Dune 2000 1.06p - Game patching (bug fixes, new features)

FunkyFr3sh

FunkyFr3sh, would you like to see question "Multiplayer Game editing", that I asked in January, if you please.

i already added that :) Download for the test version is here: http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/d2k/dune2000-multiplayer-missions.exe

go a few posts back and you will see some videos from feda and dato using it online, im sure feda can provide you with some example maps

• Upvote 2

i already added that :) Download for the test version is here: http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/d2k/dune2000-multiplayer-missions.exe

Thank you very much!  :) I like it.

FunkyFr3sh, you made option -Skirmish for Dune2000.exe. With this option game goes to Multiplayer Game -> Practice.

I suppose, that option -Skirmish will be useful for dune2000-multiplayer-missions.exe too.

Because I (or  maybe somebody else) use this file just for to run Multiplayer Game -> Practice.

Is it possible to make -skimish option?

Thank you very much!  :) I like it.

FunkyFr3sh, you made option -Skirmish for Dune2000.exe. With this option game goes to Multiplayer Game -> Practice.

I suppose, that option -Skirmish will be useful for dune2000-multiplayer-missions.exe too.

Because I (or  maybe somebody else) use this file just for to run Multiplayer Game -> Practice.

Is it possible to make -skimish option?

yes, i will add that patch to dune2000.exe soon and there will be no more need for the multiplayer-missions test .exe

Any chance you could look at the way the music menu renders? It seems like adding new music causes the menu to mix up the entries

They should work fine if you change the entries in the text file. 

Any chance you could look at the way the music menu renders? It seems like adding new music causes the menu to mix up the entries

I wanna get rid of the .aud files at some point and replace them with .mp3 or at least .wav, i have it on my to-do list and will look into the code for the music stuff once i have some other things done

can you upload a test package with the text.uib and the new soundtrack so i can see it?

I've made a test package using the default text.uib included with patch 1.6, but It seems im having issues intentionally recreating the problem even in my existing setup :/

Either way, it might be worth looking into.

Edit: attached the files to this post

Test Music Package.rar

I've made a test package using the default text.uib included with patch 1.6

I think about... May be it's time to change number of Dune2000 version, isn't it? So many changes...

Dune 1.7. Or may be even 2.0 because, for example, it can work with new monitors now without patches and so on.

• Upvote 2

I've made a test package using the default text.uib included with patch 1.6, but It seems im having issues intentionally recreating the problem even in my existing setup :/

Either way, it might be worth looking into.

Edit: attached the files to this post

k saved it and put it on my todo list :)

I think about... May be it's time to change number of Dune2000 version, isn't it? So many changes...

Dune 1.7. Or may be even 2.0 because, for example, it can work with new monitors now without patches and so on.

i named my patch "1.06p rev.7 FunkyFr3sh" :D

Nice work. It also auto-detects the supported resolutions from the system, right? My only super unimportant critique is that the font looks a little like comic-sans (which is not-done of course). :)

Did you happen to find, during your hyper syndrome period, also something about the movies and the background images to be centred?

Will the 1300 functions you discovered also be added to github?

• Upvote 2

Nice work. It also auto-detects the supported resolutions from the system, right? My only super unimportant critique is that the font looks a little like comic-sans (which is not-done of course). :)

Did you happen to find, during your hyper syndrome period, also something about the movies and the background images to be centred?

Will the 1300 functions you discovered also be added to github?

yea it detects all supported resolutions. IT IS comic sans, i love that font :D

I know where the movie code is, but i didnt look closer at that stuff .. but i found the code where it loads the movies to the interface, im very sure that is the place where the magic happens :D i already uploaded everything i mapped once i was done, it is the dune2000.csv

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...