Railroad Pioneer Music

I had forgotten about this music for a while, as I changed operating systems a while back and no longer had the game installed. This morning I listened once again and my spirits were recharged for a week.

Simply the greatest theme music ever included with any game. Wish I knew its source and whether I could download it for my MP3 player.

• Upvote 1

I agree, the music in Railroad Pioneer is great. It is still fun and modern while retaining the Western feel.

I believe most of it is on YouTube. If you have a video down-loader you should be able to grab them one at a time as mp3 files (most YouTube video down-loaders have this conversion option) then transfer them to your player. Seeing you have the game you have the right to have a backup of the songs. I don't have Railroad Pioneer installed either. If you find out who composed it let us know.

I agree, the music in Railroad Pioneer is great. It is still fun and modern while retaining the Western feel.

I believe most of it is on YouTube. If you have a video down-loader you should be able to grab them one at a time as mp3 files (most YouTube video down-loaders have this conversion option) then transfer them to your player. Seeing you have the game you have the right to have a backup of the songs. I don't have Railroad Pioneer installed either. If you find out who composed it let us know.

Thanks for your reply.

The game is now re-installed and I'll reacquaint myself with it later. I looked again at the CD's contents and found a .wav file called autorun and it plays on Windows media player. It is the music that plays during the game installation. A little more mellow than the main theme, but filled with beautiful chords and orchestral arrangement nonetheless. So is there a way to convert a .wav file to MP3?

As for the main theme, it is evidently tucked away in the 400MB main game installation setup file, so I wouldn't have any idea how to get to it there. The music files after installation are .ogg files  :unsure: . Have no idea how to play them outside of the game.

So can you elaborate on this video downloader you mentioned? I clearly don't have much expertise in this area. But I know a lot about great music and Railroad Pioneer's is top-notch.

Thanks!

Looked into this downloader thing a little bit and found that you can get it as an add-on in Firefox, which is what I use. Did an add-on search in Firefox and got 240 results for downloaders :unsure: Where to begin?

In the game credits, "The Cellar Room" is credited for music. Googled that and came up with nothing outside of some restaurants and such that unrelatedly share that name.

There are free programs that will play OGG files on the PC. This is a good one: http://mpc-hc.org/. As far as converting them to MP3, that is more complicated. Their are free programs that will do it, but it requires a little more intuition to know what to do.

The easiest option would probably still be YouTube. As you saw there are many downloaders to choose from of various quality. I use this one: http://www.yourvideofile.org/download.html. Good, clean, and simple. Once installed, you should see a "Download As:"  button next to thumbs up/thumbs down while in YouTube. Click this to get a drop down menu which will have some options, one of which is MP3.

Orchestral music with easy listening qualities is my favorite type of music also.

• Upvote 1

There are free programs that will play OGG files on the PC. This is a good one: http://mpc-hc.org/. As far as converting them to MP3, that is more complicated. Their are free programs that will do it, but it requires a little more intuition to know what to do.

The easiest option would probably still be YouTube. As you saw there are many downloaders to choose from of various quality. I use this one: http://www.yourvideofile.org/download.html. Good, clean, and simple. Once installed, you should see a "Download As:"  button next to thumbs up/thumbs down while in YouTube. Click this to get a drop down menu which will have some options, one of which is MP3.

Orchestral music with easy listening qualities is my favorite type of music also.

I have a problem. I've tried several times to start a game and can't....can't stop listening to the opening music. :)

As enchanting as the entire piece is, I turn to solid goosebumps at the 2:00 point - every time. What a masterpiece!

Thanks so much for your tips. Clearly, I have much to learn in this area and I'll report back after I've (hopefully) accomplished my goal.

You can also download and run VLC to play ogg files and convert them to MP3.

Thank you. I've been researching this and found VLC to be an attractive option, reinforced by their strong stance against bundling malware with their product.

So downloaded and installed it. Plays the OGG files that I sought it for, but.......the audio has an unacceptable crackling noise throughout playback. A quick search reveals that this is a well-known issue with the VLC player. So now I'm researching a solution to this crackling problem and will have to go another way if I can't find it. A couple things I've tried thus far haven't worked.

So I just tried the conversion process in VLC, thinking that converting the OGG to MP3 just might solve the cracking problem. Followed the instructions and It simply did nothing - created the specified destination file, but nothing else.

Losing confidence fast in VLC....

Ok, goal accomplished!

From another source I received a recommendation of Audacity. It worked first time flawlessly both as a player and a converter, so now I have Railroad Pioneer WAVs on my MP3 player. Life is good. :)