"MultiPlayer", "PlayerHandicap"

"Options", "MoviesEnabled"

("Options", "SoundsEnabled"

"Options", "SkipIntro"

"Options", "VideoBackBuffer"

"Options", "DebugMode"

"Options", "ForceNoCD"

there is also a new param "-window" to run the game in window mode (this is more for testing reasons, it wont work that well)

test file http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/78207005/file.html

• Upvote 3

yes, i already added one feature from window mode to fullscreen :D there are also other special features, in window mode you can see small numbers next to the units (seems to be something like the order of the units Guard/attack etc) and another thing i noticed was the additional info when you hover over a unit :D maybe there is more cool stuff but i didnt look through everything now

yes, i already added one feature from window mode to fullscreen :D there are also other special features, in window mode you can see small numbers next to the units (seems to be something like the order of the units Guard/attack etc) and another thing i noticed was the additional info when you hover over a unit :D maybe there is more cool stuff but i didnt look through everything now

When you change the fullscreen/window bool (0x004EB008) during fullscreen gameplay to window mode (=0), you get the debug features, but in fullscreen mode. Only problem with this method is that it speeds up the game massively. This faster speed must have been for AI testing.

When you change the fullscreen/window bool (0x004EB008) during fullscreen gameplay to window mode (=0), you get the debug features, but in fullscreen mode. Only problem with this method is that it speeds up the game massively. This faster speed must have been for AI testing.

Finally a solution to test AI files faster!!!!!! :)

Seems like a cool feature.

The new settings file is much easier to edit, all you need is a text editor like the standard windows notepad.

Many new cool things will be added to this file soon (e.g. no-cd patch on/off)

Of course we gonna need a nice config tool to edit this file too (not sure when im going to do that :D )

Excuse me, I'm not quite understand... I cannot find file dune2000.ini here. Must I to create this file myself?

Where dune2000.ini  must be? In which folder?