Dune 2000 1.06p - Game patching (bug fixes, new features)

FunkyFr3sh

I think this string is used in the in-game options menu where gruntlord added a new debug menu

Thank you, I know WHERE is this menu. But I don't understand... what does word "Debug" mean HERE?

Can somebody explain in one or several phrases? Or to find synonym that means exactly or nearly the same.

So now I cannot find exact Russian analogue.

You can get back to the original string table via dune2000.iini, Language=

(remove the "rus")

If you like to translate the new strings from english to russian then you gotta open text.uib to find them, then copy them over to textRus.uib

I start to translate other strings and I find another incompatibility with Gruntmod version.

I have never played before "Survival Mode" (in "Select Mission" menu). Now I begin to translate captions from it. So I run Survival Mode.

NB! It works only if file  dune2000.ini has string Language= (blank). If to choose ANY language , then the game in Survival Mode does not work. At least I tried Rus, Fr and Eng.

Maybe it got custom in-game trigger messages? I updated the multi-language download to fill in all the words in english for the new languages, i was hoping to prevent problems like this until everything was translated

It has text that triggers in game (just like campaign does), these strings are unique to survival mode.

So, is it possible to run "Survival Mode" in different languages? Or this is not possible now at all?

Next  question. Is there any condition to WIN this Survival Mode? For example, if I change the map and destroy all the enemies.

Another question. I still don't understand, where do some strings used from IniToUib.ini. I would like to see these strings on the screen (how they look like, on buttons, menu, etc).

For example, string TitleSelectMission=Select a mission to start the game.

It seems to me, that when we press button "Select mission" in main menu, then title of next menu is from SelectGameToPlay.

Did survival mode still fail in russian after you updated your russian textRus.uib? That would be strange, then i gotta find out what what the problem is

Select mission is maybe the string from  the custom mission select dialog where you can pick all the missions? Not sure

Excuse me, I don't understand, what exactly I must update? I copied again

http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/d2k/MultiLanguage.zip

and rewrite these files in Dune2000 folder. I can see that English text appears on empty items there. Maybe it needs something else.

And... survival mode fails not only in Russian. It fails in English and French too.
It does not work when I choose in Dune2000.ini file:
Language=Eng or Language=Rus and so on.

IT WORKS only when:
Language=

Maybe this question for Gruntlord, author of Gruntmod...

Russian add-on was removed, just heard it is not an official one. No one knows who made it either, so there is no need to finish it up Adriano.

Do the current translations have the GruntMods strings added? Would it be helpful for me to list them?

Yes, all strings were added (the english versions), so actually the language packs should be working already besides the fact that all the gruntmods strings are showing up in english

Adriano said he had a problem with the surivial mode, I will test that today and once confirmed that everything is working you can already add them to your site. You could add a note that a few words are still not translated and we are looking for translators, that would help to speed it up for sure

Yes, all strings were added (the english versions), so actually the language packs should be working already besides the fact that all the gruntmods strings are showing up in english

Adriano said he had a problem with the surivial mode, I will test that today and once confirmed that everything is working you can already add them to your site. You could add a note that a few words are still not translated and we are looking for translators, that would help to speed it up for sure

I'll take a look, I'm guessing his translation had the strings omitted.

It looks like some of the strings need to be on the right position, the trigger system is using the ID (line number) to get the string. I will update the tool to fill in some emtpy lines to make sure .uib files are synced

Edit:

What are these about, do you use them? Cause those have been changed in your .uib

HarkonnenTestMission=Not Used
OrdosTestMission=Not Used
AMission5V2=Not Used
AMission7V2=Not Used
AMission8V2=Not Used
HMission4V2=Not Used
HMission5V2=Not Used
HMission7V2=Not Used
HMission8V2=Not Used
OMission4V2=OD4 v2
OMission5V2=Not Used
OMission7V2=Not Used
OMission8V2=Not Used
AMission4V2=Not Used

Besides those ones everything should be aligned and working now, MultiLanguage.zip updated

It looks like some of the strings need to be on the right position, the trigger system is using the ID (line number) to get the string. I will update the tool to fill in some emtpy lines to make sure .uib files are synced

Edit:

What are these about, do you use them? Cause those have been changed in your .uib

HarkonnenTestMission=Not Used

OrdosTestMission=Not Used

AMission5V2=Not Used

AMission7V2=Not Used

AMission8V2=Not Used

HMission4V2=Not Used

HMission5V2=Not Used

HMission7V2=Not Used

HMission8V2=Not Used

OMission4V2=OD4 v2

OMission5V2=Not Used

OMission7V2=Not Used

OMission8V2=Not Used

AMission4V2=Not Used

Besides those ones everything should be aligned and working now, MultiLanguage.zip updated

They are used in the mission select screen, if you select them they crash the game because of missing mission files, so I label them accordingly.

Ordos Mission 4v2 was a custom bonus for the GruntMods Edition.

Update:

You can now choose the soundtrack that is going to play during a Mission/Skirmish/MultiPlayer

Random songs are supported too

Example: "0-1=fremen.aud" -> house 0 (atreides) -> Mission 1 -> play fremen.aud

Example: "MultiPlayer=*" -> Plays a random soundtrack found in the Data/Music folder (once the soundtrack is done playing it will pick another random soundtrack)

[Music]
0-1=fremen.aud
1-1=*
2-1=ARAKATAK.aud
MultiPlayer=*
Skirmish=AMBUSH.AUD

http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/d2k/Music.ini

Update:

You can now choose the soundtrack that is going to play during a Mission/Skirmish/MultiPlayer

Random songs are supported too

Example: "0-1=fremen.aud" -> house 0 (atreides) -> Mission 1 -> play fremen.aud

Example: "MultiPlayer=*" -> Plays a random soundtrack found in the Data/Music folder (once the soundtrack is done playing it will pick another random soundtrack)

[Music]

0-1=fremen.aud

1-1=*

2-1=ARAKATAK.aud

MultiPlayer=*

Skirmish=AMBUSH.AUD

http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/d2k/Music.ini

How should it look if i want linkup.aud, slavesys.aud, elusive.aud, hacker.aud to play for both skirmish and multiplayer randomly? Do we use commas after each filename or just a space? the * is a wildcard, meaning it takes all files and starts with one randomly?

You cannot choose that, but you could delete the songs you dislike from the folder and it would only play the ones left if you choose *

Update:

I had to disable parts of the patch again, it will keep repeating the song now like it always did since for any reason the game OOS'ed when the song was changed. The song it is choosing is still random tho, that part works fine.

Gonna try to fix it the next days

You cannot choose that, but you could delete the songs you dislike from the folder and it would only play the ones left if you choose *

Update:

I had to disable parts of the patch again, it will keep repeating the song now like it always did since for any reason the game OOS'ed when the song was changed. The song it is choosing is still random tho, that part works fine.

Gonna try to fix it the next days

So it picks a random song and repeats it?