Dune 2000 1.06p - Game patching (bug fixes, new features)

FunkyFr3sh

Renaming the patched exe to dune 2000.dat worked. Disabling compatbility mode did not. Now everything runs fine exept I'm getting tearing. Your exe with compatibility settings has no tearing...

I still don't understand why your exe works out of the box with compatibility settings on with 1280x720 and mvis does not.

I still dont understand this win8 problems either :( i did some testing with gruntlord and the best solution was renaming the file to dune2000.dat, i dont have win8 myself so i cannot really test things to find out more. Some other games seems to have the same problem, hopefully someone will find the root of the evil soon so it can be fully working

[a bit of topic]

I tried it on Windows 9, it does not work. Oh well, you can't have it all... :)

//it's a joke, windows 9 does not exist.

Versions of the 90's are called '9x' so that's why there can not be a 9. Number is already in use. And the internal version in MS Windows is different than the one they use to sell their product! Let's also see if after 10 they will again change their numbering system.

[/a bit of topic]

Renaming the patched exe to dune 2000.dat worked. Disabling compatbility mode did not. Now everything runs fine exept I'm getting tearing. Your exe with compatibility settings has no tearing...

I still don't understand why your exe works out of the box with compatibility settings on with 1280x720 and mvis does not.

There is no difference, you need to run it as a dat to get it to work properly. It also gets tearing no matter what (usually at the top of the screen when scrolling).

What about Windows 10? Will it work there? Has anyone tested it?

Micro ... garbage: Getting worse with every newer release of M$FT Windoze.

I tried it on Windows 9, it does not work. Oh well, you can't have it all... :)

//it's a joke, windows 9 does not exist.

It works fine on Windows 10.

• Upvote 1

Hello guys, I'm just wondering if there are any news about the airstrike bug in multiplayer mode. Is it gonna be fixed?

Have looked into it some time ago, but still not sure what is causing it :( thats why airstrike is still turned off on cncnet to avoid out of sync (else you cannot play with AI, they use it all the time)

Have looked into it some time ago, but still not sure what is causing it :( thats why airstrike is still turned off on cncnet to avoid out of sync (else you cannot play with AI, they use it all the time)

:( if this helps in any way let me tell you that at home we play almost everyday usualy 3 human vs 3 AI... (we never choose atreides) and I remember clearly that sometimes there were AI atreides using airstrike and there is no oos problem. We are all using the new patch framework. this is an irritating issue, I didn't find the triggering yet.

1 linux pc @ 1366x768
1 windows 8 @ 1280x768
1 windows 8.1 @ 1280x768

A guess; air-strike drop or damage coordinates use static resolution variable in calculations. Or a static offset variable linked to the width or height of the screen perhaps? When different game resolutions are used the drop location is out of sync. Did you already find the code location of the air-strike?

:( if this helps in any way let me tell you that at home we play almost everyday usualy 3 human vs 3 AI... (we never choose atreides) and I remember clearly that sometimes there were AI atreides using airstrike and there is no oos problem. We are all using the new patch framework. this is an irritating issue, I didn't find the triggering yet.

1 linux pc @ 1366x768
1 windows 8 @ 1280x768
1 windows 8.1 @ 1280x768

I have been testing with feda some time ago, one of us could fire up air strikes non stop without oos, but as soon as the other one used it we had an OOS. I guess it could only happen if at least one of the players is using the original res 640x400?

A guess; air-strike drop or damage coordinates use static resolution variable in calculations. Or a static offset variable linked to the width or height of the screen perhaps? When different game resolutions are used the drop location is out of sync. Did you already find the code location of the air-strike?

The math to calcutate the target cell is working properly and is fully high res compatible, but i only checked the code for the one who was using the airstrike

I have been testing with feda some time ago, one of us could fire up air strikes non stop without oos, but as soon as the other one used it we had an OOS. I guess it could only happen if at least one of the players is using the original res 640x400?

that's an interesting thought what you said. at the beginning we thought that all players must be in the same vertical resolution (e.g: 768px), but no.
have you ever tried switching between 8bit and 16bit?
I have noticed also that when the map is covered you can hear the explotions that the airstrike releases: no oos.. that's until someone can see the spot that the airstrike is hitting and done: OOS. at least i think that, not sure.
I think we are lucky 'cause we can finish our games almost everytime because there are no AI atreides.. don't know why, maybe because we choose only ordos or harkonnen?

It could be anything lol, feda actualyl made a nice test map where you had the air strike quickly without waiting all the time. It just takes some testing to find out what is going on there :) I dont think 8bit would make any difference (we could reproduce it on 16bit all the tiem)

The original game is not really random, it builds all its random numbers out of "1", that means you could always end up with the same ai player sides in the first game you play (i fixed that in cncnet some time ago), could also be that ai players have a much lower chance to become arteides because their id is 0 (not sure about that)