Dune 2000 1.06p - Game patching (bug fixes, new features)

FunkyFr3sh

Now there is no more dune.exe I can't open any mission with the mission launcher. I tried reinstalling the gruntmod, but this version is too new and the game doesn't work without changing that to dune.dat

Any idea how I can get dune.exe to work? Or any copy of the tiny dune.exe left?

Did you check if there are any compat modes set for dune2000.exe? Disable all of them and re-download the latest dune2000.exe, I updated it to foce the win8 fixes to be turned on

delete the dune2000.ini again to reset all settings once you removed the compat modes and re-downloaded dune2000.exe

thats probably cause he included a old version of the file in his installer, starting cncnet once should download the latest.

The old file in his installer probably doesn't have the win8 bug yet

Win8 bug = game changes resolution but you still see your desktop and hear the music of the game

I guess the easiest way to solve all your problems with bad registry keys/compat modes is to re-install the game to a different folder

The launcher and the cncnet won't work regardless of what I change. I tried cncnet before we made most changes as well and it didn't work then either.

When I try to open cncnet: 16iwa4j.png

When I click any button, but the one for update on the launcher: 2d0cpk5.png

FunkyFr3sh I have another question/suggestion.

Is it possible to patch D2k to support static crates in campaign missions? I mean that you can place a crate in map editor via some Special value (like you place buildings).

There would be ability to specify the type of crate (like money, unit, stealthify, show/hide map etc). Some free special values (for example above 800 or 900) could be used.

• Upvote 3

What changes did you make? 

I just wanted to find out how many different crate types the game has, so removed the code that checked if there is a crate on the cell you move into, this made it easy to go through all numbers but makes the game unplayable :D

• Upvote 2

I start recording my funny tests now, here is Episode 1: Spice Bloom Massacre

I patched the game so it thinks every cell contains a spice bloom crate

Download the video here: https://baccd950fc618496c71e377631e5c9df6d9f7c2e.googledrive.com/host/0B5by5H1Q2PxEODFSa2d6elFJZUE/Videos/Dune%202000%20Fun%20-%20Spice%20Bloom%20Massacre.avi

lmao excellent. Btw what's that sound starting at 0:16 lol

I start recording my funny tests now, here is Episode 1: Spice Bloom Massacre

I patched the game so it thinks every cell contains a spice bloom crate

Download the video here: https://baccd950fc618496c71e377631e5c9df6d9f7c2e.googledrive.com/host/0B5by5H1Q2PxEODFSa2d6elFJZUE/Videos/Dune%202000%20Fun%20-%20Spice%20Bloom%20Massacre.avi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP5QJ6X-iao

you can make like this?  :P 

• Upvote 2