Dune 2000 1.06p - Game patching (bug fixes, new features)

FunkyFr3sh

Excuse me. Would you (somebody on the forum) like to explain me, what does it mean "skirmish" in Dune 2000? If you please...

practice!

Is there a reason I need to run this in compatibility mode to see the game at all? If I don't I only hear the game music and see my desktop at the game resolution.

I never had to use compatibility mode for the game exe or for the online launcher.

didn't hear of this one yet, have to try it out on a couple of pcs

Not sure if i got it properly, if i didnt i apologize. Gruntlord, if you're talking about funky's .exe, its not compatible with the old hires patch. Maybe thats the reason but again im not sure I understood it well.

Btw, here's Ordos mission 9 version 2, now PROPERLY ported for Co-Op. All events are working properly, and both players can select House Ordos (no more oos it seems).

• Upvote 4

athanasios / gruntlord:

i found a bug which caused the game to fail if the videobackbuffer option was not supported, this might solve the problems in linux (and virtual machines)

file updated

this also explains why the game runs so fast in virtual machines, cause it turns the backbuffer off

feda:

nice one :D

btw, does you game flicker all the time or is it just the video? i got a fix for that, but might need some testing

• Upvote 1

athanasios / gruntlord:

i found a bug which caused the game to fail if the videobackbuffer option was not supported, this might solve the problems in linux (and virtual machines)

file updated

this also explains why the game runs so fast in virtual machines, cause it turns the backbuffer off

feda:

btw, does you game flicker all the time or is it just the video? i got a fix for that, but might need some testing

Ironically I have better luck playing in the Virtual Machine then the real one with or without compatibility mode.

athanasios / gruntlord:

file updated

feda:

Flickering all the time, thank God you have a fix for it, it's driving me nuts :D

• Upvote 2

Ironically I have better luck playing in the Virtual Machine then the real one with or without compatibility mode.

try to delete dune2000.ini to reset all settings if there are still problems with the latest version

Now it works under Linux with WINE! :)

awesome

Flickering all the time, thank God you have a fix for it, it's driving me nuts :D

copy this into your game folder: http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/d2k/ie-ddraw.zip

• Upvote 3

1. In original resolution 640x400 there are scan lines http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scan_lines. Can we have/emulate this as an option for other resolutions to get a retro/original feeling?

2. Any way possible to make scrolling more smooth?

i never noticed any scan lines, maybe that happens because of something on linux? The fast scrolling is related to linux for sure, cause the video backbuffer is turned off

the game crashes lol

k, i wasnt sure which of the wrappers was working for dune :D try through all of the renderers via ts config -> http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/ts-config.7z

try to delete dune2000.ini to reset all settings if there are still problems with the latest version

awesome

copy this into your game folder: http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/d2k/ie-ddraw.zip

That worked great, but when I try to run at 1920x180 or 1600x900 I get a message saying my video card doesn't support the required modes. 1024x768 works without a hitch

Scanlines exist in the original game. You need a CRT to notice them. I cannot tell about LCDs and non default refresh rates.

ah k :)

That worked great, but when I try to run at 1920x180 or 1600x900 I get a message saying my video card doesn't support the required modes. 1024x768 works without a hitch

strange, i will need to try it out .. maybe there was something special about 16:9 resolutions

Again the question how did you do the co-op thing? I mean what do I have to do if I want to start a game like this?

you will need to create a custom mission, and a custom prac.mis .. then go to the online lobby somewhere and fire it up :) feda can prolly provide you a few example maps

i will prolly get the new dune online server done soon, once everything is working i will add the mission stuff too

FunkyFr3sh,  may I divide list of options in Dune2000.ini by empty lines? 

Like this: 

[MultiPlayer]
UnitCount=10
TechLevel=7
StartingCredits=7000
AIPlayers=0
Crates=Yes
Worms=0
PlayerName=NONAME
PlayerSide=0
PlayerColor=0
PlayerHandicap=0
IPAddress=
ModemPhone=
SerialComPort=1

[Options]
FirstTimePlay=No
ScrollRate=20
GameSpeed=15
GameBitsPerPixel=16
SFXVolume=100
MusicVolume=0

Will game be work normally?

FunkyFr3sh,  may I divide list of options in Dune2000.ini by empty lines? 

Like this: 

[MultiPlayer]

UnitCount=10

TechLevel=7

StartingCredits=7000

AIPlayers=0

Crates=Yes

Worms=0

PlayerName=NONAME

PlayerSide=0

PlayerColor=0

PlayerHandicap=0