Custom Hotkeys for D2k

FunkyFr3sh

Download: *link-dead*

Tutorial:
Open hotkeys.asm inside of the src folder and change your keys... here are my custom settings as example:

SelectAllUnits dd E_Key
Scatter dd X_Key
CenterNextUnit dd N_Key
Repair dd T_Key
Sell dd Y_Key
Guard dd G_Key
CenterBase dd H_Key
Stop dd S_Key
Bookmark1 dd W_Key
Bookmark2 dd R_Key
Bookmark3 dd Spacebar_Key
Bookmark4 dd V_Key
SidebarUp dd D_Key
SidebarDown dd F_Key
Alliance dd A_Key
Retreat dd U_Key

save the file, now go to the main folder and start "build.cmd" ... a new File named Dune2000.exe will be created

copy Dune2000.exe into your game folder, enjoy!

• Upvote 2

i chose the names in there :) its a patching framework, you can create .asm files with your patches and build a new dune2000.dat (i renamed it to .exe) with just a click. It makes it easier to change parts of the patches since it is always building a new dune2000 dat out of a clean one (you dont need to revert anything)

i seen your tool before, but i didnt try it out yet :) i thought it was modifying the memory of the game while its running hehe

i chose the names in there :) its a patching framework, you can create .asm files with your patches and build a new dune2000.dat (i renamed it to .exe) with just a click. It makes it easier to change parts of the patches since it is always building a new dune2000 dat out of a clean one (you dont need to revert anything)

i seen your tool before, but i didnt try it out yet :) i thought it was modifying the memory of the game while its running hehe

is it possible to create hotkeys for bulding units? probably the largest downside to building units is having to click on them. (If this is already possible, please tell me :p)

What this program can do? Calling functions of game?

Adding new code to the game or replacing existing code

automated production of units would be awesome

We should'nt go that far. I think there is a reason why we all love these old games!

If you ever played some competitive dune 2000 online games you will notice that the production is a very important skill in this old game, if you take that part away it wouldn't be the same game anymore

• Upvote 2

Hey guys, tried this in multiplayer, but it goes OOS (tested 2 games), then deleted dune2k.com and played with same player again, no OOS. Btw the hotkeys are contagious, played with the D & F for 10 minutes and then I couldn't properly play anymore when I put them back :D

If you ever played some competitive dune 2000 online games you will notice that the production is a very important skill in this old game, if you take that part away it wouldn't be the same game anymore

It wouldn't be automated though, would just be easier for the player to select without using the mouse.

save the file, now go to the main folder and start "build.cmd" ... a new File named Dune2000.exe will be created

copy Dune2000.exe into your game folder, enjoy!

Unfortunately, it does not work. Dark screen, nothing more. Then return to Windows. (Win XP SP3)

I use Dune 2000 Gruntmod Edition. Must it be vanilla game?

Folder with yor program can be anywhere? I mean, when I start "build.cmd". 

May be , I must  to copy Dune2000.dat from your folder to the game folder too?

And... your Dune2000. exe much more (bigger, I mean) than standart dune2000.exe file. 1 065 472 bytes and 91 136 bytes.

made key for win  :D its better than automated production of units  :D  click once and you win it will be best hot key  :laugh:

sure, i will add a instant lose key for you :D

It wouldn't be automated though, would just be easier for the player to select without using the mouse.

no comment :D

Unfortunately, it does not work. Dark screen, nothing more. Then return to Windows. (Win XP SP3)

I use Dune 2000 Gruntmod Edition. Must it be vanilla game?

Folder with yor program can be anywhere? I mean, when I start "build.cmd". 

May be , I must  to copy Dune2000.dat from your folder to the game folder too?

And... your Dune2000. exe much more (bigger, I mean) than standart dune2000.exe file. 1 065 472 bytes and 91 136 bytes.

this file wont have a high res patch, so it might not be compatible with your current dune installation :/

you can take the dune2000.dat from the patch folder, put it into your game folder and add the highres patch and everything else, then copy it back to the patch folder and add the hotkeys :)

the file is bigger after the patch, thats normal :)

And what are these Bookmarks?

you can save positions on the screen with them, press CTRL+F9 to save the position and then F9 to load it

Is this for Multiplayer game only?

This is impossible "to make Allies" and "to declare war" in Missions, how I can understand?

Im not sure if you can ally with AI players, probably not (not yet)

-

and btw, i tested it with shao again, it works all fine online without OOS

• Upvote 1

this file wont have a high res patch, so it might not be compatible with your current dune installation :/

you can take the dune2000.dat from the patch folder, put it into your game folder and add the highres patch and everything else, then copy it back to the patch folder and add the hotkeys :)

Eureka!  :)

It works!

I suppose, reason of the fault is really High Resolution Patch. Because the patch changes file dune2000.dat.

I copy the file dune2000.dat (where 1280 x 720 resolution installed) from the game folder to your, FunkyFr3sh, program folder Dune2000_106p. Run build.cmd. And copy dune2000.dat and dune2000.exe to the game folder.

Guess I'll be waiting on OpenD2K ;)

That is prolly the only way to get such game-play changes :)

I copy the file dune2000.dat (where 1280 x 720 resolution installed) from the game folder to your, FunkyFr3sh, program folder Dune2000_106p ....

that might cause problems, you have to use the dune2000.dat i added in the .zip and add the highres patch to that one, and then copy this file back to the folder and add the hotkeys (the file i included is a speical one, not original)

But if you just play single player then it might just work doing it the way you did :D

• Upvote 1

That is prolly the only way to get such game-play changes :)

that might cause problems, you have to use the dune2000.dat i added in the .zip and add the highres patch to that one, and then copy this file back to the folder and add the hotkeys (the file i included is a speical one, not original)

But if you just play single player then it might just work doing it the way you did :D

The Gruntmods Edition shouldn't be used for online anyway, Dune 2000 Online is better suited for that task.

i added the missing hotkeys, but sadly you cannot use them with the old download from here...

the following keys have been added:
int OptionsMenu = VK_ESCAPE;
int Team1 = '1';
int Team2 = '2';
int Team3 = '3';
int Team4 = '4';
int Team5 = '5';
int Team6 = '6';
int Team7 = '7';
int Team8 = '8';
int Team9 = '9';
int Team10 = '0';