Dune 2000 1.06p - Game patching (bug fixes, new features)

FunkyFr3sh

you dont need any external program, just copy all files in and the game will pick the right file :) each res got its own file now e.g. UIBB.800x600.R16

all you need is the latest dune2000.exe and the sidebar graphics from here:

http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/d2k/HighRes-sidebar.7z

after you copied in the files you only need to change the res in the dune2000.ini, no other file needs to be changed to switch the res :)

high res backgrounds are possible too (if you prefer to have it all centered) but those are optional:

http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/d2k/HighRes-backgrounds.7z

• Upvote 1

some small updates,

sidebar graphic glitches are now fixed (high res)

tooltips are now showing on the proper place again (high res) - by D2k Sardaukar

new high res game icon has been added - by tomsons26

in-game chat messages are now shown for a longer time

the patch is now showing a version number (currently with this release 1.06.1)

new option has been added to dune2000.ini - "Options", "SlowSideBarScrolling" (the sidebar will scroll the items one by one with this enabled)

download:

http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/d2k/dune2000.exe

sidebar graphcis:

http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/d2k/HighRes-sidebar.7z

• Upvote 4

Original works but patch crashes with a chunk of sound played (menu music). Also it darkens my screen and cannot Alt-Tab. I have to push Power button on keyboard to logout and login again. If resolution is different form the one of desktop then after the crash it doesn't go back but at least you get a visible desktop and do not need to logout. ini file is not created.

are you sure you dont have the old high res patch applied? it would for sure cause a crash if you have

and make sure you ajust your .dll overrides if there were some to dune2000.exe since dune2000.dat is unused now .. also re-set your compat settings for dune2000.exe in wine

I have not set any specific options in WINE for Dune2000. WINE is mostly using original Dlls from MS Windows-that's the only override-no specific Dlls for specific executables. I just got a RIP version 1.0.2 (has no-CD crack) and patched it with US Patch to 1.0.6. Both work under WINE.

But this doesn't. At least I changed setting in WINE to create its own desktop, so I do not have to log out to gt rid of the black screen.

Any luck with transporting the sub houses fix patch to the patching framework? I did a quick check for differences/patched locations and you can count them on one hand, if I'm correct. :) Or else mvi might know the finer details of the sub houses patch.

nope, i been spending the last 3days to go through the whole .exe to find and map all kinds of functions :D I found a lot cool stuff, seems like the game can read some kind of .ini files for the unit/building/weapon stats. I also found converters to convert plain text menu/string table files to the binary format the game is using (uib uil). Seen a lot of code which the devs used but is all unused now :D the map files were some kind of .ini files too at first, but in the final game released everthing has been converted to binary formats

I have not set any specific options in WINE for Dune2000. WINE is mostly using original Dlls from MS Windows-that's the only override-no specific Dlls for specific executables. I just got a RIP version 1.0.2 (has no-CD crack) and patched it with US Patch to 1.0.6. Both work under WINE.

But this doesn't. At least I changed setting in WINE to create its own desktop, so I do not have to log out to gt rid of the black screen.

so you did not change the resolution? you also do not use the other high res patch?

did you ever try the other high res patch on wine?

k, i guess i have to remove all patches one by one and test it to find out what it could be :/ but testing on linux is always incredible annoying, so im not sure when im going to do that :)

I think mvi was running linux too (or mac), would be interesting to hear if it fails for him too

• Upvote 1

k, i guess i have to remove all patches one by one and test it to find out what it could be :/ but testing on linux is always incredible annoying, so im not sure when im going to do that :)

I think mvi was running linux too (or mac), would be interesting to hear if it fails for him too

He has a mac, but that would be worth testing with in it's own right

• Upvote 2

Any luck with transporting the sub houses fix patch to the patching framework? I did a quick check for differences/patched locations and you can count them on one hand, if I'm correct. :) Or else mvi might know the finer details of the sub houses patch.

I've ported it to the new patcher now - https://github.com/mvi/dune2k/commit/62b903bc2e3f33f74621a35f38fcbb42c23dab95

• Upvote 2

I can wait. I would first remove any graphics related patches. Linux/WINE: It is not the first game thats ruins the diplay on Linux. Even native Linux games do so and many users are complaining.

I can wait. I would first remove any graphics related patches. Linux/WINE: It is not the first game thats ruins the diplay on Linux. Even native Linux games do so and many users are complaining.

alright :)

got some news, preplaced buildings and events (triggers) are now working in skirmish too. Its just for testing atm, nothing is done yet :D Feda and dato were able to play a singleplayer mission online using this patch :D but it still needs some tweaks to get it working perfectly online (players need to pick the right sides/colors or the game goes OOS)

test file is here:

http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/d2k/dune2000-multiplayer-missions.exe

here is a video of feda and dato playing a mission online in co-op mode :D

• Upvote 5