Harkonnen Extravaganza [idea]

Nuclear_harvester

my idea was to create campagin harkonnen extravaganza   and  example challenges would be'

- destroying   specific house before  other house destroys another. (example  mission completed after killing  atreides, mission failed if ordos kill emperor)

- harvester racing  - you  have 20   harvesters and opponent will  throw at you infantry  you have to keep crushing  the infantry for  15 minutes    then mission completed mission failed  if you lose  all harvesters,  use carryals to move between spice fields

-  bridge of war .-  you  only have   40 tanks  20 quads/trikes 10 troopers  few repair pads  you haveto  destroy   turrets on thin land  and ldont lose all units kill all turrets to complete mission (no siege tanks,missile tanks)

-hills have eyes   only infantry  , destroy   as many  stealth fremens as you can find  you have 15minutes to kill them  otherwise mission fails

- one way ticket.   mission completes after you destroy atreides base,  try to not agress other houses    once this done  army they produce will directly send to you

- sandworm challenge  . you  have  10  MCV'S  you must find  stable place to build base  and destroy fremen  camp next to you  warning     alot of slow sand and alot of worms .(lets say 50 worms) also scattered hostile forces  .

-the war - find way to  start war between 5  houses   (they are all bot neutral to themselves)  you will have  base and tanks, but find  way without  getting involved. mission completes when  ordos is destroyed

- the wall  well this is only survival ,  you have to move   harvesters, mcv's throught  maze  filed with turrets   evry minute opponent will get 1 trike/raider   and your amount of troops slowly decrease - survive or  find way to build base  in  10 minutes

- the assault. this is   final mission and you   release     friendly base from   blockade, release their harvesters and let them build base, mission ends in hour or fails if   friendly base is  destroyed   oh and you fighting  5   fortified  enemies no reinforcements , no harevster replacement for you.

=================================

problem is simple   without 8th ai i cannot start to work on this the 8th ai could   screw you with additional opponent to fight.

looking for  some help.   at the moment   any work isnot yet started.

• Upvote 3

tried that  but   the 8th   house   whatever i do sells  the construction yard.  it wont even build base.   changing base owner to 8th house isnt helping either  because 8th house can be   put on map only via carryal reinforcements  , you cant put  units or buldings with map editor.   tried  mess with tibed now but just dont know where to start.  

edit:   when  i  used    trainer for instant-build    the 8th house  i deploted mcv ,  built wind trap and sell refinery  and  second or two later was sold.  it looks like it  CAN build base but   automatic selling   is active and thus prevent    ai from building base.

well i have  the sub-house patch  and    it does not crash game  it just deploy  put concrete and sell  with instant build  cheat  it build wind trap and refinery before base is sold.  afte doing some research  and it looks like    8th house  has  implemented    autosell while regular  houses does not have this. so i can  make any progress   because  i dont have way  to turn 7 houses agaist you  carryal reinforcements are static and will dop  what you scripted up   the  untis from production   can be  many types.  wanted to do  the new campagin as hardest  .but looks like this "barrier" is unbeatable.

after going deeper tried to turn  8th house agaist me and   let them  drop engineers from  transporter  in moment of deploying the conyard   engineer enter and before the rock formation off bulding are gone  its captured and  cannot be sold  but  anything  he builds  sells automatically whatever  his financial conditions are set.   tried find other way to   get 8th house  build base made sonic tanks with function of   MCV and added them to carrial, and what?  he deploy sonic tank into conyard but still is sold.  i am stuck in dead point

I don't quite get your problem. I gave the Sandworm an MCV and some infantry through a unit spawn event (timer=1) and gave him the practice AI. Then I changed the index allocation to house 0 (Atreides) to avoid the "cannot find correct construction yard" crash. The "sandworm" built his base just like all other 7 houses did.

well i have  the sub-house patch  and    it does not crash game  it just deploy  put concrete and sell  with instant build  cheat  it build wind trap and refinery before base is sold.  afte doing some research  and it looks like    8th house  has  implemented    autosell while regular  houses does not have this. so i can  make any progress   because  i dont have way  to turn 7 houses agaist you  carryal reinforcements are static and will dop  what you scripted up   the  untis from production   can be  many types.  wanted to do  the new campagin as hardest  .but looks like this "barrier" is unbeatable.

after going deeper tried to turn  8th house agaist me and   let them  drop engineers from  transporter  in moment of deploying the conyard   engineer enter and before the rock formation off bulding are gone  its captured and  cannot be sold  but  anything  he builds  sells automatically whatever  his financial conditions are set.   tried find other way to   get 8th house  build base made sonic tanks with function of   MCV and added them to carrial, and what?  he deploy sonic tank into conyard but still is sold.  i am stuck in dead point

Check my AI files in my new topic.

Import 3.misai to house Sandworm.

His Ai wasnt the practice AI, thats why it didnt build.

You got some interesting ideas there tbh, would like to see some of them :) But don't make it a "campaign", campaigns require a story. Make it a mission pack maybe.